Who would we bring in if McCarthy gets fired?

DAL1180

Reaction score
Hopefully Jethro is gone way before I am. Im not that old yet.

And he sold his soul to the devil. Won't be bumping into him in the afterlife. He'll be in the pits of hell getting his flesh burned off on the daily for all eternity.

So I guess we have that to look forward to.
That won't happen. HIS suffering would be having no media attention. Or watching another owner win here by hiring good people and staying out of football operations and having the media talk about how much better offcl the team is then. Utter misery for him. Lol.

Aven8

Reaction score
Why would they give Zimm the job? His D is killing us currently and obviously doesn’t have control of those guys. They look like they have quit. And if they let go of Mike who’s calling the plays? Schotty? Lol

MikeT22

Reaction score
I think the real question is what decent, competent coach would even want to coach in this dysfunctional organization.

And no re-tread coaches that have been sitting on the couch at home for an extended time. Dallas clearly needs an innovative offensive scheme.
This is just the way Jerry wants it. He doesn’t want a quality, competent high- level HC and none of them want to come here due to the dysfunction Jerry has created.
It’s perfect for JJ because then he is limited to the type of HC he wants, a neutered puppet who is just happy to get a chance or another shot and payday.

LysleE

Reaction score
This is just the way Jerry wants it. He doesn’t want a quality, competent high- level HC and none of them want to come here due to the dysfunction Jerry has created.
It’s perfect for JJ because then he is limited to the type of HC he wants, a neutered puppet who is just happy to get a chance or another shot and payday.
Precisely…

sunalsorises

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If/when McCarthy is fired the clear HC is Dak. It's why his contract took so long to negotiate and why he got so much money. He's clearly the HC in waiting on top of being the QB.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Some older coach that won a SB over a decade ago. Jerry likes the classics. Only, AFTER they've peaked.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
Any murmurings within the locker room from beat writers that defensive players might not be taking kindly to Zimmer's 'supposed' drill sergeant coaching style?

Quinn seemed like a people person. Zimmer has the 'hard nose' coach stigma attached to him.

Seems like a team that has a new defensive coordinator that is a yeller, and the defense not doing well....that times are very ripe for there to be murmurings on about players not liking a coach.

blueblood70

Reaction score
This doesn't make sense here. Everyone is pretty much gone tbh.

This doesn't make sense here. Everyone is pretty much gone tbh.
It makes sense because we're talking about an in season firing like say after the bye week if he's still failing they're asking what coaches should you let go 1st and then who would you put in their place.. In my opinion I think I have the better idea you keep Mike McCarthy you demote him as a play caller you get the play calling to schottenheimer you fire Mike Zimmer because that's the side of the ball that we're really bad at.. And who do you make interim that would be al Harris it makes total sense and no you're not firing al Harris maybe he's the next head coach here you see what they did with Mayo and Antonio Pierce and some of the others Dan Campbell I think Al Harris could be maybe a head coach in waiting maybe he would connect with these younger players better so why not give him a turn at defensive coordinator and see how he does for the rest of the year and then when you're looking at hiring a new staff maybe he's at the top of your list for your interviews which also is good for the Rooney rule...

So I'm sorry that everyone on here has really ridiculous outrageous like ideas of making Mike Zimmer the head coach if we fire Mike McCarthy why Mike Zimmer is the worst functioning part of our team right now is defense and he's the defensive coordinator so if you're gonna make a big change to wake up the team and maybe launch us into coming back in the second-half strong you fire Mike Zimmer you elevate Mike Harris and you take the damn play calling away from McCarthy and that should wake up the team enough to get through the rest of the year in my opinion...

And people have already responded This is why you don't get rid of Mike McCarthy because he's both the offensive coordinator and the head coach if you make Mike Zimmer the head coach then who's gonna be the offensive coordinator anyway that would be schottenheimer so why not just demote Mike McCarthy's play calling and give it to schottenheimer fire Mike Zimmer and then make al Harris the defensive coordinator which he probably would be anyway if Mike Zimmer is elevated makes sense to me it makes total friggin sense..

blueblood70

Reaction score
If/when McCarthy is fired the clear HC is Dak. It's why his contract took so long to negotiate and why he got so much money. He's clearly the HC in waiting on top of being the QB.
As ridiculous as that sounds and it is very ridiculous I would probably give the play calling to Prescott after the bye week I would demote Mike McCarthy as the offensive coordinator make schottenheimer the new play caller in public but I would allow some room for Prescott to do what Romo did at the end of his career and what other quarterbacks have done at the end of their careers like manning and let Prescott call his own plays because what I'm seeing is a conservative play caller afraid of making mistakes he's not using our rotation running backs correctly he's not trying to take the top off defenses everything short behind the line of scrimmage this looks like a high school offense..

I'd rather have a quarterback calling the plays and just being dumb I'd rather go pass happy and take the top off this team using Turpin, lamb, and cooks start throwing the damn ball past 10 yards

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LOL .. That does not make any sense whatsoever ..when has ANY NFL team just hire a brand new HC - from the outside - in the middle of a regular season ?

Jerry has fired one HC during the season and that was Wade Phillips - mind you that he very likely knew he already had his heir apparent HC
onboard in Jason Garrett, who he even hired as OC, ..before he hired his own HC (Wade)
That was an entirely different situation. I guess you are not, or do not want to understand what I was saying.
You are taking it as I said he would hire a new HC, when in fact I said that would not happen.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
If Cowboys are 1-5 going into the bye week will McCarthy get fired & who would we bring in ? I like Vraebel...or play for Top 3 pick
I put the blame first on Zimmer for playing a linebacker at defensive end. Parsons built his record and the opposing teams fear of him as a linebacker that ALONG with the defensive line did rush the QB often. Then he didn't have 2 and now sometimes 3 players keying just on him. When he was playing linebacker and rushing he put the offenses in situations of having to block a defensive lineman or Parsons. His sacks were up, the run defense was MUCH MUCH better, The Parsons at defensive end is a failed experiment.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Why would they give Zimm the job? His D is killing us currently and obviously doesn’t have control of those guys. They look like they have quit. And if they let go of Mike who’s calling the plays? Schotty? Lol
DAK demote MM yes make it public its Shotty and then allow Dak to change plays , NOT audibles literally like Romo use to and just call a play after looking at the reads.. why not? fire Zimmer elevate Harris, this is bye week changes im simply suggesting IF things dont change for the better. besides you have no idea if BS is good or bad wit this team and how can it be worse this looks like a HS Offense for the 2nd year in row to start the year, it wasn't until after the SF blowout that MM opened it up..why wait?

odd in game down by 2 scores or more you are calling behind the LOS plays, passes under 10 yards, and run the ball with the wrong guys up the middle for 3 yards. Where the deep routes? where the aggression? Id rather have MOORE back calling odd ball plays but at least truog to trickl a Defense..Jeez no motion no real creativity, this is sad.. when you are down the last 2 games what's the risk go WOT and let it rip but he stubbornly seems to stay with 15 plays all game no maybe the situation IE the gameplan never scrapped..ughghh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this mans job is on the line and that the best he could do, hell if im going out im going to let it al hang out, go to the bottom of that play book and bring it all out wide open 4 WR sets and lets play emplty or with Hunter as the lone back/blocker etc and lets try and get the dang ball down the friggen field..

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
If Cowboys are 1-5 going into the bye week will McCarthy get fired & who would we bring in ? I like Vraebel...or play for Top 3 pick
there is no way in hell anybody from outside the organization is going to come in and take over a 1-5 team in the middle of a season. unprecedented. so it will be somebody internal. probably zimmer.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
McCarthy will be fired before the end of the season and Zimmer will become interim HC. Jerry will want to roll with Zimm in 2025, so he can avoid having to interview young innovative minds who will make him feel antiquated and inadequate. Jerry likes retread coaches because they are so desperate and easy to mold into one of his guys.