Who would we bring in if McCarthy gets fired?

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well, might as well just put a hat and whistle around Jerry's neck and throw him on the sideline to complete his Jimmy Johnson envy complex.

quickccc

Reaction score
I think the real question is what decent, competent coach would even want to coach in this dysfunctional organization.

And no re-tread coaches that have been sitting on the couch at home for an extended time. Dallas clearly needs an innovative offensive scheme.
No belichek...and no Jon gruden

We've tried the retread past.SB resume with stale offense McCarthy

We need to go the NFL trend with young hot asst coaches turn HC types
Shanahan, ..McVey, ..Dan Campbell ..Lafleur ..etc.

Plus I really want that Shanahan style offense anyway

Blackrain

Reaction score
Who cares who the next coach is because all we know is it will be some gutless retread that makes Jerry feel comfortable and above all will cater to his ego and make him feel like a football guy.

That's all that matters while Jerry is in charge his comfort and his pocketbook.

dupree89

Reaction score
Jerry should coach and run the offense. That way when he's dictating how many touches Zeke, CeeDee, whoever, gets, he only has to tell himself.

Stephen can run the defense. We'll see if his salary cap stinginess translates to a tough defense.

Did you know they played college football? Totally qualified.
this was great

jblaze2004

Reaction score
If Cowboys are 1-5 going into the bye week will McCarthy get fired & who would we bring in ? I like Vraebel...or play for Top 3 pick
Honestly I probably would let Al Harris coach the team. Lets see what he can do with a failing group. Most of the time when a cost is fired in the season someone on the staff takes over. Please don't let it be Zimmer.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
I keep telling you all, it will be Zimmer, and that's if Jerry does fire McCarthy. I'm not so sure he does no matter how bad it gets during the season.
Probably right....because we have seen how McCarthy can butcher in game decisions.

J_Allen

Reaction score
Who in their right Minds would become the head coach of the Cowboys? You get set up to fail and take the blame for it. The reason McCarthy is here is because he has no dignity and needed a job. He said that himself in his opening press conference, and even admitted lying during the interview.

You're not giving the tools to succeed. The players don't respect you, it's a losing culture, and the owner and snot-nosed son step over you on a daily basis.

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
If Cowboys are 1-5 going into the bye week will McCarthy get fired & who would we bring in ? I like Vraebel...or play for Top 3 pick
They will be 2-7 or 2-8, Fire McCarthy, promote Zimmer to interim and maybe hire him full time next year. Coach doesn't matter as the Culture is broken.

lostar2009

Reaction score
Well first of all why would Mike McCarthy which he is both play collar and head coach go before Mike Zimmer I mean Mike Zimmer would be the first firing and you can elevate al Harris you can demote Mike McCarthy from play caller give it to schottenheimer and then see what happens I don't think you're getting an outside guy in here but who knows maybe Vrabel does take it early as long as he gets a guarantee that he has the job the next five years like a no firing clause for like at least the first two years lol I mean if players can put in these no trade clause and no franchise tag clause maybe there should be I can't be let go for the first two years clause LOL
This doesn't make sense here. Everyone is pretty much gone tbh.

8FOR!3

Reaction score
Belichick still interests me as a coach, but idk if that's even on the table. The teams he coached in New England post-Tom Brady were pretty awful talent wise. So it'd be interesting to see what he still has to give with team who does have some talent.

Other than him I'd look at Shanahan tree assistants or something of the sort.

quickccc

Reaction score
That is not what I was saying.

Do you really think a coach would come in and only sign a deal for the rest of this season?
I don’t Think they would knowing they may not be hired. They would want a long term contract.

That was what I was getting at. Of course any coach would come here. But not just to finish the season.
I do not believe that has ever happened with any team. Always an interim from the existing staff.
LOL .. That does not make any sense whatsoever ..when has ANY NFL team just hire a brand new HC - from the outside - in the middle of a regular season ?

Jerry has fired one HC during the season and that was Wade Phillips - mind you that he very likely knew he already had his heir apparent HC
onboard in Jason Garrett, who he even hired as OC, ..before he hired his own HC (Wade)

DuncanIso

Reaction score
To be fair.. you did say he was successful as HC.

Dear god no.. dont wish Zim on us.. in a couple of weeks GROZ will be back in full swing.
Yes.

he has been.

very successful at Vikes.

I don’t blame the DL problems on Zim.

thats been a mess.

he will get it fixed.