Why are big contracts so hard to negotiate 2024?

fivetwos

Reaction score
Lamb deserves a deal now.

BUT….I can also see how what happens with Dak affects how they handle Lamb, and all of that is still way up in the air.

Maybe they are playing one against the other. Impossible to know. Maybe Dak is refusing to sign this close to UFA unless it’s a market setting deal which Jerry doesn’t want to give. All plausible.

Mike Irvin missed the entire 1992 camp and preseason. Wasn’t a problem.

For now CD is caught in the middle of the Jones/France/Prescott triangle.

50 big a day gonna add up though 88, and the union you belong to negotiated the possibility of being in the spot you’re in. Do the right thing, shut your mouth and show up to work. You’ll get your money eventually. Your agent can tell you about insurance policies.

Man if they can’t overachieve during the early tough part of the schedule, there are time bombs everywhere. Unless the plan is to blow it all up after this year, they really need to defuse some of them within the next month.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Oh no, they hate me with a vengeance.
I doubt that anyone hates you with a vengeance. At worst you're a minor annoyance to some/many/most.

To take this a step deeper though, You seem very proud to be the cause of spreading and creating such hatred. Wearing it as a "badge of honor" obviously indicates it is a huge part of your identity. You actively strive to be, and are proud of being, a creator of hatred and division. All the while preaching against hatred and division.

Shakespearean level entertaining, and I love you for it. (((bro hug)))

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Lamb deserves a deal now.

BUT….I can also see how what happens with Dak affects how they handle Lamb, and all of that is still way up in the air.

Maybe they are playing one against the other. Impossible to know. Maybe Dak is refusing to sign this close to UFA unless it’s a market setting deal which Jerry doesn’t want to give. All plausible.

Mike Irvin missed the entire 1992 camp and preseason. Wasn’t a problem.

For now CD is caught in the middle of the Jones/France/Prescott triangle.

50 big a day gonna add up though 88, and the union you belong to negotiated the possibility of being in the spot you’re in. Do the right thing, shut your mouth and show up to work. You’ll get your money eventually. Your agent can tell you about insurance policies.

Man if they can’t overachieve during the early tough part of the schedule, there are time bombs everywhere. Unless the plan is to blow it all up after this year, they really need to defuse some of them within the next month.
Yeah, we just don’t know what’s going on with the negotiations. Bottom line is that it’s complicated.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I doubt that anyone hates you with a vengeance. At worst you're a minor annoyance to some/many/most.

To take this a step deeper though, You seem very proud to be the cause of spreading and creating such hatred. Wearing it as a "badge of honor" obviously indicates it is a huge part of your identity. You actively strive to be, and are proud of being, a creator of hatred and division. All the while preaching against hatred and division.

Shakespearean level entertaining, and I love you for it. (((bro hug)))
Hate on bro.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Yeah, we just don’t know what’s going on with the negotiations. Bottom line is that it’s complicated.
I couldn’t know how Jerry and son are thinking, but it would make sense to me that the direction of the team would fully depend on what happens with Prescott.

Last we heard from Jerry on it, he said Dak “has to work with us,” likely meaning he expects a discount, I would suppose for not having more playoff success lately. Unfortunately that means nothing when it comes to supply vs demand.

Meanwhile Daks side made sure they couldn’t be traded or tagged and got a shorter deal last time so they could cash in again, and here they are, so why would they not hit the open market where they will get their money, almost no matter what?

But yeah in our case, right now, it’s becoming more complicated with other players when you possibly remove Prescott keeping you relevant regardless.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
What the owners earn in profits as team owners has nothing to do with the salary cap and what players get paid.
The salary cap is tied to the revenue the NFL generates. If you don’t think Jerry Jones is turning a profit, I don’t know what to tell you.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Between Top 3 - 5 highest paid contracts. Wish all our players gave a little discount, but they won't. They are set and wanting highest paid.
The Cowboys are not a team that has enjoyed playoff success in their players’ lifetime. They seem to make every star player scrape to get paid what lesser players on other teams get paid. Jerry Jones doesn’t step up for his players. Why should they step up for him by signing for less than the league says they’re worth? CeeDee is a better receiver than A J Brown. He’ll want to be paid more than Brown. It’s not like Jerry Jones doesn’t know how it works in the NFL. It is like Jerry Jones prefers a roster of hostages than a roster of volunteers.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
The Cowboys are not a team that has enjoyed playoff success in their players’ lifetime. They seem to make every star player scrape to get paid what lesser players on other teams get paid. Jerry Jones doesn’t step up for his players. Why should they step up for him by signing for less than the league says they’re worth? CeeDee is a better receiver than A J Brown. He’ll want to be paid more than Brown. It’s not like Jerry Jones doesn’t know how it works in the NFL. It is like Jerry Jones prefers a roster of hostages than a roster of volunteers.
I hear you, but being highest paid in the NFL by a handful of players only hurts the team.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
The salary cap is tied to the revenue the NFL generates. If you don’t think Jerry Jones is turning a profit, I don’t know what to tell you.
Of course Jerry is turning a profit. What's that got to do with a salary cap being in effect, which limits how much you can pay your players?