Video: Why Amari Cooper was so unproductive

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Exactly which made this whole mess even more stupid - just keep Dez and save your 1st!
lol, well yea, but here we are.

Cooper is a much better match for Dak than Dez though. They're not at all the same player.

Texas_Pete

Reaction score
I don't know why his production dipped, but I'll take some of this:

I never even seen Dez put PP in a blender like that. :huh:

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
Exactly which made this whole mess even more stupid - just keep Dez and save your 1st!

I'll be honest; I haven't watched film since probably 2016.

Was Dez pulling safeties out of the box in 2017?

I suspect he wasn't, but I don't know for sure.

It seems like once teams focused on Beasley, they quickly figured out that Bryant couldn't carry the offense.

Not saying everything was Dez' fault for that, but for the most part who feared Bryant anymore? His FA status tells me that no one really did.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
That video just showed why people need to take some guy on YouTube breakdowns with a grain of salt. One play, he says Coop is wide open, totally discounting that Coop is bracketed and the LB underneath is waiting for a throw. The ball doesn't teleport, the defenders have space and time to make a play on the ball. That deep pass with 3 defenders was not on Carr, that should have been a TD. Yes he had 3 defenders, but he beat all three and got behind them and should have made a catch. The problem is that Cooper gave up on the route. The DB that was trailing Cooper made the INT, if the guy trailing could make the catch, Cooper could have too.

The guy kept talking how he beat the DB and would have been an easy play without a safety over the top. Did he consider, that the DB knows he has help over the top and probably wouldn't play him the same way?

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
lol, well yea, but here we are.

Cooper is a much better match for Dak than Dez though. They're not at all the same player.

He's a better match for Dak and plus he's just plain better at this point.

I keep repeating myself, but Dez is about to turn 30 and is a guy who was all athleticism. His peak was 4 seasons ago.

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
I don't know why his production dipped, but I'll take some of this:

I never even seen Dez put PP in a blender like that. :huh:

If you dont know why his production dipped then maybe you should watch the video posted!

Or did you just click, ignore video, post "I dont know why his production dipped"!

blueblood70

Reaction score
Take what you want from this video but it puts me at ease the amount of attention this guy gets and how it should hopefully help zeke and the rest of the offense.

yup look like Carr has Dakiitis..check down dump city bam bam boom boom..lol at least we know he gets doubles a lot..it will open the offense more maybe TEs Baily, and Zeke..this will force them to choose to double Bease or Cooper this will not allow them to stack the box and dare us to throw, Dak must hit afew big ones to Amari early in games like Dez get him in it make the defense shift his way and we will see..

ive said this already, known fact this years his number are down because of Alack of targets.. HES CAUGHT 75% OF HIS TARGETS.. he seeing something similar to areal good CB, whos INT and targets go way down because they just ignore him.. D constantly doubles him the QB starts not looking that way..

jrumann59

Reaction score
Amari's value will be in pulling a safety out of the box, leaving Beasley in 1-1 or giving Zeke more holes.

Cowboys fans will never think that far ahead, and just say "durrr he doesn't have 100 yards so he sucks," but like Dez, his value is, in large part, going to be determined by what he allows other guys to do.
Rigth now the NFL does not respect the passing game of the Dallas Cowboys, yes signing Amari may garner some worry, but teams will continue stack the line and dare Dak to beat them repeatedly through the air. I am not talking completions I am talking splash plays. Until he breaks the will of defense to crowd the LOS they will do it because its a proven strategy.

Texas_Pete

Reaction score
If you dont know why his production dipped then maybe you should watch the video posted!

Or did you just click, ignore video, post "I dont know why his production dipped"!
Okay, just watched it. I was already comfortable with the trade, but even more so now. Pick your poison. Either put that safety in the box to help stop Zeke or leave that CB with no help over the top with Cooper. Especially with Beastly on the field? I foresee our offense bouncing back in a big way.

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
yup look like Carr has Dakiitis..check down dump city bam bam boom boom..lol at least we know he gets doubles a lot..it will open the offense more maybe TEs Baily, and Zeke..this will force them to choose to double Bease or Cooper this will not allow them to stack the box and dare us to throw, Dak must hit afew big ones to Amari early in games like Dez get him in it make the defense shift his way and we will see..

ive said this already, known fact this years his number are down because of Alack of targets.. HES CAUGHT 75% OF HIS TARGETS.. he seeing something similar to areal good CB, whos INT and targets go way down because they just ignore him.. D constantly doubles him the QB starts not looking that way..

I didnt realize how bad carr really was!

birdwells1

Reaction score
WRT to people saying that Cooper is best used as a decoy: the deal with a decoy is that in order to be successful, they have to present a real threat. In 2014 Dez was demanding a double team on every snap, because if you gave him single coverage, Romo was going to throw the ball there and Dez was probably going to win it. Around 2017, teams started leaving him in single coverage and winning, and as another poster put, it was like the moment where the raptors in Jurassic Park figured out that the fence was no longer electrified.

Honestly, I predict that Coop's going to keep getting single coverage until Dak and him make defenses pay and force a double team. It's not going to work the other way around.

I agree 100%, contrary to popular belief, the defense determines who's a #1 wide receiver in the NFL not the offense. If the defense thinks that leaving a cb 1 on 1 with a certain wideout is a losing battle then you probably have yourself a #1.
The other part of that equation is can the qb get that wr the football because you can have Brown, Evans and Hopkins as the wrs but if Nathan Peterman is the qb then they will all get 1on 1 coverage. This is on Dak to make the threat of he and Cooper fearful enough to assign a safety to Cooper thus freeing up Zeke and the other wrs.