Why are you even here claiming your Fandom?

Discussion in 'Overtime Zone' started by blueblood70, Oct 30, 2020.

1. DCowboyz

DCowboyz Well-Known Member

1,608 Messages
    1,574 Likes Received
    Because everyone wants to go 16-0, win a SB every year, and have everything go their way. We only strive for greatness here.

2. Ring6

Ring6 StarSchema

1,090 Messages
    871 Likes Received
    I'm mostly positive I'd say. I've been watching and hoping for a chance for ring #6 for a long time now. Just a chance!

So, when it comes, when we are finally in the moment of winning a game where the next step is the NFC Championship, then all this will make it even more worth it.

3. VACowboy

VACowboy Well-Known Member

6,564 Messages
    3,347 Likes Received
    I still live in Virginia but otherwise this is me 100%.

jazzcat22 likes this.
  4. JackOfNoTrades

JackOfNoTrades sunbum

2,828 Messages
    3,724 Likes Received
    In my opinion, Goodell systematically ruined the NFL. I was fanatical for the Cowboys for 35+ years. Never missed a game during that span. It was a big part of my life. He snuffed out that enjoyment for me. There are millions of former football fans just like me.

It's been a gradual decline in my passion for the NFL over the past few years to where now the passion is all but gone.

I come to cowboyzone because it's still on my daily internet routine. I do enjoy the personalities of the many fine posters here. I really no longer post because I do not want to be a downer but this thread asked my opinion.

Maybe one day this will change, I don't know.....

5. JoeKing

JoeKing Diehard Zone Supporter

22,798 Messages
    19,477 Likes Received
    Good or bad, I'm still a Cowboys fan. It's easy to be a fan through the good times, it's these bad times where we earn our stripes. I'm not dissuaded despite all the negativity. I still look forward to watching the Cowboys play each weekend.

Pantone282C likes this.
  6. CowboyoWales

CowboyoWales Well-Known Member

962 Messages
    426 Likes Received
    It appears you're just upset with people that have a different point of view to yourself. Fans wanting defeats are still fans, but see the longer pragmatic approach of gaining draft picks.

Similarly, your position on Dak. Others have valid opinions in respect of: moving on if the deal doesnt benefit the Cowboys or even moving on regardless....ALL are valid arguments, however, you've been dismissive of opposing views which has created polarized animosity.

This fan group isnt going to just accept this shambles and HOPING something changes.

The fact that there are so many options is just indicative of the extent of the problem. ....rightly so the fan base is up in arms.

7. Ring6

Ring6 StarSchema

1,090 Messages
    871 Likes Received
    good point about Goodell. Yep. Hope to see you back every now and then though, thanks for posting!

8. Blitzen

Blitzen Well-Known Member

517 Messages
    443 Likes Received
    When the board does this (which it happens repeatedly and has happened just as bad as past times) it seems like it you have a problem with it, you should just leave the board altogether. Go find another DC forum to express yourself on that are immune to these horrible and negative posts.

When you cannot change other fans expressions or views or post totals, you should just make the best of the situation like you said before in your two option flat tire example. Create a new forum that does not allow this type of discourse. That will make you happy. If you are going to somehow alter someone's forum behavior, LOL. Carry on if this makes you feel better.

SumGuy and Buzzbait like this.
  9. Blitzen

Blitzen Well-Known Member

517 Messages
    443 Likes Received
    Guilting others does not seem to have any effect on anyone's posting habits. It's almost like this is more important for you than it is for them.

SumGuy, Buzzbait and cern like this.
  10. GimmeTheBall!

GimmeTheBall! Junior College Transfer

28,363 Messages
    10,915 Likes Received
    Someone drape a coat over Blueblood as he leaves the stage.
    GET OFF THE CROSS! WE NEED THE WOOD!!!!

5Stars likes this.
  11. GimmeTheBall!

28,363 Messages
    10,915 Likes Received
    Blueblood is Jerry's illegitimate grandson.

5Stars likes this.
  12. GimmeTheBall!

28,363 Messages
    10,915 Likes Received
    have some more farina, old-timer!

13. TexasFrog

TexasFrog Zone Supporter

7,402 Messages
    7,593 Likes Received
    I’m TexasFrog and I support this message

jwooten15 likes this.
  14. GimmeTheBall!

28,363 Messages
    10,915 Likes Received
    father Christmas is Filipino.

15. GimmeTheBall!

28,363 Messages
    10,915 Likes Received
    dear gramps: its called Word Count on me word processor.

16. blueblood70

blueblood70 Well-Known Member

15,421 Messages
    11,025 Likes Received
    Nah sorry but you guys get my point place has become toxic and im simply trying to calm people down with dose of reality.. all the kicking and creaming will change NOTHING..the ripping apart of your own team and individual players make it rediculous comments on changes you FEEL are better as if you know more then an organization that full of Football people who actually do have more of value then you all..

The trades cuts firings and other suggestions that are 100% knee jerk and unrealistic, never happening with cap restrictions and 2020 was lost more to do with Injuries then anything else..the FA class was bad but that was not the intent nor most who saw the FO at least try to make positive changes even if they failed.

They fired Garett and his Staff , hired a experienced coach , brought in bigger name FA all on defense to make an attempt to improve that side of the ball until the draft picks start taking over..

MCCoy , Hahah, Poe, Griffen, Asmith, Gregory, Woods , cannady, Worley, diggs, and others all brought back to help that defense..

No one thought that group would be bad...sure vets long in the tooth but in a rotation with Dlaw, woods, etc better then what we got ...

MCCoy , Hill, Woods, Brown, awuizie, Lee, and LVE just to name a few go to IR

Others failed to produce for whatever reason..

The OL all get hurt and playing with backups and some backups to backups, Dak goes down dalton goes down, jarwin to IR , it just snowballed and falls under “stuff happens” and move on and hope 2021 doesnt have this shortened offseason and all those injuries.. give this staff a shot at another draft, offseason, and more luck...

So they swung and missed , its happens ..

17. Pantone282C

Pantone282C Zone Supporter

6,005 Messages
    8,599 Likes Received
  18. cern

cern Well-Known Member

14,831 Messages
    20,941 Likes Received
    i prefer red winter wheat berries. with yogurt and berries. i don't want my mind to end up like yours.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2020
  19. CouchCoach

CouchCoach Moderator

26,901 Messages
    46,377 Likes Received
    Is that unicorn farting a rainbow? Now I really want one!!!!!

Pantone282C likes this.
  20. Pantone282C

Pantone282C Zone Supporter

6,005 Messages
    8,599 Likes Received
    :muttley: