Who would be happy or upset if Trey Lance lights it up in pre-season?

BoysForLife

Reaction score

Nav22

Reaction score
And yet--

https://cowboyszone.com/threads/who...ghts-it-up-in-pre-season.521193/post-13380558

You continue to reply to me, over and over. Very telling.
You're swirling around the bowl, about to go down into the sewer, and yet you're still flailing away trying to get that last emoji in before you disappear.
Remember when you implied nobody dislikes Dak because of his color, and then some idiot posted an insanely offensive pic to mock Dak RIGHT AFTER that?

Good times, Dolty. Keep humiliating yourself. Slapping you around is pretty fun.

Now go ahead and reply to this. Dance for me like I know you will. Your bottom lip's quivering.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Remember when you implied nobody dislikes Dak because of his color, and then some idiot posted an insanely offensive pic to mock Dak RIGHT AFTER that?

Good times, Dolty. Keep humiliating yourself. Slapping you around is pretty fun.

Now go ahead and reply to this. Dance for me like I know you will. Your bottom lip's quivering.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
might need a plunger for this one.
You're fighting hard to keep from going down the drain. :muttley:

Chasing6

Reaction score
If you think about it, it would line up with the process Jones used to "find" the last two franchise players. By basically doing nothing and undrafted or late rounder starters fall in your lap.
Might as well get Lance prepped since Jerry got him for a 4th round pick.
Prepped. You can not prep someone for missing the last 8 years of experience.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
I'm surprised this has gone 11 pages.

Fans are not so devoted to Dak that they would be upset with Lance lifting us to the NFCCG.

Even the ones you guys call "Dak lovers".

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Trey Lance lights it up in OTAs and pre-season. Outplays Dak and takes the starting job. Gets us to the NFCCG.
Who would be happy and who would be upset?

I'm sure a bunch of Dak fans will say its not possible, that's not the question,
Who would be happy and who would be upset?
Is this a trick question?
I want all Cowboys to play well.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
If Trey Lance miraculously comes out next year and light things up playing better than Dak we will have a QB controversy. But I think they will start Dak. And it would take a miracle for this to happen.

Lance is actually a great argument against those saying we should just cut Dak and draft a QB in the first round. Lance is a 1st round QB and he is on his second team already.

People criticizing Dak are just expecting too much out of him. He will never be Patrick Mahomes. But the Cowboys are unlikely to draft a QB in any round of the draft who is Patrick Mahomes. He is a generational player. He was also one of 3 QBs taken in the first round. The other two were Mitch Trubisky and DeSean Watson.

The next year Josh Allen was taken in the first round. Baker Mayfield and Sam Darnold were both taken before Allen. Josh Rosen was taken a few picks after Allen. FACT: Most 1st round QBs are failures - worse than Dak by far. Those who say, just get rid of Dakand draft a QB in the first round say it as though it is a guaranteed path to success, as if no other team has tried that. The Giants cut Eli Manning at the end of his career and drafted a QB in the first round. He even got a great nickname, Danny Dimes. How good are the Giants even with arguably the best RB in the league? Who would take Danny Dimes over Dak Prescott?

The choice is Dak or the abyss of not having a QB. We've been there after Aikman retired.

The problem with the Cowboys is not Dak. It is with the front office.
I agree that most 1st round QBs fail. but at some point you have to dip your toes. I have been advocating for a while, that the team should draft a QB in first 3 rounds every 3 years or so, develop and be ready and give themselves an option. if they are good, then you have option to trade or option to replace..... going cheap and swinging low in the 7th round and hoping you hit on a purdy happens once every 30 drafts. you have to invest.

StarChamber_33

Reaction score
Anyone that considers themselves to be Real Cowboys fans would be ecstatic and thrilled with that optimistically rosy prospect; However, the only way that Trey will see the field in the regular season is if Dak is injured or traded.

StarChamber_33

Reaction score
It’s not going to happen. It’s as simple as that and I gave you the reasons. The Cowboys are going to have no choice but to extend Dak to avoid a MAJOR cap hit. If they were to let him walk he’ll count $61M against the cap and around $58M if they allow him to play out the season without an extension, so they have to extend him. They’re not about to sit him when he’s likely to be making $50+M per season because Lance looked great in OTAs and preseason. If Lance were to look great and win the backup job and were to have to take over for Dak during the regular season due to injury and lights it up, they’ll likely end up trying to trade him. It would increase his trade value. The bottom line is I’ll be happy with any QB that can win us a SB. If Lance were to get the opportunity to play because of an injury to Dak and plays great, I’ll be fine riding with him as far as he can take us. I’m no Dak lover. I have no problem moving on from any QB if we find a better one.
I know it's a long shot, but if Dak agrees to a restructure instead of a long-term extension, it could shave off millions on the cap next season. But Dak isn't stupid, he knows this is an opportunity to stick it to Jerry big-time lol..

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That poll doesnt answer anything.

90% of the people on this board change their minds by week. Their opinion is not to be taken serious.
That is the very reason those polls were created. And in fact it was ENCOURAGED to post your immediate post game opinion.

To ridicule the participants for doing as instructed is _____.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
That is the very reason those polls were created. And in fact it was ENCOURAGED to post your immediate post game opinion.
where do you have that info from?

The question for the poll was very clear and well formulated. It said "Are you happy with Prescott as the QB of the Dallas Cowboys". And the answer for that is not an immediate opinion.

here is the last poll. please show me where he wrote immediate post game opinion. Or at which point we were encouraged to do so.

https://cowboyszone.com/threads/are...the-quarterback-of-the-dallas-cowboys.519937/

Last edited:

BoysForLife

Reaction score

The question for the poll was very clear and well formulated. It said "Are you happy with Prescott as the QB of the Dallas Cowboys". And the answer for that is not an immediate opinion.

here is the last poll. please show me where he wrote immediate post game opinion. Or at which point we were encouraged to do so.

https://cowboyszone.com/threads/are...the-quarterback-of-the-dallas-cowboys.519937/
It doesn't say "immediate post game opinions" but this

I will be posting polls like this after big wins an big losses to gauge how everyone is feeling about various aspects of the team.

is pretty close. Basically saying, right after the game we are posting the poll to gauge how people are feeling in the aftermath of either a good win or a bad loss.

it also says poll will be closed before next game, indicating that the feedback sought from these polls is designed to be fairly recent and tied to the most recent game.

PS that's not the last poll. Dak's approval in this poll you linked is in the high 80's
the most recent poll was a total reversal of that #, with his disapproval in the high 80's. Just for accuracy's sake. ;)

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

In that particular one admin mentions it in the 1st comment. He CLEARLY says "after each big game win or loss"....not an overall opinion.
In other polls, he clarified it even more. I will see if i can find it.