Who Turned Heads At Thursday's Practice?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
the picks i didnt like were the 2 off. linemen...simply because i knew nothing about them.
i liked Wright as a player.
love his size.
and his physical style.
most draft folk had him in the 5th or 6th rd.
i thought the 3rd was too early.
the reaction from some was as if we took a undraftable player...which wasn't true.
good player.
hope it pans out.
we need him.

I know........you didnt like the pick. Thought Wright was taken much too early. At least two or three rounds early.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
It wasn’t so much that I didn’t like the pick. Like I said, it was the fact that I knew nothing about him. I’m in SEC country and watch little to no west coast football, primarily because it sucks. But, I’m always willing to give a drafted player a chance and refrain from calling them a wasted pick before they ever step on the field. Again, why aren’t you employed by a team? I mean with all the football genius you possess (LOL), you should send your resume immediately. I can’t imagine one of the 32 wouldn’t scoop you up. :laugh:

So its OK to NOT like the pick if you are ignorant and clueless like you were. But if you actually do the research and dont like the pick, thats not acceptable? :lmao2::lmao2::lmao::lmao2::lmao2::lmao:

To be a scout you have to do lots of research, so you would suck at it.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
So its OK to NOT like the pick if you are ignorant and clueless like you were. But if you actually do the research and dont like the pick, thats not acceptable? :lmao2::lmao2::lmao::lmao2::lmao2::lmao:
I’m sure you knew everything about Wright. LOL. I mean, you MUST have known more than the Dallas scouts and FO. After all, you’re a football guru! :muttley:
Truth be known, you didn’t even know who the hell he was at the time.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I’m sure you knew everything about Wright. LOL. I mean, you MUST have known more than the Dallas scouts and FO. After all, you’re a football guru! :muttley:
Truth be known, you didn’t even know who the hell he was at the time.

Had no clue who he was other than he played across from Horn. Did lots of research prior and he was NOWHERE to be found on CB lists. Guys during the draft were scrambling. They glossed over that pick REAL fast.

#1 reason why no one liked the pick. AS did you. LOL

Yet here we sit, and you keep going on and on like some little cry baby with his panties soiled.

Last edited:

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Don’t even bother. He’s a Football God, don’t you know. I mean, he’s employed by an NFL tea......oh wait, he’s just a bad joke.

tenor.gif

Oh, I've got something in mind haha.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Had no clue who he was other than he played across from Horn. Did lots of research prior and he was NOWHERE to be found on CB lists. Guys during the draft were scrambling. They glossed over that pick REAL fast.

#1 reason why no one liked the pick. AS did you. LOL

Yet here we sit, and you keep going on and on like some little cry baby with his panties soiled.

Wright didn’t play across from Horn.

You’re thinking of Israel Mukuamu.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Nashon Wright was the CB we drafted with the pick the Eagles gave us in trade so they could use our 10th overall pick to draft WR DeVonta Smith. Wouldn't it be ironic if Nashon Wright became known as a DeVonta Smith killer when the Cowboys and Eagles play?

I thought it was Iowa DE Golston the Cowboys chose with the Eagles’ pick in the 3rd round.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Wright didn’t play across from Horn.

You’re thinking of Israel Mukuamu.
Well there ya go!!

Thanks for the correction.
LOL. Can’t make this up. Here I thought u were a football guru and you don’t even know where the player in question played! Classic!

And that is what makes this board fun. Pretenders, wannabes, haters, homers, know-it-all’s, know-nothings, witty, funny, sarcastic, knowledgeable, snarky, etc. We got them all here and probably have a little of all types within ourselves from time to time.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
And that is what makes this board fun. Pretenders, wannabes, haters, homers, know-it-all’s, know-nothings, witty, funny, sarcastic, knowledgeable, snarky, etc. We got them all here and probably have a little of all types within ourselves from time to time.

And we even have the types that admit they didnt like a pick either but argue with you anyway.

Noshown is basically a little known corner from a scrub school that we reached for in the 3rd round. Probably could have gotten him in the 5th or 6th round. Several other guys left on the board of much better value.

Now whether this kid turns out to be a player is anyone's guess. Personally, I dont get too excited about OTA's. Lets see what he can do when the pads come on and preseason games.

Is this the GEM pick like in Seattle? Im sure plenty of homers are thinking so. Noshown will have to prove that on the field.

Last edited:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
LOL. Can’t make this up. Here I thought u were a football guru and you don’t even know where the player in question played! Classic!

:lmao2::lmao2::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

like you knew what school he was from? ahahahahahaha!!!!!!

Just like you didnt like the pick either and decided to act like you did. As far as being a guru, you made that up because you didnt have an angle to work with. After several rounds of insults you finally caved and admitted that you didnt like the pick.

At least I can say Im not some troll that goes around arguing with people I agree with. :espn:

Last edited:

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score

To be a scout you have to do lots of research, so you would suck at it.
I would love to hear your analysis of Wright, I never have issues with the negatives on a player, just please save me the time of reading a copy paste from another actual so called expert analyst that actually is endorsed.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I would love to hear your analysis of Wright, I never have issues with the negatives on a player, just please save me the time of reading a copy paste from another actual so called expert analyst that actually is endorsed.

What is it that you want to know? My biggest issue is that he was taken too early. He is a 5th round or lower guy. Much better prospects on the board when he was picked.

Obviously length and ball skills are quality. However, I see him getting burned over the middle by smaller/shifty players. Double moves. Probably needs to be a zone outside type situation. Good piece on the DRAFT page on here that I agree with.

Does seem like a PI waiting to happen.

Do you like the pick or not? How about we start there.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
What is it that you want to know? My biggest issue is that he was taken too early. He is a 5th round or lower guy. Much better prospects on the board when he was picked.

Obviously length and ball skills are quality. However, I see him getting burned over the middle by smaller players. Probably needs to be a zone outside type situation. Good piece on the DRAFT page on here that I agree with.

Does seem like a PI waiting to happen.
Could be, but maybe and Im just saying maybe because I havent spoken with David Wells or McClay in quite some time, so maybe Quinn has, just saying that if he hasnt then he should be immediately terminated.
So what if Jerry and this FO actually put a lot of value in what Quinn wanted/needed and gave him a green light to give a lot of pre draft input in meetings with McClay and his staff on exactly the player profile type that
he needed to fast track an entire defensive rebuild.
I would imagine after post draft, and taking some time to look at the players and profiles that even the most blind fools that most of are, can at least find the association that nearly all of these draft picks share as a common trait and why you have to ask yourself was that by accident?
I dont believe so, but what do I know, Im just the average fan with internet access.
You claim to be the expert, so can you at least tell me with your vast scouting ability what that common trait is?