Who was the worst starting Dallas QB of all time?

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
Steve Pelleur. The only reason why you don't see him mentioned more is because many on this board may not have been old enough to remember the mid-late 80s (lol).

We all wanted him to do well, especially after the White vs Hogeboom QB controversy/fiasco. Alas, he had some nice moments, but overall his play stunk and the Cowboys sunk.

Btw...no Steve Walsh on anyone's list? Check out his 1989 tape...then again...better not!
I saw him play, and he wasn't the worst QB to start a game for Dallas. He was better than some of the post Quincy starters, but that wasn't a very high bar.

The amazing thing is that Jimmy got something for a trade of Pelleur to the Chiefs, and of course, in ironic fashion, Pelleur's biggest win as a starter for the Chiefs was a win over the Cowboys.

Swagger

Reaction score
Signing Dak Prescott after his rookie contract. He kneecapped two Superbowl calibre rosters and didn't even reach the NFC Championship game in either year.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
I'm not sure about the worst, I've only been around so long. But the most over-hyped quarterback to ever take the field in my time was one none other than Drew Henskunk. There was a lot of hype surrounding that player, especially on this board, like cliques who would parrot the same cliches. I caught a lot of flack simply for taking that position, but time, and Henson had less than a 100 yards when he got here and just never panned out in the wake of Romo.

Sadly, he competed with Tom Brady in college and Tony Romo in the pros. So, him gaining any experience to go along with his baseball arm wasn't going to happen. Not only that, he just wasn't as good as some made him out to be. In my opinion, Jaren Hall is a better prospect. He processes quickly. The Henson one was a tough time as a fan for me, because at that time, I wanted to win at all costs and any time Henson would get in the game, he would be lucky to ever move along to his second read. So I dubbed him "One-look Willie."

Those were the times, though, man. The mods were always banning me, but pretty much all of us were full of hot air and just liked to banter. Reality facilitated the community quite a long time ago. Several people I was posting with on another site told me of "Mazevo," and the rest was history. We all booked it over here. I just read one of those guys writing about retiring. It's hasn't been time wasted, though. After a while, if you discuss the right things with the right people, and you have access to endless amounts of information at your fingertips, you might just learn a thing or two.

Last edited:

Shane612

Reaction score
Best to Worst:
1a) Troy Aikman
1b) Roger Staubach
2a) Tony Romo
2b) Danny White
3) Don Meredith
4) Craig Morton
5) Dak Prescott
6) Drew Bledsoe
7) Eddie LeBaron
8) Gary Hogeboom
9) Steve Pelluer
10) Vinny Testaverde
11) Jon Kitna
12) Randall Cunningham
13) Brad Johnson
14a) Matt Cassel
14b) Quincy Cater
14c) Ryan Leaf
14d) Chad Hutchinson

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Given his current contract, the quality of the team that he has had around him - especially the last two years in a weak conference and that a practice squad QB was able to achieve more with the same team (4-1 last season) then yes, it has to be Dak Prescott.

The team reaches the Superbowl and would have had a good chance of winning it the past two seasons with more consistent and competent QB play.

Dak Prescott is the proverbial progress stopper.
Most teams would have stuck with Rush...Jerry thinks he going to get favors from the league if he plays the race card.

Beaker42

Reaction score
Best to Worst:
1a) Troy Aikman
1b) Roger Staubach
2a) Tony Romo
2b) Danny White
3) Don Meredith
4) Craig Morton
5) Dak Prescott
6) Drew Bledsoe
7) Eddie LeBaron
8) Gary Hogeboom
9) Steve Pelluer
10) Vinny Testaverde
11) Jon Kitna
12) Randall Cunningham
13) Brad Johnson
14a) Matt Cassel
14b) Quincy Cater
14c) Ryan Leaf
14d) Chad Hutchinson
Pretty accurate

Hadenough

Reaction score
It has to Ryan Leaf followed by Chad Hutchinson, Drew Henson and Matt Cassel.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Best to Worst:
1a) Troy Aikman
1b) Roger Staubach
2a) Tony Romo
2b) Danny White
3) Don Meredith
4) Craig Morton
5) Dak Prescott
6) Drew Bledsoe
7) Eddie LeBaron
8) Gary Hogeboom
9) Steve Pelluer
10) Vinny Testaverde
11) Jon Kitna
12) Randall Cunningham
13) Brad Johnson
14a) Matt Cassel
14b) Quincy Cater
14c) Ryan Leaf
14d) Chad Hutchinson
You forgot Drew Henson

lwehlers

Reaction score
Steve Pelleur. The only reason why you don't see him mentioned more is because many on this board may not have been old enough to remember the mid-late 80s (lol).

We all wanted him to do well, especially after the White vs Hogeboom QB controversy/fiasco. Alas, he had some nice moments, but overall his play stunk and the Cowboys sunk.

Btw...no Steve Walsh on anyone's list? Check out his 1989 tape...then again...better not!
walsh was horrible but jimmy johnson was so smart he got a high draft pick from the saints for him.

kskboys

Reaction score
He wasn’t bad enough to hold his team back from making it to the postseason?
Yes, he was. D bailed them out.

Man, you guys got to expand your analyses. The erroneous stuff y'all are spouting makes you look awfully silly.

What's your next argument, that Trent Dilfer must've been a great QB?

rocknrobcowboy

Reaction score

Who was the worst starting Dallas QB of all time?

I Say Jerry Jones..He Was The Modern Day QB In The 90s At The Helm Of This Org Who Got Us Nothing in 27 Yrs..

:lmao: :popcorn:..............​

FVSTONE

Reaction score
Light hearted fun thread for low brow entertainment. My vote goes for the most obvious of low hanging fruit Quincy Carter.
DAKOTA "WENTZ 2.0" PRESCOT, way overpaid and the hype he receives in fricking mind boggling, especially for a less than average mediocre NFL QB.