Who would be happy or upset if Trey Lance lights it up in pre-season?

GMO415

Reaction score
I don't watch college but the 49ers gave a 1st round pick for 2021,22,23 and a 3rd rounder for 22... for Lance
to just give up on him. I mean sheesh... is he that bad?
You must be cerebral to operate Shanahan's system. He probably scored poorly on the Wunderlich.

sbark

Reaction score
You must be cerebral to operate Shanahan's system. He probably scored poorly on the Wunderlich.
One would think they had pegged his aptitude in the build up to the draft move....

I figure they knew they had a deep playoff squad, and wanted to remove distractions

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
If we pay Dak 55-60M a year we're looking at another 10 years of the same.
Trey Lance is raw, he's not a bust. He's 23 with a better arm and better feet then Dak.

I'm not sure what's upstairs with Trey, SF didn't like it but it can't be worse than the storm Prescott is dealing with.
I'd take that 35M in cap savings and build the #1 defense in the league, shore up the O-line, let Trey drive the bus.
trey lance is raw. the same adjective describing 95% of the Qbs who get drafted. 94.6% of which never make it passed being an average QB. Trey lance to this point has shown nothing that he could be a good NFL QB. pretty spirals and all. I can name 100 QBs who had pretty spirals and strong arms and could throw on a rope. its not a beauty contest.

Nav22

Reaction score
Yes because anyone who criticized Quincy Carter *had* to be doing it based on his appearance.

That guy was incredible. Lacked nothing on the field. :facepalm:
You're just slow.
:laugh:

Quincy was trash, but he was certainly better than Hutchinson.

I met multiple Cowboys fans who literally told me they wanted Chad to start because of Quincy's race, only they used more colorful language than that. I also remember hearing that some fans would yell racial slurs at Quincy after interceptions.

Of course those losers were in the minority.

So you can keep your head in the sand like the slow guy that you are, or you can wake up and realize that there are some true scumbags who call themselves Cowboys fans. Your choice.

Reactions: G2

plasticman

Reaction score
What type of Cowboys fan would be upset if the 3rd team quarterback demonstrated that he could be an asset to the team by playing great in the preseason?

I thought that was the goal of developing quarterback talent.

Ring6

StarSchema
Reaction score
I'd be happy if anybody at all lit it up in the preseason. Hopefully a few do it.

Jimbo123

Reaction score
Lance needs to go play in the UFL for a few years to see if he can learn how to play QB.. He's not going to learn sitting as a 3rd string scrub team QB..

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Why would anyone be upset? I'm looking forward to seeing him play. Might be the only thing about this team thats worth looking forward to.

zerofill

Reaction score
trey lance is raw. the same adjective describing 95% of the Qbs who get drafted. 94.6% of which never make it passed being an average QB. Trey lance to this point has shown nothing that he could be a good NFL QB. pretty spirals and all. I can name 100 QBs who had pretty spirals and strong arms and could throw on a rope. its not a beauty contest.
Which makes me again ask... why would you give away 3 x #1 draft picks, and a 3rd rounder to select him at #3 in the draft to not even bother with him?
He made $28 million and played in what? 6 games? hehe

Maybe he is dumb... I mean 1st thing he did was buy a $3mil home, and had to sell it at a loss because he wasn't with the 49ers anymore.

Actually ever watched Lance play... so had to watch highlights. Looks like he can run, and place a ball... Obviously highlights look a lot better.
But he was above Sam Darnold on the roster as well, as the backup so he had trade value. They need to see what the kid has.
Stuck with Dak through next season though by the looks of it.

Last edited:

KeepinTime

Reaction score
Trey Lance lights it up in OTAs and pre-season. Outplays Dak and takes the starting job. Gets us to the NFCCG.
Who would be happy and who would be upset?

I'm sure a bunch of Dak fans will say its not possible, that's not the question,
Who would be happy and who would be upset?
I’d be ecstatic not paying a guy 60 Mil a year only to watch him choke under pressure so in the unlikely event that Lance lights it up I’d be happy. Dak has more than had his chances.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Which makes me again ask... why would you give away 3 x #1 draft picks, and a 3rd rounder to select him at #3 in the draft to not even bother with him?
He made $28 million and played in what? 6 games? hehe

Maybe he is dumb... I mean 1st thing he did was buy a $3mil home, and had to sell it at a loss because he wasn't with the 49ers anymore.

Actually ever watched Lance play... so had to watch highlights. Looks like he can run, and place a ball... Obviously highlights look a lot better.
But he was above Sam Darnold on the roster as well, as the backup so he had trade value. They need to see what the kid has.
Stuck with Dak through next season though by the looks of it.

niners realized their mistake and moved on. but the funny thing is that they had purdy,didn't know what they had. he wasn't the starter and if not for injuries probably would have ended up on PS. then because of injuries he got in and the 9ers realized we might have something here. else if not for injuries, Lance would be their starter out of necessity

we do need to see what Lance has, so he better light it up in preseason next year and take the reins from Rush and challenge Dak. if not, we have a hard hard choice as his 5th year option is $25M

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Are people serious with this Dak love bs?

No one here cares about Dak. We only care about winning games. Weird thread to me. Some really believe this?

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The coaching staff won't give Trey Lance enough snaps to "light it up" He's a backup QB so that's how he will be treated. OTAs are not QB camp. There will be no competition with Dak for Trey to shine. If you hate Dak so much that you let yourself believe that garbage then you need a dose of reality... IT AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN!.
We have had a "dose of reality" for a while now and in case you haven't noticed, it's not working.

Cmac

Reaction score
Rush threw for 8,000+ yards in HS. Trey threw for 800.

I hope some of you don't have the ability to hire people at work. Look at their work experience it speaks volumes.

Looking at where the Niners screwed up and drafted him has nothing to do with his ability to play QB. The clearly recognized the mistake and punted.

Just look at Trey Lance HS/College stats. Compare them to Purdy, Rush or even Grier
For that matter.
High School, we're talking High School, not a game, but High School?

OIP.4J4pNhKrksAkSmQvxfHjbwHaEK

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
If you think about it, it would line up with the process Jones used to "find" the last two franchise players. By basically doing nothing and undrafted or late rounder starters fall in your lap.
Might as well get Lance prepped since Jerry got him for a 4th round pick.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
You're just slow.
:laugh:

Quincy was trash, but he was certainly better than Hutchinson.

I met multiple Cowboys fans who literally told me they wanted Chad to start because of Quincy's race, only they used more colorful language than that. I also remember hearing that some fans would yell racial slurs at Quincy after interceptions.

Of course those losers were in the minority.

So you can keep your head in the sand like the slow guy that you are, or you can wake up and realize that there are some true scumbags who call themselves Cowboys fans. Your choice.
Right, because @Nav22 claims he met "multiple" (which could be as few as 2) people who allegedly used colorful slurs about Quincy Carter 20 ish years ago, that means there are a decent amount of people on this forum who are want to move on from Dak for no other reason than his pigmentation.

Got it.

Oh, and don't forget, he also "heard" that "some fans" would yell slurs at Quincy after Interceptions.
So basically, on the undocumented, anecdotal word of a recognized forum provocateur about alleged incidents involving a garbage QB from 2 decades ago, we're supposed to believe that a decent amount of the backlash against Dak in 2024 is based on nothing more than a bias against half of his DNA.

And if I don't accept that and succumb to Nav's whims, I'm "slow" and "keeping my head in the sand".

Sounds like a great closing argument in a courtroom. :laugh: