Who would we bring in if McCarthy gets fired?

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If Cowboys are 1-5 going into the bye week will McCarthy get fired & who would we bring in ? I like Vraebel...or play for Top 3 pick
No coach from the outside will come in to take over. Unless they are given a long term contract. And that is very doubtful.
A coach on the staff will be announced as interim coach. Like Zimmer or Al Harris. And those are not great choices. Though some will like Harris.

Jerry will ride out the season with MM. Jerry already saying he likes the roster as is. So he will say that about the coaches also.
Jerry riding it out to reset everything for 2025. Well it seems that way for all offseason.

TheMightyVanHalen

Reaction score
If Cowboys are 1-5 going into the bye week will McCarthy get fired & who would we bring in ? I like Vraebel...or play for Top 3 pick
He's a younger coach so I like that idea. Mike's offense along with Zim's defense and Quinn's for that matter, those systems have been figured out a long time ago.

I've always taken up for Jerry because my all-time favorite player, Michael Irvin, loves him and says he's "One of us." He's not a typical billionaire. He's not afraid to take off his coat, tie and unbutton his shirt, and walk down Bourbon Street with a drink in his hand mingling with us peons. But I've come to realize that not even Patrick MyHomie could come here and be successful like he is in KC with an owner like him. Players love him, they don't fear him. I realize that now.

I'm still a rabid fan though. And I'll always be one!

GO COWBOYS! :star:

blueblood70

Reaction score
He's a younger coach so I like that idea. Mike's offense along with Zim's defense and Quinn's for that matter, those systems have been figured out a long time ago.

I've always taken up for Jerry because my all-time favorite player, Michael Irvin, loves him and says he's "One of us." He's not a typical billionaire. He's not afraid to take off his coat, tie and unbutton his shirt, and walk down Bourbon Street with a drink in his hand mingling with us peons. But I've come to realize that not even Patrick MyHomie could come here and be successful like he is in KC with an owner like him. Players love him, they don't fear him. I realize that now.

I'm still a rabid fan though. And I'll always be one!

GO COWBOYS! :star:
Well first of all why would Mike McCarthy which he is both play collar and head coach go before Mike Zimmer I mean Mike Zimmer would be the first firing and you can elevate al Harris you can demote Mike McCarthy from play caller give it to schottenheimer and then see what happens I don't think you're getting an outside guy in here but who knows maybe Vrabel does take it early as long as he gets a guarantee that he has the job the next five years like a no firing clause for like at least the first two years lol I mean if players can put in these no trade clause and no franchise tag clause maybe there should be I can't be let go for the first two years clause LOL

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
I keep telling you all, it will be Zimmer, and that's if Jerry does fire McCarthy. I'm not so sure he does no matter how bad it gets during the season.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well first of all why would Mike McCarthy which he is both play collar and head coach go before Mike Zimmer I mean Mike Zimmer would be the first firing and you can elevate al Harris you can demote Mike McCarthy from play caller give it to schottenheimer and then see what happens I don't think you're getting an outside guy in here but who knows maybe Vrabel does take it early as long as he gets a guarantee that he has the job the next five years like a no firing clause for like at least the first two years lol I mean if players can put in these no trade clause and no franchise tag clause maybe there should be I can't be let go for the first two years clause LOL
Are you serious? He called the plays in the last press-season game and was horrendous. Trey was demoted to 3rd QB because of him IMO.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Are you serious? He called the plays in the last press-season game and was horrendous. Trey was demoted to 3rd QB because of him IMO.
I mean what are we talking about here if you allow Mike McCarthy to be fired that's two holes you can bring in rabo or somebody from the outside you still have schottenheimer you're not firing the entire staff so he's gonna end up the play caller anyway... Vrable the defensive coach he's not gonna be calling the plays..

That's what I'm saying yes anything's got to be better I'm just telling you you can't promote Mike Zimmer when he's been the biggest problem on the team I mean you can't let go of Mike McCarthy and then elevate a coach who's the worst part of the team I'm telling you at least something would be a change so I would allow schottenheimer in a real game with the real players have a shot so at least that's showing that they're trying to take away the play calling duties from party so we can concentrate on the team that's an easy save the face you fire Mike Zimmer to make a point and you elevate our hairs that's my idea I'm sorry that you don't agree but you can't do the opposite you can't get rid of our play caller and head coach and elevate the problem that is just the dumbest thing I've ever heard!!!~

if you're gonna make a big change it starts with Mike Zimmer they get it with Mike Nolan they can do it here in the middle of the season right now if this poster saying if we start at 1:00 and 5:00 which I don't think we will but if you wanna make a change that's my best offer there's no way I'm elevating Mike Zimmer I'll fire his **** right now if you really winna make a statement but if you wanna give him to the bye week that's fine but there's no way you let go of Mike McCarthy which is gonna make 2 gaps gone shot and harm is going to end up calling the place anyway I don't understand your point?

Wilson

Reaction score
I keep telling you all, it will be Zimmer, and that's if Jerry does fire McCarthy. I'm not so sure he does no matter how bad it gets during the season.
This does sound like a real possibility. So I guess the real question is, who will our defensive and offensive coordinators be?

Rayman70

Reaction score
question is, who would JERRY bring in. Knowing him, it will be Zimmer. Who would I bring in? I would turn over every stone to look. We DO need team discipline. Right now, we have none. Then the fact is, we are not very talented as advertised. My fall back would be Bill Belichick. My young guy hire would be Clint Kubiak.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Jerry should coach and run the offense. That way when he's dictating how many touches Zeke, CeeDee, whoever, gets, he only has to tell himself.

Stephen can run the defense. We'll see if his salary cap stinginess translates to a tough defense.

Did you know they played college football? Totally qualified.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Someone who will let the GM have the spotlight and control..i dont feel like i am going out on a limb here....

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
We should bring in Wade Phillips or some other scrub that's been here before, call up Rob Ryan or rex whatever his name is the one that's on ESPN the old Jets coach

BlindFaith

Reaction score
It will NOT matter. At least until Jethro is gone. And it may only get worse with Steph in charge.

Get back to me when we have a new owner. Sadly, I'll probably be sleepin with the worms by then. But I will do whatever it takes to haunt every living Jones. And Im talking Poltergeist level of carnage.

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
When he gets fired.. before the season Zim was the obvious choice. But after this garbage D, I think it needs to be Al Harris as the interim. If he's lights out, wonderful. If not, do a REAL coaching search, don't just ask jay glazier who to hire. Ben Johnson, Clint Kubiak probably my top 2 as of now.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
It will NOT matter. At least until Jethro is gone. And it may only get worse with Steph in charge.

Get back to me when we have a new owner. Sadly, I'll probably be sleepin with the worms by then. But I will do whatever it takes to haunt every living Jones. And Im talking Poltergeist level of carnage.
be the ghost of the 1993 defense asking Jerry nightly what won thos SB's....."Did you like those SB's Jerry, i hope you did!" the old fool would probably try and turn your haunting into a death star attraction though..