Who Turned Heads At Thursday's Practice?

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
OIP.kiwX_9rjbfifdqeURzrMBwHaNK

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Could be, but maybe and Im just saying maybe because I havent spoken with David Wells or McClay in quite some time, so maybe Quinn has, just saying that if he hasnt then he should be immediately terminated.
So what if Jerry and this FO actually put a lot of value in what Quinn wanted/needed and gave him a green light to give a lot of pre draft input in meetings with McClay and his staff on exactly the player profile type that
he needed to fast track an entire defensive rebuild.
I would imagine after post draft, and taking some time to look at the players and profiles that even the most blind fools that most of are, can at least find the association that nearly all of these draft picks share as a common trait and why you have to ask yourself was that by accident?
I dont believe so, but what do I know, Im just the average fan with internet access.
You claim to be the expert, so can you at least tell me with your vast scouting ability what that common trait is?

You claim to be the expert

Really, where was that?

If you like the pick then fine, give me your reasons other than "the cowboys FO liked him".

Have you even done any research?

Here is a good take on him that give us insight into why the Cowboys took him. He has the potential to excel in Quinns scheme as a zone cover 3 corner as a project:

Nahshon Wright’s best fits in the 2021 NFL Draft
Nahshon Wright is a fun player to evaluate. He has a lot of the qualities one would expect from a player with his frame, but he’s also more mobile than expected. His weight may play a hand in his mobility. Wright is noticeably undersized for his length, as Tony mentions above. While he uses his length well, he can’t always come up victorious against stronger, more physical receivers.

Luckily for Wright, his length provides a baseline trait for him to build off of, and his fluid movement skills provide him with modest scheme versatility. Wright has the instincts and reaction quickness to make plays in zone alignments, but his burst and smooth hips also give him upside in off-man situations. As mentioned above, he’ll have to get more physical in press, but on Day 3, Wright has potential.

Where can Nahshon Wright thrive?
NFL teams tend to be hesitant when investing resources in taller cornerbacks, and there’s a reason for that. Taller cornerbacks are often less fluid, and can’t always stick to receivers in coverage. However, Wright offers enough of a length-athleticism combination to earn interest.

The Oregon State cornerback has flashed in Cover 3 alignments, which would make him an especially good developmental fit for teams like the Seattle Seahawks, Las Vegas Raiders, and the Indianapolis Colts late. But other teams like the Carolina Panthers, New York Jets, and San Francisco 49ers, could also present matches.

Nahshon Wright is more of a projection than most in the NFL Draft. He has to add weight, and when he does, questions will persist about his remaining athletic capacity. Will he have the same explosiveness and fluidity? Will he still be versatile? Ultimately, with the disruption potential that his length already provides, that’s an investment that’s easy to make with a late-round pick.

Biggest issue on Wright is they reached for him way too early.

Last edited:

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

like you knew what school he was from? ahahahahahaha!!!!!!

Just like you didnt like the pick either and decided to act like you did. As far as being a guru, you made that up because you didnt have an angle to work with. After several rounds of insults you finally caved and admitted that you didnt like the pick.

At least I can say Im not some troll that goes around arguing with people I agree with. :espn:
Well, yes I did. If you go back in this little exchange we had, I said I don’t follow west coast teams, particularly the PAC 12 in this instance. You’re just embarrassing yourself now. Stop while you’re behind.

By the way, I’ve never claimed to have liked the pick and I’ve never veered from that. What I’ve been saying is that the people that do this for a living know far more than I do (and obviously you as well) and that I’m always willing to give draft picks a chance. It’s idiots like you that bash every single move the team makes that give this fanbase a bad name. You know no more than anybody else on here and probably a lot less than most. Your bravado on here is nothing more than a mask for your ignorance and insecurities.

Last edited:

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
You claim to be the expert

Really, where was that?

If you like the pick then fine, give me your reasons other than "the cowboys FO liked him".

Have you even done any research?

Here is a good take on him that give us insight into why the Cowboys took him. He has the potential to excel in Quinns scheme as a zone cover 3 corner as a project:

Nahshon Wright’s best fits in the 2021 NFL Draft
Nahshon Wright is a fun player to evaluate. He has a lot of the qualities one would expect from a player with his frame, but he’s also more mobile than expected. His weight may play a hand in his mobility. Wright is noticeably undersized for his length, as Tony mentions above. While he uses his length well, he can’t always come up victorious against stronger, more physical receivers.

Luckily for Wright, his length provides a baseline trait for him to build off of, and his fluid movement skills provide him with modest scheme versatility. Wright has the instincts and reaction quickness to make plays in zone alignments, but his burst and smooth hips also give him upside in off-man situations. As mentioned above, he’ll have to get more physical in press, but on Day 3, Wright has potential.

Where can Nahshon Wright thrive?
NFL teams tend to be hesitant when investing resources in taller cornerbacks, and there’s a reason for that. Taller cornerbacks are often less fluid, and can’t always stick to receivers in coverage. However, Wright offers enough of a length-athleticism combination to earn interest.

The Oregon State cornerback has flashed in Cover 3 alignments, which would make him an especially good developmental fit for teams like the Seattle Seahawks, Las Vegas Raiders, and the Indianapolis Colts late. But other teams like the Carolina Panthers, New York Jets, and San Francisco 49ers, could also present matches.

Nahshon Wright is more of a projection than most in the NFL Draft. He has to add weight, and when he does, questions will persist about his remaining athletic capacity. Will he have the same explosiveness and fluidity? Will he still be versatile? Ultimately, with the disruption potential that his length already provides, that’s an investment that’s easy to make with a late-round pick.

Biggest issue on Wright is they reached for him way too early.
Lol, your like a rabbit that sets its own snare and then gets caught by it.

quickccc

Reaction score
Nashon Wright shouldn't have been taken at pick No. 99, he should have been taken sooner! I'm just preparing you for what football analysts will say this fall. The 6'4 rookie cornerback has made plays during minicamp. He has caught my attention in every practice I've witnessed, good or bad. Here's the bad: during his first rookie minicamp in individual drills Wright seemed uncomfortable with basic DB drills. I'm positive it was just his nerves because since rookie camp Wright has shined. Here's the good: Wright has an excellent jam at the line of scrimmage in press coverage (Isaiah Stanback from our show, Talkin' Cowboys, gave him the nickname E. Honda). He uses his long frame well to blanket receivers in man coverage and sit on routes in zone coverage.
https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/who-turned-heads-at-thursday-s-practice

• Ezekiel Elliott came into minicamp in great shape. Is he "halter top" draft night Zeke from 2016? That might be an exaggeration, but what isn't is his short area explosiveness. In one-on-one drills with linebackers, Elliot put a B button spin move on Jaylon Smith that left Smith in his wake. In all fairness to Smith there probably aren't 20 other linebackers that would have put a finger on him, either. Elliott has caught a lot of criticism in recent years for failing to make defenders miss. Maybe he can change that this coming fall

ZKE
has never been a big miss 'em elusive guy. i don't expect anything big and new in that area but it's that high hurdle agility, short area in-out hole burst and pull away speed that i'd be most interested
in him getting back.

sorry but i've heard the " returned speed " last year too, i'll await til the games presents themselves.- i'd be interested to know what his offseason regiment program consisted of

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Well, yes I did. If you go back in this little exchange we had, I said I don’t follow west coast teams, particularly the PAC 12 in this instance. You’re just embarrassing yourself now. Stop while you’re behind.

By the way, I’ve never claimed to have liked the pick and I’ve never veered from that. What I’ve been saying is that the people that do this for a living know far more than I do (and obviously you as well) and that I’m always willing to give draft picks a chance. It’s idiots like you that bash every single move the team makes that give this fanbase a bad name. You know no more than anybody else on here and probably a lot less than most. Your bravado on here is nothing more than a mask for your ignorance and insecurities.

Your just upset that you got busted into admitting you didnt like the pick either? :flagwave:

Who said anything about not giving Wright a chance? I guess when you get upset you resort to lying? Poor guy

Bash every move? LOL

More lies!

Loved the Parsons pick, Joseph, Cox.

Ooops...........Looks like another dumb comment blows up in your face. :muttley:

Last edited:

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I see, so you can either love the draft class if it's the players you like going in or you can have no opinion on it if they don't draft those players because...well, let's face it, nobody really knows what any of them will do anyway.

Did you get your fan degree at Rockport University, by any chance?

I never said it wasn't OK to have an opinion. Acting like that opinion is worth two cents is the rub.

Like I said, I had opinions on who we should have taken, but I don't act like my opinion means anything and bad-mouth the team over the selections they make instead. That's just silly to me. It doesn't mean I love or hate the draft class. I simply wait and see.

Anyone who says Wright was a bad pick is full of themselves, because we simply don't know. To me, that should never be the approach. Pointing out where a player was expected to go, pointing out what their weaknesses are, according to draft experts, etc., is perfectly reasonable. Hating the pick is just stupid, just like saying another pick is going to be great. Top picks bust at times. Late picks surprise at times.

Like I also said, I wanted Alim McNeill. We didn't get him and I'm not crying about it because I have no idea if he'll become the player I think he'll become. Doesn't mean I don't have an opinion about it, just that I keep my opinion in perspective.

That isn't some kind of blind allegiance like you appear to want to make it out to be. If you think the only thing that matters is taking a stance on a player whether you are right or wrong, that's your prerogative. I think that's stupid.

Another way to present this: I was on the Jon'Vea Johnson bandwagon the last couple of years. I felt he had the ability to be a great UDFA find. In a pet cat thread, I expressed that he was mine. However, I didn't tear down other players in order to try to make Johnson look better and I didn't overlook the problem he had catching the ball. I didn't say that he will make the team or turn out to be great, because I had no idea if he would. I simply believed he had great potential. That's all.

Some can stick with that and be objective. Others like to put their foot in their mouth over and over again.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Your just upset that you got busted into admitting you didnt like the pick either? :flagwave:

Who said anything about not giving Wright a chance? More lies from the little runt?

Bash every move? LOL

More lies!

Loved the Parsons pick, Joseph, Cox.

Ooops...........Looks like another dumb comment blows up in your face. :muttley:

And you're the one that got proven wrong when you said, and I quote, "Absolutely nobody liked the pick"

Pikacharge.gif

Looks like you're the one with a post that blew up in your face.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I never said it wasn't OK to have an opinion. Acting like that opinion is worth two cents is the rub.

Like I said, I had opinions on who we should have taken, but I don't act like my opinion means anything and bad-mouth the team over the selections they make instead. That's just silly to me. It doesn't mean I love or hate the draft class. I simply wait and see.

Anyone who says Wright was a bad pick is full of themselves, because we simply don't know. To me, that should never be the approach. Pointing out where a player was expected to go, pointing out what their weaknesses are, according to draft experts, etc., is perfectly reasonable. Hating the pick is just stupid, just like saying another pick is going to be great. Top picks bust at times. Late picks surprise at times.

Like I also said, I wanted Alim McNeill. We didn't get him and I'm not crying about it because I have no idea if he'll become the player I think he'll become. Doesn't mean I don't have an opinion about it, just that I keep my opinion in perspective.

That isn't some kind of blind allegiance like you appear to want to make it out to be. If you think the only thing that matters is taking a stance on a player whether you are right or wrong, that's your prerogative. I think that's stupid.

Another way to present this: I was on the Jon'Vea Johnson bandwagon the last couple of years. I felt he had the ability to be a great UDFA find. In a pet cat thread, I expressed that he was mine. However, I didn't tear down other players in order to try to make Johnson look better and I didn't overlook the problem he had catching the ball. I didn't say that he will make the team or turn out to be great, because I had no idea if he would. I simply believed he had great potential. That's all.

Some can stick with that and be objective. Others like to put their foot in their mouth over and over again.

I understand now. Anyone who criticizes a pick this team makes right after the draft is full of themselves because their opinion isn't worth anything.

Unless, of course, that opinion is positive. Then by all means state your opinion. That's what this board is for.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
And you're the one that got proven wrong when you said, and I quote, "Absolutely nobody liked the pick"

Pikacharge.gif

Looks like you're the one with a post that blew up in your face.

Should I have said "Nobody but blind homers like Furboy liked the pick"? :lmao2::lmao2::flagwave:

After all you just admitted you feel great about all our drafts.

And just an FYI..................Bourbanbrain finally admitted he actually didnt like the pick either.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Should I have said "Nobody but blind homers like Furboy liked the pick"? :lmao2::lmao2::flagwave:

After all you just admitted you feel great about all our drafts.

All our draft picks this year. And I usually feel good about our draft picks. I do believe I was not a fan of the Taco pick when it happened (I was on the old site when that happened). But as far as this year's draft picks go, you betcha I like all the picks.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I understand now. Anyone who criticizes a pick this team makes right after the draft is full of themselves because their opinion isn't worth anything.

Unless, of course, that opinion is positive. Then by all means state your opinion. That's what this board is for.

Some people just need to delete their account and go join a fan club.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
All our draft picks this year. And I usually feel good about our draft picks. I do believe I was not a fan of the Taco pick when it happened (I was on the old site when that happened). But as far as this year's draft picks go, you betcha I like all the picks.

Im going to bet you loved the Taco pick too. LOL

Funny how you are trying to pull back on ONLY that one. :muttley:

You can be a homer all you want buddy, doesnt bother me.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score

Not at all, I welcome all discussion on a player always, pros and cons bring it.
Just not the I dont like a draft pick because a few websites in a pandemic season thought players should be drafted higher or lower...lol