Who would you rather have Demarco Murray or Greg Hardy?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I remember Murray dropping the ball in the 3rd quarter there when we could've put em away

Had the Cowboys scored a TD on that possession they would have been a long way from putting the Packers away there was still over a quarter and a half left.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I think people are upset that Phili of all teams signed Murray. If he went to Jax or Oak we would have just wished him good luck.

People are upset with Murray over the fumbles primarily the one vs Green Bay in the playoffs. Him signing with Philly just added more fuel to the fire that was already burning. He's been disrespected ever since the season ended and you can bet he'll be looking to prove to everyone when he faces the Cowboys next season that it wasn't just the OL that led to the great season he had in 2014.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
Now they have Murray/Mathews and potentially a great young linebacker in Alonso that improves them in my opinion. Murray's production is likely to take a tumble after an 1800 yard season but I'm sure Philly would take 1200 plus from him and another 500 from Matthews and be fine. They'll have no intention of running Murray like the Cowboys did last season. If they don't make a move for Mariota and Bradford stays healthy he may upgrade their QB position.

Wow terriffiying. A mediocre QB who blew out his knees twice. A linebacker whose blown out the same knee (stop me if you've heard this before) twice. And a pair of running backs, one who will fall off a cliff next season and the other who can't stay healthy. Btw, they lost there best WR, besides the second most talented running back in football.

Dallas still have there oline, surely another back in the draft and now they have the one thing there defense was sorely lacking....a pass rusher. Good luck Bradford...you're going to need it.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
From a character standpoint?
What, do you keep tabs on how many Humanitarian award winners we have?

Uh, having guns unlocked and spread throughout your home where anyone can get hurt. And even if there's some doubt about involvement in domestic abuse, the fact his girlfriend is a crack head speaks to his character, yes.

And I don't think we have Humanitarian winners, but we do have Jason Witten. :)

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Wow terriffiying. A mediocre QB who blew out his knees twice. A linebacker whose blown out the same knee (stop me if you've heard this before) twice. And a pair of running backs, one who will fall off a cliff next season and the other who can't stay healthy. Btw, they lost there best WR, besides the second most talented running back in football.

Dallas still have there oline, surely another back in the draft and now they have the one thing there defense was sorely lacking....a pass rusher. Good luck Bradford...you're going to need it.

Bradford has been mediocre and injury prone but most will tell you he's more talented than Nick Foles. If he can come back from his latest blowout knee and stay healthy it's possible he could flourish in Kelly's system. Under Kelly Foles had the 3rd highest passer rating in NFL history 2 years ago and Kelly was able to keep Philly in the playoff race in 2014 with Mark Sanchez as his QB for half the season. The Bradford trade doesn't make a lot of sense to many but a lot of the moves Jimmy made when he first arrived in Dallas in 89 had everyone scratching their heads. In the long run the moves he made paid off big so before we make a judgement on the moves Kelly has made we might want to let things play out first. Signing Murray and Mathews gives Philly a solid one-two punch at RB. Although Mathews has had injury issues when healthy he's been very solid. In 2013 he rushed for 1255 yards and 6 TD's and has a career rushing average of 4.4 per carry.

Philly will likely ride Murray because in Kelly's fast pace offense you can't rotate backs but they could use Mathews fresh legs for the 4th quarter as a closer. They could also rotate series with both to help keep them fresh and healthy. Trading for Alonso was risky with him coming off an ACL but if he can return to the form he showed as a rookie in Buffalo Philly will have a great LB for years to come. The Cowboys signed McFadden who has injury concerns and was a bust for the Raiders. Only Trent Richardson has averaged less per carry than McFadden the past 3 years. Do some research and see how many aging injury prone backs who've been given up on went on to have a productive season with someone else. I'm not saying McFadden won't contribute but he's not the answer at RB. Many here are saying any back could run behind the Cowboys OL and if the Cowboys believed that they would have given Randle and Dunbar half the carries last season. You don't give a back 392 carries if you feel any back could do what they're doing. Finding a back in the draft who will become a great NFL back isn't that easy.

You could end up with an Emmitt Smith or a Blair Thomas you just never know regardless where you're picking because the draft is a crap shoot. Trent Richardson was the 3rd overall pick just a few seasons ago and has been a complete flop. The Cowboys were very lucky to come up with a quality back like Murray in the 3rd round and now with him gone the team has a hole at a position that was the strongest on the roster in 2014. As for the Hardy signing he's a great player but with his off the field concerns may only keep him with the Cowboys one season. He would have to have a spectacular season for the Cowboys to even consider risking signing him to a long-term contract. One more domestic abuse charge will have him out of the league for at least a year so it's going to be difficult for the Cowboys to commit long-term to him after the 2015 season. The Cowboys aren't risking much signing him for 2015 because his one year deal is mostly incentive laced. Neither McFadden or Hardy may be around after the 2015 season these moves are for NOW not the future like the moves Philly made.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Clash-of-the-titans-Kraken.jpg