Whoever they hire at DC, they must not make major changes to the scheme

Creeper

Reaction score
Is playing Safeties at LB scheme or personnel choices? I think the decision to play Kearse the way they use him is scheme.

But I do think the scheme is not the issue as much as the players they have. Still, playing soft zones, or playing DBs 10 yards deep on 3rd and 7 has to stop. I want to play aggressive all time. If they give up a big play or two, okay, stuff happens. But I think the aggressive play will pay off more than not.

kskboys

Reaction score
*Dallas has the players upfront to play in any scheme.

*Any DC worth a crap can employ Micah, rush him off the Edge or blitz him up the middle, just let him go down hill always.

*Communication is at a premium for a guy implementing a new system and motion is about player communication, so the guys have to be smart.
No we don't. We have an undersized rotational starting at the 3 tech and an old average NT. Not sure why'd you even claim that.

Gambit

Reaction score
You mean the same place you're getting your information from unless you have a red phone that goes straight to Jerry all this is rumor just like vrabel I've seen in red in two places that vrabel is gonna be applying for the job as well but there is no proof of it... So stop using false information to invalidate my information I got from the same place from what I heard he's all about hired over there in Washington... So again I I find it ironic that you get your information from social media same place I get mine so nobody knows who's right unless you have a Direct Line to Jerry do you have a recorded phone call yeah do you have a text do you have any emails you know since you're so hooked into the star you know which one of these are real and which ones are not???

Again the last thing I read it's almost a done deal that al Harris and Whitt both go to Washington..
No the last thing you read is from Nick Harris telling you he is interviewing for the position tomorrow.

Enjoy your day knowing the truth now.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I don’t see a major changeover in personnel at least not next season. Sure maybe a depth piece or two, but not 4 new starters outside this organization by any means.

Also, Joe Whitt is still is play, has yet decided to leave. With management looking outside, that probably tells us that want someone else
at minimum four I can see 8 when that threat we were just talking about the people we could lose and free agency from our own team some of it may be role players you call it starters but there's probably gonna be 8 new faces on defense just organically.... We're talking about free agency and the draft but there's got to be guys we need to bring in to replace the ones we lose... We were just talking about this on the other page so it may not be 4 new starters but there's only 11 guys on defense but I think there's gonna be probably 8 new faces at minimum on that side of the ball you might as well make that like we did for Dan Quinn whoever becomes a defensive coordinator gets to bring some of his old guys back and draft players he thinks fit.. I mean on the whole team there's probably gonna be about a 30% turnover in players that's almost every year you do realize there's 53 players right and a lot of these role players like on defense they rotate in and out especially the defensive line and linebackers coming in and out there's more than just 11 players you're focusing on starters I'm talking about bringing in guys that will help install and teach whatever new defense might be coming in..

I prefer not to have much of the old defense come back as far as philosophy goes the nickel the dime the undersized linebackers hard to stop the run blah blah blah you can blame it on lack of talent around here but I don't you're making excuses for Dan Quinn who called nickel and dime far too often was at a position his players did not seem to be set up in a scheme to stop the run like all game in Buffalo when we heard Josh Allen come out after the game who by the way only had like 90 yards passing say that that was not the game plan but when they noticed Dan Quinn looked like he was unwilling to come out of his defense they ran the ball game and Dan Quinn decided to let them..

So, I don't know what al Harris and Joe Witt would do without their mentor here but I promise you this if it's bringing any of that back where they can't hold a lead they need a big lead they give up too many points on the first drives both in the game and out of halftime I'm really over all that...

Mr_437

Reaction score
No we don't. We have an undersized rotational starting at the 3 tech and an old average NT. Not sure why'd you even claim that.
3 Tech is fine and he can play in different schemes. Cowboys will have to sign a NT no matter what, so provided they sign a good one they'll be ok.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Personnel. NFL defense is about being multiple.

Shut Stephen down with his all DTs should have 3Tech qualities. That dummy logic got us Trysten Hill and Neville Gallimore. They won't hold a gap to save their lives.

DQ got the team to start adding competent Safeties. He also convinced them that Safeties can play Linebacker (the good Jayron Kearse, the bad Keanu Neal and Markquese Bell). Go get some LB's that way 230+, have an ounce of instincts, and will free flow to the ball.

Gap-shooting DTs and 210 LBs are the reason this team can't stop the run, especially on crucual downs.

blueblood70

Reaction score
No the last thing you read is from Nick Harris telling you he is interviewing for the position tomorrow.

Enjoy your day knowing the truth now.
You think you're truth coming from the same place until these dudes are filmed and recorded in a room during a real interview then I'm not believing anything on the Internet until we see it actually come out of who we're gonna hire anything else in between is all the same it's all rumor..... Because you don't know they're actually being interviewed in person you don't see them in the interview room you don't hear it it didn't happen.or did it LOL you really want the guy here and I'm betting there's about a 75% chance he's not here.... If this is what Jerry and Mike decided they wanted to do they wouldn't even be bringing in Rivera they wouldn't even be bringing in Zimmer they wouldn't even be hoping that vrabel somehow gets here because he's my first choice... Well at least Joe whitt does one thing he gets us past the what's it called Rooney rule..hmmm interesting.. :laugh:

kskboys

Reaction score
3 Tech is fine and he can play in different schemes. Cowboys will have to sign a NT no matter what, so provided they sign a good one they'll be ok.
No, 3 tech is far from fine. We have a backup starting.

Gambit

Reaction score
You think you're truth coming from the same place until these dudes are filmed and recorded in a room during a real interview then I'm not believing anything on the Internet until we see it actually come out of who we're gonna hire anything else in between is all the same it's all rumor..... Because you don't know they're actually being interviewed in person you don't see them in the interview room you don't hear it it didn't happen.or did it LOL you really want the guy here and I'm betting there's about a 75% chance he's not here.... If this is what Jerry and Mike decided they wanted to do they wouldn't even be bringing in Rivera they wouldn't even be bringing in Zimmer they wouldn't even be hoping that vrabel somehow gets here because he's my first choice...
Well at least Joe whitt does one thing he gets us past the what's it called Rooney rule..hmmm interesting
Wait so now he is interviewing? Which is it he's not available and not interviewing or he is just to satisfy some rule, which Rivera already satisfies. Admit you were wrong and move on
.. :laugh:
https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/candidates-expected-to-interview-for-dc-next-week

Directly from Team Website by Nick Harris staff reporter.

Keep showing you're true nature, I find it hilarious.
then I'm not believing anything on the Internet until we see it actually come out of who we're gonna hire
We are discussing an interview for the position. Stop trying to wiggle out, admit you were wrong and move on.
Because you don't know they're actually being interviewed in person you don't see them in the interview room y
Neither do you but you insisting it's not going to happen. Admit you were wrong and move on

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yea ........ lets play the same failed scheme with worse coaches .......... what could go wrong.
we're doing it with the offense, why not do it with the defense?? Half the play book is kellen moores!

Gambit

Reaction score
You mean the same place you're getting your information from unless you have a red phone that goes straight to Jerry all this is rumor just like vrabel I've seen in red in two places that vrabel is gonna be applying for the job as well but there is no proof of it... So stop using false information to invalidate my information I got from the same place from what I heard he's all about hired over there in Washington... So again I I find it ironic that you get your information from social media same place I get mine so nobody knows who's right unless you have a Direct Line to Jerry do you have a recorded phone call yeah do you have a text do you have any emails you know since you're so hooked into the star you know which one of these are real and which ones are not???

Again the last thing I read it's almost a done deal that al Harris and Whitt both go to Washington..

Here listen to Patrick "No C" Walker discuss it, he's more tied in than you, me, the rest of this board.

You're pride issues likely won't let you listen to hear though.