Why are our fans so scared?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Are you saying that you don't like our team? You are saying they may not make the playoffs and will not go far in the playoffs? You are saying there is no way that they would win 13 games?
I’m saying based on the Arizona game, I don’t like our chances to go deep in the playoffs. We laid down for a 2 TD underdog and proved that the following week against New England. I don’t like this team as far as going deep in the playoffs. I don’t see us winning 13 games but it’s certainly not impossible. I don’t rule anything out. It’s pretty obvious what I’m saying, but I’m sure you’ll manage to twist everything I’ve said. You claimed I said to Deuce wouldn’t make the team when I repeatedly said he would make the team. You have an agenda.

rambo2

Reaction score
I’m saying based on the Arizona game, I don’t like our chances to go deep in the playoffs. We laid down for a 2 TD underdog and proved that the following week against New England. I don’t like this team as far as going deep in the playoffs. I don’t see us winning 13 games but it’s certainly not impossible. I don’t rule anything out. It’s pretty obvious what I’m saying, but I’m sure you’ll manage to twist everything I’ve said. You claimed I said to Deuce wouldn’t make the team when I repeatedly said he would make the team. You have an agenda.
I love our team. They have a good shot of winning Sunday, getting the number 1 spot, and going deep in the playoffs. It's an awesome time to be a Cowboys fan.

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I’m expecting the Cowboys to win Sunday in SF. But if they don’t, there are 12 games left. There‘s still 75% of the season left. The best thing about a win in SF would be what it would do for the Cowboys psyche.

AND….if we win or lose in SF, it doesn’t guarantee anything in the playoffs.
Doesn't matter who wins because both team will remain a force to be reckoned with beyond this game. I understand from a psychic standpoint it matters to the Cowboys as well as maybe a higher standing in the play offs if they win. But like you state 75% more games to go. Lets do this first then move on.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Are you saying that you don't like our team?
I lost respect for this team after the Arizona game. We have a lot of self-centered players that like to talk and pick and choose when to show up and play hard. A few of the players on the defense started up the Hot Boyz crap again and it came back to bite us against Arizona. I’ve seen all 5 of the Cowboys championship teams and they didn’t lay down for anyone. To embarrass yourself against a two TD underdog is unacceptable. Even the Giants beat the Cardinals. That Cardinals game was all I needed to see to know the Cowboys don’t have what it takes to be a championship team. San Francisco beat down the Cardinals last week.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I have never seen a fan base of another team. Bash their own players to no end. And this isnt about the QB. I have seen in the threads for the upcoming game people bashing Micah.

Do you have any idea what 31 other teams would do for a Micah Parsons on their team? This is why we are called the worst fan base in sports. We dont appreciate what we have. Ever. Even when Ware was here the same people that were saying "He doesnt show up in the playoffs" are the same people who were complaining that Jerry cut him and he won with Denver.

I understand being a little worried about Sunday. However. Just as our fans like to say the Cowboys havent played anyone. Neither has San Fran. This is really the first test for BOTH teams.

Sit back, crack a cold one and enjoy the ride.
Scared? OMG...oh, yeah, I'm just shaking in my boots!

jgboys1

Reaction score
This Cowboy team should have enough to go all the way this year, barring any injures. I have learned to temper my expectations over the years when it comes to this team. I will call it, moderate enthusiasm.

rambo2

Reaction score
I lost respect for this team after the Arizona game. We have a lot of self-centered players that like to talk and pick and choose when to show up and play hard. A few of the players on the defense started up the Hot Boyz crap again and it came back to bite us against Arizona. I’ve seen all 5 of the Cowboys championship teams and they didn’t lay down for anyone. To embarrass yourself against a two TD underdog is unacceptable. Even the Giants beat the Cardinals. That Cardinals game was all I needed to see to know the Cowboys don’t have what it takes to be a championship team. San Francisco beat down the Cardinals last week.
Did you see the 1970 team lose to the Cardinals 38 to 0 at home and then go on to the Super Bowl?

starfan1

Reaction score
Its a sunday night game so theres a good chance I dont see all of it anyway but i damn sure will not be at the game thread. That has the making of a epic meltdown if everything dont go well. Heck it was a meltdown when we won by 30 just not epic

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Its a sunday night game so theres a good chance I dont see all of it anyway but i damn sure will not be at the game thread. That has the making of a epic meltdown if everything dont go well. Heck it was a meltdown when we won by 30 just not epic
Unfortunately, there is much truth in what you might expect.

InPhiltraitor

Reaction score
I get scared when my Dr. says, "Lay on your side, you're going to feel a little bit of pressure", and when my youngest starts a sentence with, "Now don't freak out...", but I don't have issues maintaining my wits when teams I support are doing something stupid.

All fan bases have more than their fair share of pissing and moaning. For example, I was on a USC forum and the posters are going nuts cuz their head coach, who has mentored 3 Heisman trophy winners, can't field a defense to stop a nosebleed. I've only ever seen one forum that doesn't permit the level of complaining that goes on on every sports forum.

rambo2

Reaction score
What would you know if they hadn't picked up the flag and gave the Cowboys 1st down on the 1 yard line with over 5 minutes to go?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Did you see the 1970 team lose to the Cardinals 38 to 0 at home and then go on to the Super Bowl?
I was too young back then, and hadn’t started following the Cowboys yet. I started following the team in 1972. The Cardinals were 6-2 and the Cowboys were 5-3 when they met up. That was a much better Cardinals team at that juncture of the season than the 0-2 Cardinals team the Cowboys faced a couple of weeks ago. That Cowboys team was able to rebound and go to the Super Bowl but they lost. I can’t recall any of their championship teams taking a beating to a bad team that was a two TD underdog.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
What would you know if they hadn't picked up the flag and gave the Cowboys 1st down on the 1 yard line with over 5 minutes to go?
With our redzone issues this season, there’s no assurances we would’ve punched it in. We’ve had first downs inside the 5 yard line and ended up having to settle for three. Even had we scored a TD we still needed another one. We completely sucked against the Cardinals. However, the 49ers had no trouble taking care of them. Everyone who’s played the Cardinals have beaten them but the Cowboys.

JustChip

Reaction score
Losing to Arizona makes some of these other matchups that much more important. It is hard to get to the SB as a wild card team.

I don't have a ton of faith in this offense putting up a ton of points if Tyron Smith is out. Bosa is a beast, I don't like him going up against Edoga all game.
Bosa will be going against Steele 85% of the time unless San Fran changes what they’ve done heretofore.

Flamma

Reaction score
I'm taking Monday off so I can stay up and watch.
Technically it's Monday for me. I work the midnight shift that starts at 10:30pm Sunday night.

Some workplaces like to look for patterns. Like, always taking off on Friday, and stuff like that. I wonder if they put together the coincidence of me being sick every time the Cowboys play on Sunday night.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Technically it's Monday for me. I work the midnight shift that starts at 10:30pm Sunday night.

Some workplaces like to look for patterns. Like, always taking off on Friday, and stuff like that. I wonder if they put together the coincidence of me being sick every time the Cowboys play on Sunday night.
Oh, my bosses all know exactly why I'm using my vacation days.

Of course, if I was using sick days, it might be a different story. Lol

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
When I was young I would obsess over Cowboys wins and losses as if it were life and death.

As I got older and actually experienced life and death, it opened my eyes as to what this really is: just a game.

Of course I want the Cowboys to win and to be successful. But let's remember to treat this for what it truly is: entertainment. Unfortunately I have seen firsthand what is truly "scary", and trust me, a potential loss to the 49ers is not it.

Status
Not open for further replies.