Who would you rather have Demarco Murray or Greg Hardy?

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Who would you rather have :

Demarco Murray or Greg Hardy?

My answer is Murray , we really dropped the ball here. However I think we could have easily had both with a restructure.

This off season feels slapped together.

Murray knows a lot about that

fI9QTsx.jpg

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Would rather have Murray than a player who's facing suspension and will likely be gone after one season. The Cowboys just turned the corner with a 12-4 season and were on the brink of possibly something special in 2015 and with Murray now in Philly that could change everything. Signing Hardy who may only play part of one season with the Cowboys may have some jumping for joy but not me. You don't build great teams by letting your best players walk and signing another player to a one year deal who has issues and is facing a suspension.

EST_1986

Reaction score
Hardy without a doubt. This is a time where the perfect decision was made.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score

My answer is Murray , we really dropped the ball here. However I think we could have easily had both with a restructure.

Lol. Are you serious?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Lol. Are you serious?

I agree with him I don't see how losing Murray to Philly and signing Hardy who's facing a suspension to a one year deal makes the Cowboys a better team.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
I agree with him I don't see how losing Murray to Philly and signing Hardy who's facing a suspension to a one year deal makes the Cowboys a better team.

Ummmm, a running back who coming off a 400 carry season is not a risk? He would be the first in history if he ran for 1200 yds after carrying that many times the year prior. Do you not think McFadden and a high pick can't do that?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
If Biff and KJJ are for it the smart money is against it.

If I'm against anything the smart money is to go with me I have plenty of archived posts that will verify it. What's smart about letting your MVP from last season go and allowing them to sign with your rival you've battled for the division title with for the past 2 seasons and sign an LB to a one year deal who's facing a suspension?

JoeBoBBY

Reaction score
Murray is not worth that contract he got. He is a great player, great guy. But I aint paying him that much.....
AP? I pay AP.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
If I'm against anything the smart money is to go with me I have plenty of archived posts that will verify it. What's smart about letting your MVP from last season go and allowing them to sign with your rival you've battled for the division title with for the past 2 seasons and sign an LB to a one year deal who's facing a suspension?

I hated letting Murray walk. But RBs can be replaced easier than DEs. Hardy even though he might miss four games is still going to lift this defense way up. Lawrence showed at the end of the year to. We don't need 1800 yards to win. We do need to cut down the time QBs had to pick us apart.
We just added that piece.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

There's no doubt it would be Hardy. In order to win in the NFL you have to build the trenches first and have a better than average DE, QB, OL, DL.

Gameover

Reaction score
Murray and Hardy >>>>>>> healthy and productive Sean Lee

Lee's contract is the monkey wrench in all of this.

NeonNinja

Dash28
Reaction score
It's Hardy. You can like Murray and everything, but take the elite rusher every single time.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score

You just said it. Murray already dropped/fumbled the ball. Must have been a key situation.

SilverStarCowboy

The Actualist
Reaction score

Hardy for certain. DE impacts the game on a higher level and elite RBs are easier to come by than stand out DEs. Especially when considering availability in the FA Market and NFL Draft.

You love Murray but there are plenty of RiBs available right now.