Who is your favorite Dallas Cowboy of all time?

Bay10

ehcrossing
Reaction score
Growing up as a Cowboys fan in the 90's I loved the triplets. To me though, Darren Woodson set the standard. Woody was like a general on the field. He is that DB the Boys have missed. And my favorite Cowboy ever. Who is your favorite Cowboy?

bigE79

Reaction score
ehcrossing;5076826 said:
Growing up as a Cowboys fan in the 90's I loved the triplets. To me though, Darren Woodson set the standard. Woody was like a general on the field. He is that DB the Boys have missed. And my favorite Cowboy ever. Who is your favorite Cowboy?
Staubach:star:

SHAMSzy

Reaction score
Of all time - Woodson, Current - Dez (used to be Romo, but I love Dez on social media)

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
4 way tie:

Landry
Lily
Staubach
Hayes

randy932

Reaction score
Don Meredith
Roger Staubach
Bob Lilly
Mel Renfro
Emmitt Smith

yentl911

Reaction score
Irvin - without him the early 90's team doesn't win three titles. He was the bedrock soul of that team. He was driven and would not accept anything less than 110%. A winner.

Big E - I miss hearing Madden gushing over the physical nature in which he played - he would absolutely pound on the guy in front of him. In his prime he was the most intimidating lineman I have ever seen play - bar none.

Randy White - absolute beast. never played at less than 100 mph. Seeing him a few yards off the ball in his four point stance in our flex defense always brought a smile to my face. Mean and nasty. Strong. Never quit.

Canada180

bannedontherun88
Reaction score
yentl911;5076846 said:
Irvin - without him the early 90's team doesn't win three titles. He was the bedrock soul of that team. He was driven and would not accept anything less than 110%. A winner.

Big E - I miss hearing Madden gushing over the physical nature in which he played - he would absolutely pound on the guy in front of him. In his prime he was the most intimidating lineman I have ever seen play - bar none.

Randy White - absolute beast. never played at less than 100 mph. Seeing him a few yards off the ball in his four point stance in our flex defense always brought a smile to my face. Mean and nasty. Strong. Never quit.

Tony Dorsett

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Far and above: Roger Staubach.

I also loved Rayfield Wright, Drew Pearson, Walt Garrison, and Calvin Hill.

Reaction score
as odd of a choice as it may sound, mine is Herschel Walker! :eek:

His arrival to the team is about the time when I became a die hard fan and never looked back. My number in all the sports I played was 34 and even had a pet named Herschel.

And then we all know what his trade did for our team........

RastaRocket

Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.
Reaction score
Emmitt was always my favorite player when I was a little kid. Irvin is awesome to, gotta love how much he loves the Cowboys.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
sunbum;5076852 said:

His arrival to the team is about the time when I became a die hard fan and never looked back. My number in all the sports I played was 34 and even had a pet named Herschel.

Not odd at all! Walker was great. He was a great player and a class act. I was sorry to see him go. It turned out to be best for the team, but I was really bummed at the time. When he returned to the team in about 1996 I think, I was really hoping the team would find a way to bring home another Super Bowl because I wanted Walker to have a ring.

AMERICAS_FAN

Reaction score
For me it's Michael Irvin!

Of the non "name" Cowboys, it's Russell Maryland! I even have a custom Maryland jersey from the 90s and its the same jersey I wear to this day on game days.

4lifecowboy

Reaction score
sunbum;5076852 said:

I honestly thought I would be the only one who would include Herschel Walker as one of my favorites. But I have no clear cut favorite, Dorsett, Woodson, Roy Williams (the safety, at the top of his game) now Bryant. All were/ are my favorite of there era.

Breezy

Reaction score
In terms of eras Ive been a fan:

Ron Springs

Aikman

Witten

All Time Prob- Aikman

Bowdown27

Reaction score
My grandfather- Tom Landry
My father- roger staubach
Me- troy aikman. Commanded the field and held the ship to together. Loved him