Video: Why Amari Cooper was so unproductive

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
Actually the weakest link is Jerry, followed by Garrett. Dak gets a pass for now because these idiots cant find the kid good coaching.

Who knows what he can really accomplish with just that.
For sure they are making it worse and I respect your point however if that was the case Romo would have sucked too.

Dallasfann

Reaction score
I couldn't make it through much just because the guy in the video shows the same play 30 times over and over and I get bored, but what I did see was Carr is just a little better at utilizing his WR's then Dak. He just checks down even when he's got no pressure and WR's running downfield wide open. Poor Cooper got traded to the only team who's QB is worse then Carr at finding his wide outs.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Lets just call it the way it is...2 THINGS HERE... Collins and Williams are major Liabilities on the oline. For different reasons. Williams needs to be benched for the betterment of him and the team. Needs to get stronger and work on his hand placement. MOVE COLLINS OVER TO HIS BEST POSITION, LEFT GUARD!! Its an easy fix. We all see it. How many more times are we going to get holding penalties on crucial plays? How many more hits does Dak have to take before we realize what has to happen up front? Here's my hope this week during practice. Hudson Houck and Columbo at very least, take Williams out and bench him.Thats addition by subtraction. I trust Hudson.

Rayman70

Reaction score
BTW... a trade we should make is Donald Penn. Would go along way to solving the oline for this year and next.

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
No, I just look at this from a realistic perspective and not with homer goggles on.

The focus of other defenses will continue to be stopping Elliott until Dak and Cooper can prove that they will make defenses pay.

I beg to differ!

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
For sure they are making it worse and I respect your point however if that was the case Romo would have sucked too.

Romo and Witten played backyard ball. And it still wasnt enough to bring home the hardware.

Romo sucked just enough under a bad coaching staff!

nathanlt

Reaction score
I still hate the price paid but hopeful he can be a factor here.

I would like nothing more than for him to drop 100+ yards and a couple TDs on Monday night and give Jim Schwartz and Philly something to worry about given their secondary kinda sucks right now.

Why'd you have to use the word "drop" with Cooper!

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Didn't watch the video but I'm guessing it has something to do with his latest x-ray?

RAhands-1024x664.jpg

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
It's not going to be any better for him in Dallas.

The hope is he can take the top off a defense.

Finding him in open in zones or anticipating him breaking out of a route is just laughable with Dak throwing the ball.

Run your 9 routes and maybe some deep crosses and clear space for Cole Beasley. That will be his job.

Curls. Lots of curls.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
WRT to people saying that Cooper is best used as a decoy: the deal with a decoy is that in order to be successful, they have to present a real threat. In 2014 Dez was demanding a double team on every snap, because if you gave him single coverage, Romo was going to throw the ball there and Dez was probably going to win it. Around 2017, teams started leaving him in single coverage and winning, and as another poster put, it was like the moment where the raptors in Jurassic Park figured out that the fence was no longer electrified.

Honestly, I predict that Coop's going to keep getting single coverage until Dak and him make defenses pay and force a double team. It's not going to work the other way around.

Hook'em#11

Reaction score
Hopefully he will be on the field for a majority of the offensive snaps. Nothing like getting your WR a catch, then , sending him off to the sideline until the his "package scheme" comes up again. Let Coop, Beasley and Gallup get the most snaps and get into a groove. Can't stand seeing a WR get a catch, then he isn't seen for another couple of plays. Establish who is your #1 and go with it.

Rayman70

Reaction score
plus WE have a Garrett problem. That needed to be solved during the bye week. Wash Rinse Repeat.

JGRXXN

Reaction score
It's not going to be any better for him in Dallas.

The hope is he can take the top off a defense.

Finding him in open in zones or anticipating him breaking out of a route is just laughable with Dak throwing the ball.

Run your 9 routes and maybe some deep crosses and clear space for Cole Beasley. That will be his job.

Here comes the Dak hater right on cue lol

aikemirv

Reaction score
Amari's value will be in pulling a safety out of the box, leaving Beasley in 1-1 or giving Zeke more holes.

Cowboys fans will never think that far ahead, and just say "durrr he doesn't have 100 yards so he sucks," but like Dez, his value is, in large part, going to be determined by what he allows other guys to do.
Exactly which made this whole mess even more stupid - just keep Dez and save your 1st!