Who Is To Blame For The Star Wars Fiasco?

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
heh - yea, the 70s scifi logans run. :)

i could do what i wanted to do and make it a woman character but i prefer things to be that way cause it makes sense for the story. not go "ok, this male character is now female - go". just seems forced to me.
My bad. Doing too much scanning posts instead of reading.

I wonder who could be the female version of Michael York? Wait. York did play Logan in the original version right? I wonder if the colony would be set on Earth in the distant future or another planet?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
ah hell - i do it all the time.

what are we talking about again? this is like when i go in the kitchen and can't remember why. hell, i quit drinking and that still happens.

I’d like to see Logan’s Run get a treatment the way Westworld did.

cml750

Reaction score
I've always felt that there was a better, fuller, more interesting backstory that was never utilized.

In his description of Darth Plagueis, Palpatine says that he was "so powerful that he could influence the Midichlorians to create life". That should have been the story as to how Anakin was born. And the never-explained kidnapping of his mother and the subsequent dreams he had of his mother and Padme should have been the result of Darth Sidious' machinations. Instead, none of it was explained, it "just happened". A tremendous missed opportunity in my mind.
Agree with you 100%. I did not do a good job of explaining myself. I should have said Anakin was created by the Plagueis who used the midichlorians to do it. Of course as revealed in a later post in this thread, I guess it was Palpatine who actually did that. I was unaware of that revelation until I read it here. I have not paid attention to any of the other Star Wars stuff other than the movies. I know some of it is considered canon and some not.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Agree with you 100%. I did not do a good job of explaining myself. I should have said Anakin was created by the Plagueis who used the midichlorians to do it. Of course as revealed in a later post in this thread, I guess it was Palpatine who actually did that. I was unaware of that revelation until I read it here. I have not paid attention to any of the other Star Wars stuff other than the movies. I know some of it is considered canon and some not.

No apologies necessary friend. My issue lies with Lucas, the filmmaker failing to flesh out his own story. At that point in his career, my money is on the fact that he never thought of the opportunity sitting right in front of him.

But someone had to "fix" things in the comics, and I can't help but wonder now if someone will "fix" it in the upcoming film?

timb2

Reaction score
Leia was one of the leaders of the Rebellion in RoTJ, ESB, and ANH. It makes total sense that she'd be THE leader of a new rebellion against the First Order. She was always a strong personality from the first. Super Saiyan Space Leia was utterly ridiculous, but her being a general? It fits perfectly. She should have died when the bridge took the hit though, Jedi-trained or not.

There were several examples of agenda in TLJ, but her being a general wasn't one of them.
Was Han Solo a General???

timb2

Reaction score
I would love to cast a new Star Trek. Yeah the women are back in mini-skirts and all look like Victoria Secret models and the guys are Captain Kirk types. The Klingons should have never had their foreheads morphed. Klingons were perfect in the original series.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Fathers are under attack by Hollyweird. Every sitcom they have the Father who is some dumb oaf who is fat and cannot connect with his familty. He is the butt of all the jokes for the show... The wife will be beautiful but stuck in this marriage and her life would be so much better without the husband.The kids are totally disrespectful of the Father and yet the Mother they won't be.....Can you tell me any family friendly TV show in the last 20 years. The Father is the hero and not the joke???

You see the same crap in commercials .Father is a fool and the Wife is perfect.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Disney hates lightsabers....

Yeah, that stuff was legitimately crappy, but I'd be less likely to make fun of a movie than I would of a grown man who spends that much time and effort to find and point out every little flaw he can possibly see, after hours and hours of reviewing the movie.