Who Turned Heads At Thursday's Practice?

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Im going to bet you loved the Taco pick too. LOL

Funny how you are trying to pull back on ONLY that one. :muttley:

You can be a homer all you want buddy, doesnt bother me.

Put it this way, I'd rather be optimistic about draft picks than pessimistic. It makes it easier to be excited for an upcoming season.

tumblr_lodl4fWXtS1qluebuo1_500.0.gif

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I understand now. Anyone who criticizes a pick this team makes right after the draft is full of themselves because their opinion isn't worth anything.

Unless, of course, that opinion is positive. Then by all means state your opinion. That's what this board is for.

No. I think you understand only what you want to understand.

Opinions either positive or negative about a draft pick shouldn't be taken too seriously because no one here really knows anything. The problem isn't having an opinion. It's acting like that opinion really matters.

I would think you'd understand this more than some other posters because of your stance on a certain Dallas quarterback and certain former Philly quarterback. You've been wrong and instead of admitting it, you've just kind of turned it into a running joke. Wouldn't it have been better to not have taken such a hard stance against Prescott when neither you nor I knew how it was going to turn out? There was nothing wrong with believing Wentz was going to be better (he should have been since he was drafted in the top two while Dak was drafted in the fourth round), but that's different than actively disliking Dak (which you have done ... and you're not the only one). You absolutely were full of yourself in that instance, and I think you are so full or yourself that you're still unable to admit that you've been wrong about it.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Put it this way, I'd rather be optimistic about draft picks than pessimistic. It makes it easier to be excited for an upcoming season.

tumblr_lodl4fWXtS1qluebuo1_500.0.gif

I would rather someone do some research and engage in a realistic football conversation with debate and evidence to back up their stance. Blind homers and blind haters are of no use to a legitimate football conversation.

You can be both excited about the season and realistic about their chances of winning.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I would rather someone do some research and engage in a realistic football conversation with debate and evidence to back up their stance. Blind homers and blind haters are of no use to a legitimate football conversation.

You can be both excited about the season and realistic about their chances of winning.

I think if you go back to the draft boards from the time he was drafted, you'll find videos and research I did for why I liked the pick.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
I understand now. Anyone who criticizes a pick this team makes right after the draft is full of themselves because their opinion isn't worth anything.

Unless, of course, that opinion is positive. Then by all means state your opinion. That's what this board is for.

Depends on the criticism. People who panned the Wright pick were full of themselves. They never heard of the player but somehow knew he would have been available 2-3 rounds later.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I think if you go back to the draft boards from the time he was drafted, you'll find videos and research I did for why I liked the pick.

Let me clarify. I didn't make the videos. I found them and posted them. Point remains. I did research on the player after the pick was made and liked him based on that.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Should I have said "Nobody but blind homers like Furboy liked the pick"? :lmao2::lmao2::flagwave:

After all you just admitted you feel great about all our drafts.

And just an FYI..................Bourbanbrain finally admitted he actually didnt like the pick either.
Look jack wagon, I didn’t admit anything. I questioned the pick from the beginning because I knew nothing about him. But, I didn’t bash anyone over it. Reading comprehension certainly isn’t your strong suit. Being a big-mouthed ******* is though.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Let me clarify. I didn't make the videos. I found them and posted them. Point remains. I did research on the player after the pick was made and liked him based on that.
and thats how most here and even elsewhere base their evaluations.
Im just asking you this Furboy, and only because I respect your thoughts... did you truly respect the authors of those evaluations , their history with the game, their knowledge of the game?
Not putting you out on trial by no means so please do no misinterpret the meaning of my response.
In a pandemic season in which players not only elected to sit out the entire season, and programs shut down,, lets be clear here... how can we trust anyone other than our own internal drafting system,,,
that is McClay and his staff.
That is why fans here freak out that Joe Smo had Wright going 3 rounds later or undrafted,, thats the speculation and the bad observation and buying into what the so called nostradamus of the NFL internet want you to believe.
You did good brother,, in no way am I dismissing your research, you can learn a lot from observation, watch the tape, and dig a bit deeper with just what you are doing now, tape review, and there are some good resources available.
You probably already know..

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

You said why you liked the pick. Because the Cowboys drafted him.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Look jack wagon, I didn’t admit anything. I questioned the pick from the beginning because I knew nothing about him. But, I didn’t bash anyone over it. Reading comprehension certainly isn’t your strong suit. Being a big-mouthed ******* is though.

Well thats exactly what I did. LOL

Yet here we are.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Careful, it doesn’t take much to go over his head.

You and I both agree on Wright, yet you have argued with me, gone off on a tirade, and insulted me all day like some tough punk on a fan forum. LOL

If there is anything more dumb then that, I havent seen it.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
and thats how most here and even elsewhere base their evaluations.
Im just asking you this Furboy, and only because I respect your thoughts... did you truly respect the authors of those evaluations , their history with the game, their knowledge of the game?
Not putting you out on trial by no means so please do no misinterpret the meaning of my response.
In a pandemic season in which players not only elected to sit out the entire season, and programs shut down,, lets be clear here... how can we trust anyone other than our own internal drafting system,,,
that is McClay and his staff.
That is why fans here freak out that Joe Smo had Wright going 3 rounds later or undrafted,, thats the speculation and the bad observation and buying into what the so called nostradamus of the NFL internet want you to believe.
You did good brother,, in no way am I dismissing your research, you can learn a lot from observation, watch the tape, and dig a bit deeper with just what you are doing now, tape review, and there are some good resources available.
You probably already know..

The video I found was from a channel that shows a lot of high quality highlights. I use the channel often when I post mock drafts. As for the notes I found, it was from PFN who usually do a good job, and their write ups are, from what I've read, usually involving scouts as sources. Therefore, I felt comfortable using that combination to help influence my opinion, as well as my general optimism with picks.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
The video I found was from a channel that shows a lot of high quality highlights. I use the channel often when I post mock drafts. As for the notes I found, it was from PFN who usually do a good job, and their write ups are, from what I've read, usually involving scouts as sources.
You are on the right path,, and people listen to those that can back a claim with clarity.. Just ask Jaylon :D