Who is winning championships without a Franchise QB?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Because the odds are nobody wins a championship with a Rookie qb. And few without a Franchise QB. That’s how we know. What exactly are you determining your thoughts on?
You wrote the Cowboys were winning if they let Dak go.

CWR

Reaction score
List of SB winning Qb in Cap era

Brady
Mahomes
Foles
Manning’s
Wilson
Flacco
Rogers
Brees
Rothleisburger
Johnson
Dilfer
Warner
Elway
Favre
Aikman
Young

Out of 16 winning QB in Cap era. You have basically Foles, Dilfer and Johnson who weren’t Franchise QB’s.

3 Super Bowls out of 26. That’s about 12%. And 2 of 3 had generational defenses . The other a top 5 defense and the QB although not a Franchise QB played at a MVP level.

There simply isn’t a good percentage of winning Super Bowls without a Franchise QB despite whatever cap implications.

There was a brief period of time where Brad Johnson was pretty dang good, but I agree he's probably someone I consider a franchise QB. You make an excellent point.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
You wrote the Cowboys were winning if they let Dak go.

I see. You didn’t see what I was responding to. Which was “who’s trying to win a championship without a Franchise QB.” Which I responded we would be if we let Dak go. Context is our friend Coach :))

Diehardblues

Reaction score
There was a brief period of time where Brad Johnson was pretty dang good, but I agree he's probably someone I consider a franchise QB. You make an excellent point.
Yep

Johnson was one could argue was a borderline Franchise QB. Definitely agree. But I gave the naysayers the benefit of doubt on him.

Reactions: CWR

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Interesting how you always fall for the bait when I do it. I say hater clown and a hater clown comes running.

Why would you even care if you didnt feel slighted by the comment? Guilty conscience?

No, more curious why people like you are not benched given your constant name calling.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Good coaching does wonders no matter who the quarterback is. Look at the Browns. Stefanski's first year as their HC & they were playoff bound. Mayfield is a medicore quarterback.

Shanahan took the Niners from misery to another Superbowl in just 4 years. Again, another medicore quarterback, Jimmy G.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I see. You didn’t see what I was responding to. Which was “who’s trying to win a championship without a Franchise QB.” Which I responded we would be if we let Dak go. Context is our friend Coach :))
Maybe a friend to you but I prefer free thought and stream of consciousness.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Lol...i know you're not talking about feelings getting hurt, you're over in the other crying because people are talking about a player that was a free agent hopeful for the cowboys, that got tagged...lol

Like I said the only one here that is crying is you. Crying and not bright enough to understand that he's not now or will be available so it's dumb to even talk about him.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Yeah, that immediately takes a discussion down several notches before it really even begins.

That's the M.O. of the Dak fans. If you don't lick the bottom of Dak's shoe, you are a hater, a word that a young man/girl or an imbecile uses all the time to act big and tough. It's actually pretty funny and sad at the same time.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Possibly . That still to be determined. But I wasn’t arguing either of those comments . You really need to get that out of your head.

Did you ever find if there’s actually been any defenses not in top 10 winning championships? That’s what I was questioning.

Still looking for that article. If I remember right it was in the New York Times, but not finding it so far.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
That's the M.O. of the Dak fans. If you don't lick the bottom of Dak's shoe, you are a hater, a word that a young man/girl or an imbecile uses all the time to act big and tough. It's actually pretty funny and sad at the same time.

And what you just said is what the Prescott haters say. They think they know stuff but really don't.

Dre11

Reaction score
Like I said the only one here that is crying is you. Crying and not bright enough to understand that he's not now or will be available so it's dumb to even talk about him.

What's dumb is you being the only one in a thread that did understand why he was being talked about and then crying about it...lol

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Maybe a friend to you but I prefer free thought and stream of consciousness.
Lol

Now that you know what I was responding to, how do you feel ?

Do you think this franchise can win a championship without a Franchise QB?

Obviously we probably won’t even with one . But that was the thought regardless. I’ve been busy trying to respond to all, sorry if I wasn’t clear initially.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
What's dumb is you being the only one in a thread that did understand why he was being talked about and then crying about it...lol

lol...I think he's drinking already so soon in the day.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Good coaching does wonders no matter who the quarterback is. Look at the Browns. Stefanski's first year as their HC & they were playoff bound. Mayfield is a medicore quarterback.

Shanahan took the Niners from misery to another Superbowl in just 4 years. Again, another medicore quarterback, Jimmy G.
But Id argue both were Franchise QB’s . Jimmy G certainly was paid as such and was performing at Franchise level when they were making a run.

And Baker will prob be paid well above average franchise QB. I think we could present an argument his performance and impact is above average to the Browns success .