Why are Gurley/Fournette considered better than Elliott?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
He doesn't have Fournette power. He's more elusive than Fournette. Elliot isn't going to be running many guys over in the NFL. He's got excellent stop start quickness and he runs with good body lean and balance. He's not just a grinder, he can create on his own bc he is elusive.

Poor Chancellor....

DallasBlockersClub

Reaction score
I must admit as I've gotten older and work all week long the last thing I want to do on a Saturday is sit inside and watch TV, so I've definitely lost touch with what players are good/why.

This felt like the first year in a long while (probably because of the high draft pick) that I just felt completely without any opinion on individual players.

Having said that I keep reading Elliott is considered a run below these guys, it seems at least as a runner. Why is that? The more I've watched Elliott I see a smart runner with physical talent and crazy cut and go ability, but really the smart part sticks out. Of course i'm looking at 5 minutes of highlights on youtube....ha.

Just curious for this boards thoughts, for anyone that cares to share.
I'm an LSU guy, so I admit have a heavy Fournette bias. With that said, I will leave the comparisons alone and enjoy having Ezekiel Elliot as a Cowboy. He is in the position, with his level of talent, to be the most productive running back in the NFL for a long time.

Last edited:

DallasBlockersClub

Reaction score
That being said, all this talk about "football instincts" not being there with Fournette are ludicrous. Fournette is once-in-a-generation and the complete package. Size, speed, elusiveness, vision, character.

Status
Not open for further replies.