Who Turned Heads At Thursday's Practice?

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
You and I both agree on Wright, yet you have argued with me, gone off on a tirade, and insulted me all day like some tough punk on a fan forum. LOL

If there is anything more dumb then that, I havent seen it.
haha,, you set here all day wasting your time,,, I already harvested 7 tomato plants and smoking a rack of baby back ribs... hardest thing I did today was trying to find rolling papers big enough to smoke the baby backs..

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
haha,, you set here all day wasting your time,,, I already harvested 7 tomato plants and smoking a rack of baby back ribs... hardest thing I did today was trying to find rolling papers big enough to smoke the baby backs..
Just stick a bunch of lil ones together with BBQ sauce

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
In case some are curious, here's one of the things I posted on draft night.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/nahshon-wright-nfl-draft-player-profile-oregon-state-cornerback/

Height: 6’4 1/4″
Weight: 183 pounds
Position: Cornerback
School: Oregon State
Current Year: Junior

Positives: Junior-college transfer who started the past two seasons for Oregon State. Tall, thin cornerback who flashes ball skills. Instinctive, quick to read and diagnose, and effectively times his pass defenses. Fluid flipping his hips off the line, displays solid footwork in reverse, and has a nice break to the pass.

Tracks the ball in the air, quickly closes to the action, and possesses a burst of speed. Efficient, takes proper angles, and stays with assignments. Gives effort up the field on the blitz or defending the run.

Featured | NFL Draft Prospects 2021: Pauline’s updated big board, player rankings

Negatives: Has a thin build, struggles with physical receivers, and loses out in battles. Shows a little hesitation reacting to receivers’ moves off the line.

Analysis: Wright was a consistent cornerback at Oregon State and showed progress in his game the past three seasons. He possesses size, growth potential, and enough cover skills to play at the next level, but he must improve his playing strength. He’s a Day 3 pick who could initially line up in dime packages as a rookie.

This was analysis that I found that I posted on draft night.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Refresh me please....you're the guy that's THIS large of a fan....yet is too young to recall the 90s teams, yes?

Yes. I'm not sure why I'm such a diehard fan, but yes, I'm a seriously diehard Cowboys fan despite being too young to recall the 90s teams. Heck, my fursuit is going to feature blue stars for the Cowboys. Fwiw, Fursuits are expensive. I'm having stars on the suit because it's to show my fandom for the Cowboys.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
In case some are curious, here's one of the things I posted on draft night.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/nahshon-wright-nfl-draft-player-profile-oregon-state-cornerback/

Height: 6’4 1/4″
Weight: 183 pounds
Position: Cornerback
School: Oregon State
Current Year: Junior

Positives: Junior-college transfer who started the past two seasons for Oregon State. Tall, thin cornerback who flashes ball skills. Instinctive, quick to read and diagnose, and effectively times his pass defenses. Fluid flipping his hips off the line, displays solid footwork in reverse, and has a nice break to the pass.

Tracks the ball in the air, quickly closes to the action, and possesses a burst of speed. Efficient, takes proper angles, and stays with assignments. Gives effort up the field on the blitz or defending the run.

Featured | NFL Draft Prospects 2021: Pauline’s updated big board, player rankings

Negatives: Has a thin build, struggles with physical receivers, and loses out in battles. Shows a little hesitation reacting to receivers’ moves off the line.

Analysis: Wright was a consistent cornerback at Oregon State and showed progress in his game the past three seasons. He possesses size, growth potential, and enough cover skills to play at the next level, but he must improve his playing strength. He’s a Day 3 pick who could initially line up in dime packages as a rookie.

This was analysis that I found that I posted on draft night.
And it was accurate

fivetwos

Reaction score
Refresh me please....you're the guy that's THIS large of a fan....yet is too young to recall the 90s teams, yes?
Ok yep.....you get a pass from me no matter WHAT your opinion may or may not be for the rest of time.

You can say or think whatever. Even if I disagree, I won't say it. I'm not sure how you do it, but good for you.

I can tell you that when it happens, there's nothing like it. Stay with us. The odds are in our favor even if management may not be lol.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Ok yep.....you get a pass from me no matter WHAT your opinion may or may not be for the rest of time.

You can say or think whatever. Even if I disagree, I won't say it. I'm not sure how you do it, but good for you.

I can tell you that when it happens, there's nothing like it. Stay with us. The odds are in our favor even if management may not be lol.

I appreciate that. I seriously hope my patience will be rewarded. Everyone in the furry fandom that knows me (which is a lot of furries) knows that I'm a huge Cowboys fan. That's like one of the first 3 or 4 things that furries learn about me when they first start talking about.

kumizi

Reaction score
I doubt he even cracks the rotation ahead of Diggs, Brown, Joseph, and Lewis.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Let me guess...........because he has "long arms" right? :muttley:

I just shared one of the things I found and posted. People thought I was trolling, but it was clear that I was serious that I liked him. I also posted that I saw some Richard Sherman in him based on his size and what I had been watching on YouTube. Given who our DC is, I posted that it made sense to me why we took him where we did, and thus, combining all of that, I liked the pick.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Look jack wagon, I didn’t admit anything. I questioned the pick from the beginning because I knew nothing about him. But, I didn’t bash anyone over it. Reading comprehension certainly isn’t your strong suit. Being a big-mouthed ******* is though.

So lets talk about stupid shall we?

Here is my original post in this thread that made you go of on your internet tough guy tantrum:

Most ironic part about Wright is that absolutely NO ONE liked that pick. Even the biggest homers said Wright was the ONE pick they didn't like.

The best part is you actually LIKED my comment. LOL

Then of course later on in the thread you go on to admit point blank that you WERE ACTUALLY one of the guys that didn't like the pick.

And top it off you said a whole host of complete lies and assumptions about me. Dumb is dumb and you broke the mold today.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Depends on the criticism. People who panned the Wright pick were full of themselves. They never heard of the player but somehow knew he would have been available 2-3 rounds later.

EVERYONE panned the Wright pick. Excuse me..............save for a BLIND HOMER or two that admit they will support ANY pick.

plymkr

Reaction score
There is nothing I would love more than to see Wright blow us all away and be a darn good CB our team can build with.
Definitely, we need some gems that we didn't think would contribute to be players. That will speed up the rebuilding process of the defense.

If we come out of training camp with Diggs, Joseph and Wright as starting caliber CBs, our defense has massively improved over last year. If Wright could be our Leon Lett then we made serious strides.