Who is your favorite Dallas Cowboy of all time?

Bay10

ehcrossing
Reaction score
Bowdown27;5076877 said:
My grandfather- Tom Landry
My father- roger staubach
Me- troy aikman. Commanded the field and held the ship to together. Loved him

cool to see different generations of Boys fans like that.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
ehcrossing;5076826 said:
Growing up as a Cowboys fan in the 90's I loved the triplets. To me though, Darren Woodson set the standard. Woody was like a general on the field. He is that DB the Boys have missed. And my favorite Cowboy ever. Who is your favorite Cowboy?

1. Rodger
2. Emmit

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Emmitt Smith

Jason Witten has done absolutely everything he possibly could so far to try and take that spot from Emmitt, though.

pancakeman

Reaction score
My predictable answer: Staubach.
Less predictable: Moose.
Yes I'm serious: Romo.

Proximo

Reaction score
Doug Free

:laugh2:

Actually, I'm going with Aikman. Dude played great and conducted himself exactly the way you'd want your on-field commander to.

birdwells1

Reaction score
yentl911;5076846 said:
Irvin - without him the early 90's team doesn't win three titles. He was the bedrock soul of that team. He was driven and would not accept anything less than 110%. A winner.

This 100%, some people on this site devalue leadership and to this I say Michael Irvin. If this team had a guy that demanded 100% effort everyday every practice and every game then we probably make the playoffs the last 2 years.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
birdwells1;5076902 said:
This 100%, some people on this site devalue leadership and to this I say Michael Irvin. If this team had a guy that demanded 100% effort everyday every practice and every game then we probably make the playoffs the last 2 years.

I love Irvin. Love his fire. Love his passion. But some people way over blow that to the point that they make it seem like him wanting to win simply made the team win.

They devalue the contribution and needs of Aikman, Smith, that defense, that O-line.

I mean do you think Irvin only had that passion after they started winning? Was he never demanding 110% effort in 88 and 89 and 90 when the Cowboys weren't winners necassarily? Or did that only start to happen from 91 on?

You take away Aikman and his demands of perfection, Emmitt and his drive to be the greatest of all time, Jimmy's desire to field a perfect unit...take away any one of those factors and guess what happens? Irvin is a really passionate, fiery, wonderful player who never wins a ring.

I have no problem with anyone having Irvin as their favorite player because of his passion and desire to win and the leadership that he showed but I'm not buying that the team was as great as it was based heavily on that factor alone.

muck4doo

Least-Known Member
Reaction score
Hard to pick just one, so I will throw a few out:

Harvey Martin
Everson Walls
Tony Dorsett
Darren Woodson
Kenny Gant

GoCowboysGo

Reaction score
If I had to pick just one I'd say Roger Staubach hands down.

The ultimate competitor!!!