Video: Why Amari Cooper was so unproductive

lwehlers

Reaction score
It's not going to be any better for him in Dallas.

The hope is he can take the top off a defense.

Finding him in open in zones or anticipating him breaking out of a route is just laughable with Dak throwing the ball.

Run your 9 routes and maybe some deep crosses and clear space for Cole Beasley. That will be his job.

the cowboys wasted a first round pick on decoy wide receiver who will probably get just three catches a game.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I just know I will be glad when he gets on the field, with this team, and this QB so I can evaluate.

I think I have seen enough of the clips of him looking like he is this beast that can't be controlled. I know when I have watched him personally as a Raider, he's good, but not transformative.

Enough. C'mon and prove it, kid. We kind of need it.

cwbyfn88

Reaction score

Finding him in open in zones or anticipating him breaking out of a route is just laughable with Dak throwing the ball.

Run your 9 routes and maybe some deep crosses and clear space for Cole Beasley. That will be his job.
Should have just kept Dez if that's the case. Dez drew a double team almost every game

Verdict

Reaction score
Amari's value will be in pulling a safety out of the box, leaving Beasley in 1-1 or giving Zeke more holes.

Cowboys fans will never think that far ahead, and just say "durrr he doesn't have 100 yards so he sucks," but like Dez, his value is, in large part, going to be determined by what he allows other guys to do.

Amari may do exactly what you suggest, but the suggestion that Dez was doing the same thing you suggest is laughable.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Although its difficult to understand :

Carr > Dak .

Carr has completed 1 pass 25 or more yards in the air this season. ONE!! Lol Dak isnt great, but he shouldnt be mentioned in the same ssentence as Carr.

Carr has had fantastic supporting casts and never did much with them, now his supporting cast is regressing and Carr is being exposed

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Take what you want from this video but it puts me at ease the amount of attention this guy gets and how it should hopefully help zeke and the rest of the offense.

I think the guy that makes these videos starts the evening making the video while having a few adult beverages. He then adds the audio after all the video is rendered. By that time he has had a few too many beverages.

I'm a fan of the player and some of his points are correct; however, he always says many things that just don't make any sense in regards to analyzing football plays.

He says the Safety in that one play would likely drop down to defend Zeke if it was the Cowboys offense. The problem is that it's the single-high Free Safety on that play. That would be "9 in the box" if the Free Safety drops down to defend the run. If it had been the Strong Safety or 1 of 2 deep Safeties in a cover-2, then the point might make sense, but a single-high Free Safety is not going to drop down to defend the run unless it's 4th and 1.

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
I think the guy that makes these videos starts the evening making the video while having a few adult beverages. He then adds the audio after all the video is rendered. By that time he has had a few too many beverages.

I'm a fan of the player and some of his points are correct; however, he always says many things that just don't make any sense in regards to analyzing football plays.

He says the Safety in that one play would likely drop down to defend Zeke if it was the Cowboys offense. The problem is that it's the single-high Free Safety on that play. That would be "9 in the box" if the Free Safety drops down to defend the run. If it had been the Strong Safety or 1 of 2 deep Safeties in a cover-2, then the point might make sense, but a single-high Free Safety is not going to drop down to defend the run unless it's 4th and 1.

You are reading way too much into that. Nobody even cares about that. Point is he makes more sense than not.

Most have enjoyed his breakdown.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
my take on the cooper issue is:
* the raiders are just going through the motion and nobody is really playing to win.
* the offensive line has laid down on Carr and he didn't have any time to find Cooper

Probably wrong but I think he might do okay here, we are a try hard bunch of players and maybe that will get him excited to play again.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Carr has completed 1 pass 25 or more yards in the air this season. ONE!! Lol Dak isnt great, but he shouldnt be mentioned in the same ssentence as Carr.

Carr has had fantastic supporting casts and never did much with them, now his supporting cast is regressing and Carr is being exposed

I think Gruden is screwing him more than anything. Only 1 pass beyond 25 yards all year is disgusting, and there's no way that's all on the QB. Carr's thrown 280 passes this year, he's got to have wanted to go deep more than once. Even as conservative / scared as Dak sometimes plays, he'll let a few balls rip.

my take on the cooper issue is:
* the raiders are just going through the motion and nobody is really playing to win.

Think it's a lot of this too. Gruden's basically announced that they're tanking this year, there's no incentive for the players to do anything but cash their game checks and protect their knees.

I mean, losing 34-3 to a 1-7 Niners team is just embarassing. Oakland's roster is short on talent but that's not even trying.

CrownCowboy

Reaction score

This sums up what his job will be perfectly.

Unfortunately you are right which is why I am not a big fan of the trade.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
I think Gruden is screwing him more than anything. Only 1 pass beyond 25 yards all year is disgusting, and there's no way that's all on the QB. Carr's thrown 280 passes this year, he's got to have wanted to go deep more than once. Even as conservative / scared as Dak sometimes plays, he'll let a few balls rip.

Think it's a lot of this too. Gruden's basically announced that they're tanking this year, there's no incentive for the players to do anything but cash their game checks and protect their knees.

I mean, losing 34-3 to a 1-7 Niners team is just embarassing. Oakland's roster is short on talent but that's not even trying.

No youre misunderstanding, he'd completed 1 pass over 25 yards, he's attempted many more.

But to your point, yes Gruden is not helping at all, but Carr was aboit this bad last year too.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

No not really coach.

black label

Reaction score

:hammer:

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Take what you want from this video but it puts me at ease the amount of attention this guy gets and how it should hopefully help zeke and the rest of the offense.

Ya poor Amari he's come to Dak-World to rejuvenate his career.......don't know if we should laugh or cry here.....

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score

Like Dak was when his surrounding talent regressesed?

I swear these Dak-a-zoids run right into it.

Last edited: