Who would we bring in if McCarthy gets fired?

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I wish Jerry would just name himself head coach ....... just get it over with ...... that way at least he would be humiliated for a few years.

BlindFaith

Reaction score
be the ghost of the 1993 defense asking Jerry nightly what won thos SB's....."Did you like those SB's Jerry, i hope you did!" the old fool would probably try and turn your haunting into a death star attraction though..
Hopefully Jethro is gone way before I am. Im not that old yet.

And he sold his soul to the devil. Won't be bumping into him in the afterlife. He'll be in the pits of hell getting his flesh burned off on the daily for all eternity.

So I guess we have that to look forward to.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Hopefully Jethro is gone way before I am. Im not that old yet.

And he sold his soul to the devil. Won't be bumping into him in the afterlife. He'll be in the pits of hell getting his flesh burned off on the daily for all eternity.

So I guess we have that to look forward to.
true!

conner01

Reaction score
1-5 let Al Harris run the team for the rest of the season. Or better yet let Aubrey coach the team
Actually if you fire mid season you’d never get a quality HC because most are under contract. At least the players respect Harris but it would likely be Zimmer

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
First, I don't think Jerry fires MM during the season. He will let him ride out the contract, he has to pay him either way and if we are so bad he warrants being fired, the season is toast anyway. Our only hope in all of this is that they find a coach that knows how get the team to play smart and physical. But it will likely be someone like Zimmer as the next HC.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Are you serious? He called the plays in the last press-season game and was horrendous. Trey was demoted to 3rd QB because of him IMO.
i'm serious first of all he didn't have the starters did he? Second of all if you get rid of Mike McCarthy you have no coordinator and no head coach therefore shot... would call the plays anyway.. So why not just demote Mike McCarthy's play calling back to schottenheimer fire Mike Zimmer and upgrade al Harris to defensive coordinator I think that would be the best move it would make no sense to make Mike Zimmer the biggest part of our problem this year so far is defense and elevate him you're you're promoting a guy that sucks...

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
Jerry held onto JG for how long? MM is not leaving until the end of the season and even that's a big if.
McCarthy has no years left on his contract after this year. The way things are going, there's a 0% chance Jerry extends him.

conner01

Reaction score
First, I don't think Jerry fires MM during the season. He will let him ride out the contract, he has to pay him either way and if we are so bad he warrants being fired, the season is toast anyway. Our only hope in all of this is that they find a coach that knows how get the team to play smart and physical. But it will likely be someone like Zimmer as the next HC.
As much as I hate it you are spot on. Jerry will not go after a young inovative coach