Who would we bring in if McCarthy gets fired?

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We won't bring anybody in. They'll just promote Zimmer. As interim head coach.
Avoiding all the lovely interview process.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
No coach from the outside will come in to take over. Unless they are given a long term contract. And that is very doubtful.
A coach on the staff will be announced as interim coach. Like Zimmer or Al Harris. And those are not great choices. Though some will like Harris.

Jerry will ride out the season with MM. Jerry already saying he likes the roster as is. So he will say that about the coaches also.
Jerry riding it out to reset everything for 2025. Well it seems that way for all offseason.
To be fair, Zimmer has been successful as a HC.

quickccc

Reaction score
No coach from the outside will come in to take over. Unless they are given a long term contract. And that is very doubtful.
A coach on the staff will be announced as interim coach. Like Zimmer or Al Harris. And those are not great choices. Though some will like Harris.

Jerry will ride out the season with MM. Jerry already saying he likes the roster as is. So he will say that about the coaches also.
Jerry riding it out to reset everything for 2025. Well it seems that way for all offseason.
Totally disagree that no coach from outside would come here to be HC .

It's still America team ...still sells,
still excelling in TV ratings .and merchandise sales
Still attracting sell out crowds and attendance nationwide ,at home and on the road.

Could you be harboring harsh bitter internal feelings about this cowboys organization ?

we're still every nfl teams " superbowl "game to beat.
Cowboys mania was there before Jerry arrive adwill still there when Jerry passes on.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Totally disagree that no coach from outside would come here to be HC .

It's still America team ...still sells,
still excelling in TV ratings .and merchandise sales
Still attracting sell out crowds and attendance nationwide ,at home and on the road.

Could you be harboring harsh bitter internal feelings about this cowboys organization ?

we're still every nfl teams " superbowl "game to beat.
Cowboys mania was there before Jerry arrive adwill still there when Jerry passes on.
That is not what I was saying.

Do you really think a coach would come in and only sign a deal for the rest of this season?
I don’t Think they would knowing they may not be hired. They would want a long term contract.

That was what I was getting at. Of course any coach would come here. But not just to finish the season.
I do not believe that has ever happened with any team. Always an interim from the existing staff.

exciter

Reaction score
If Cowboys are 1-5 going into the bye week will McCarthy get fired & who would we bring in ? I like Vraebel...or play for Top 3 pick
There’s a greater chance of the US being invaded by Bulgaria than Jerry firing a head coach mid season again!

NumOneQB

Reaction score
It has to be a Coach that’s strong willed enough to fight for a saying in personnel. Of course, we all know this will NEVER happen as long as Jerruh is still kicking. So it won’t matter as the long line of yes men will continue to go through here producing the same number of Super Bowls.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
If Cowboys are 1-5 going into the bye week will McCarthy get fired & who would we bring in ? I like Vraebel...or play for Top 3 pick
How long have you been following NFL football? If McCarthy is fired during the season an outsider isn’t going to be brought in. Someone on the staff will take over as the interim head coach. No team brings in an outsider when they fire their head coach during the season. You can’t just bring someone in off the streets during the season and introduce them to your players and name them the head coach. :rolleyes:

Zman5

Reaction score
218905903_1637558389772002_3884221648099485241_n.jpg

LysleE

Reaction score
I think the real question is what decent, competent coach would even want to coach in this dysfunctional organization.

And no re-tread coaches that have been sitting on the couch at home for an extended time. Dallas clearly needs an innovative offensive scheme.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I can't help but to wonder if there are any worthwhile coaches available that would want to take on this organization. This FO will be likely to destroy the effectiveness of even the most talented of coaches. Horrible management is sure to produce such an effect. It's time for Jerry & Son to face up to that sad fact, or continue to take this team to its eventual place in the cellar.

Last edited:

cowboyec

Reaction score
to finish the season...i'd give the keys to def asst al harris.
but they would tab zimmer.

after the season...i'd like to see bill belichick or mike vrable.
lincoln riley if its a college guy.

but they will probably target kellen moore.
and if that is who they would hire...i'd rather just extend mccarthy and fire the GM.

JustChip

Reaction score
They definitely aren’t at home. Well, technically they are because of the high % of season tickets, but there aren’t butts in all those seats by a long shot.