Why couldn’t the vaunted Eagles defense stop the Cowboys offense?

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
1st Half

Philly up 20-17

Dak threw a pick 6 INT and Minshew threw an INT at his own 47 which eventually led to a Dallas TD

2nd Half

Philly was up 27-20 with 4:15 to go in the 3rd quarter when Minshew fumbled at his own 37 which led to a short field Dallas TD

Philly was up 34-27 with 9:59 to go in the 4th quarter when Dallas went 8 play 75 yard TD drive to tie the game at 34

Minshew threw another INT at his own 40 with 4:24 to go in the 4th quarter which led to a Dallas FG putting Dallas up 37-34

Sanders fumbled at his own 21 with 2:19 to go in the 4th quarter which led to a Dallas FG putting them up 40-34

Philly drve down the field and had 1st down at the Dallas 19 and after spiking the ball Minshew had 3 straight incompletions

So when you celebrate the Dallas offense keep in mind that 4 Philly turnovers led to 20 Dallas points in short to mid field Philly field position.......so if not for those turnovers Dallas scores 20 points so stop overinflating the Dallas offense when the Philly offense in essence gave Dallas the game via turnovers.
How do you know they wouldn't have driven the length of the field if necessary? You can't go any farther than the field position you're given.

diamonddelts

Reaction score
I think Dak flat out has the skill set we need to beat the Eagles.
I begged for him to play them the first time and posted that the game would be beyond Cooper Rush's scope and I was correct

I believe if Dak had played in the first game against the Eagles we would have swept them this year been in first place and probably be hosting a home game in the playoffs.

Dallas playing at home in the playoffs after a first round is a recipe for disaster. We know how that story ends.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Never seen more people get excited over a win that really means nothing. Both teams were already in the playoffs so resting players should be first and foremost right now. I could care less if we won or lost last week as it changes nothing.

I look at the rest of the season as pre-playoff games which is the same as pre-season games to me. Give the first team some snaps, work on some plays etc. But the main thing is to get though the game without any injuries. I could care less what the score is at the end of the game win or lose.

The prize is not who has the best record at the end of regular season, the prize is to win in the playoffs. Everyone starts them 0-0
Nothing? If we win our next two, and Philly loses their next two, we win the division.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Your post has a few flaws. First, somebody tell Avante Maddox, Josh Sweat, Fletcher Cox or Linval Joseph that Saturday nights game didn't matter. Tell them they played weaker and less aggressive. No way. Those guys were absolutely FLYING around like savages. They played very hard.
The Eagles didn't GIVE Dallas 4 turnovers. They gave them 1. Dallas TOOK the other 3. Aggressive ballhawking defenses do that. Finally, Minshew was excellent. He carved up the defense at times, moved around well and avoided sacks allnight. Just like Hurts does. Besides, Philly didn't punt once. How much better could Hurts do ? -1 punts ?
And how does anyone know Philly wouldn't have punted 3 times if not for turnovers beating them to it?

FVSTONE

Reaction score
The Eagles defense came into the game as the #1-#3 rated defense depending on what stat you chose. They had been playing lights out all year long. Even after Saturday the Eagles are #2 in yards allowed. They’re #1 in passing yards allowed. They came into this game at full strength defensively. Why couldn’t they stop the Cowboys offense? Please one of you doubters tell me why the best defense in the NFL couldn’t stop the Cowboys offense?
Injuries to key players can affect any defense, anytime. Look at the Boys, they're in the same boat.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
What does the turnovers have to do either the offense torching the Eagirls vaunted defense With 419 yards?
Turnovers sets up offenses with short fields for scoring opportunities and momentum, I believe we scored 20 points off Egirls 4 turnovers.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Our game #2 was uncomfortably close, despite Minshew's turnovers.

It'll be intriguing to see how we fare against Hurts in the next contest.

There's little question that the C'boys and Eagles are the East's best.

starfan1

Reaction score
Injuries to key players can affect any defense, anytime. Look at the Boys, they're in the same boat.
Without a doubt I do however think this defense when healthy was smoke and mirrors

the entire season the run game has been suspect and when we quit playing teams with suspect lines we stopped getting to qb and started being exposed

want to see a good defense San Fran has one

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The Eagles defense came into the game as the #1-#3 rated defense depending on what stat you chose. They had been playing lights out all year long. Even after Saturday the Eagles are #2 in yards allowed. They’re #1 in passing yards allowed. They came into this game at full strength defensively. Why couldn’t they stop the Cowboys offense? Please one of you doubters tell me why the best defense in the NFL couldn’t stop the Cowboys offense?
We have some really stupid fans

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I’m more concerned that we couldn’t stop their offense with Gardner Minshew. Granted we did at the very end when he drove Philly to the Cowboys 19 yard line, but it got pretty dicey.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You know if we're lucky we might end up playing again in Philadelphia I wouldn't be crowing too much before that game

blueblood70

Reaction score
I’m more concerned that we couldn’t stop their offense with Gardner Minshew. Granted we did at the very end when he drove Philly to the Cowboys 19 yard line, but it got pretty dicey.
at the end?? plus what was it, 4 TOS and One Barr got hit in the chest for an easy INT might have ended the game right there, which would have been another. Thats stopping an offense.in between sure, leaky..

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

That's because Dak is the QB, that's why. Was that the answer you were hoping for?

FTWayne

Reaction score
the question could be asked of both teams. why couldn't we stop a backup?

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
Well, who hasn't seen this picture before?

We have a good team with a lot of promise that shows flashes of greatness and with two games left in the regular season fans start thinking we are gonna roll through teams in the playoffs.

We haven't shown we can win deep in the playoffs in January going on 27 years so until we do not get the benefit of the doubt. Going to Philadelphia for an NFC Championship game will look a whole lot different than a regular season game.