Why Cowboys and other teams are not interviewing Bill Belichick

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Honestly watching Bilicheck on the sidelines the last couple years I just don't see the fire there anymore. Probably why nobody's interested.

Loso86

Reaction score
I guess the billionaires are all tightwads with the cash lol . It explains why the jones boys were not interested. They would have to pay 20 + 6 for mikes last year.

You get what you pay for. And Jerry who said money was no problem to win another SB, but I guess it is.

Then there is the full power thing, they would not have any say in draft, FA, etc.

The recent record is easily explained, Brady left because he knew the talent had all left, and drafting in lower rounds EVERY year adds up.

Since brady left Bill had the team with no talent and had to make do with a lower round QB. Hard for any coach to win with that.

It is a shame as it would have been interesting to see what Bill could have done with the current cowboys players.
There would not have been a rebuild, but just some adjustments.
One thing for sure cowboys would have been prepared to play games, and not just show up to play with a stupid game plan.
Our defense would take out of the game the other teams best player.
Dak would have been good enough to win, as BB won a SB when brady was just a bus driver who didnt make mistakes.

The jones boys passed up a golden opportunity, and so have the other teams.
Also bill wanted the cowboys job, so may have given in on the gm and full power thing. But jones boys saw that 20 mil tag and blew him off .
Too expensive for ol jerry lol he couldnt afford Bill is bottom line.
Let's please stop acting like this dude isn't past his prime!. It is a different generation of players now. Doubtful his old style would keep up or even be relevant to these new guys.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Because hes 71. But with the right team, hes a fit. Atlanta would have been great. They have the pieces. If hes willing to be a Defensive consultant or something like that, I'd bring him to Dallas for a year.

sunalsorises

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Money is not the issue about hiring coaches like Belichick.
Brady left because he and Belichick were not seeing eye to eye on having his personal trainer involved in every little thing. It had reached epic proportions.
The doctor who wasn't a doctor. He was also "treating" some of the other players as well. My memory is a little fuzzy but I think Julian Edelman also worked with the fake doctor and had to serve a suspension for a failed drug test for an unknown substance.

kskboys

Reaction score
Owners view Bill as yesterday's HC, oh joy the Kellen Moore's of the world have shown us nothing.

Owners that respect the mans knowledge of the game, his tenure embraces his understanding of the game, its not that complex, solid lines, and getting the ball in your RBs hands.

It's not difficult, but it is effective, Bill invest in smart OL that can run and pull, he invests very little into RBs, because he understands that you can draft a ringer in the 3rd round these days.
Not true. Bill took RB's high in the draft also. Sony Michel was a 1st rounder. Shane Vereen was a 2nd.

OL statement is 100% correct.

What Bill figured out is that you need two RB's, one that can catch and one that can get the tough yards. HR threats were not all that important at RB.

Creeper

Reaction score
I guess the billionaires are all tightwads with the cash lol . It explains why the jones boys were not interested. They would have to pay 20 + 6 for mikes last year.

You get what you pay for. And Jerry who said money was no problem to win another SB, but I guess it is.

Then there is the full power thing, they would not have any say in draft, FA, etc.

The recent record is easily explained, Brady left because he knew the talent had all left, and drafting in lower rounds EVERY year adds up.

Since brady left Bill had the team with no talent and had to make do with a lower round QB. Hard for any coach to win with that.

It is a shame as it would have been interesting to see what Bill could have done with the current cowboys players.
One thing for sure cowboys would have been prepared to play games, and not just show up to play with a stupid game plan.
Dak would have been good enough to win, as BB won a SB when brady was just a bus driver who didnt make mistakes.

Also bill wanted the cowboys job, so may have given in on the gm and full power thing. But jones boys saw that 20 mil tag and blew him off .
If I was Bill Belichick, I would be hearing how all his success was because of Brady and I would be looking for a spot where I can succeed quickly to prove that talk wrong. Like he said, he wants to go to an underperforming team. But, I would also be thinking, I don't want a meddling owner who is going to get in my way and cause me to fail. Failure again would be a big dent in Belichick's armor, especially if he takes over an established team. If Bill comes to Dallas, I am sure he would speak to Bill Parcells about it, he would have to be concerned about Jerry and his authority over personnel decisions. I don't think Bill is that worried about the money, although to a certain extent he has to command a large salary for his reputation alone. I think his main concern is the freedom to field HIS team and make them a winner. I think he can get that in a lot of places but not in Dallas.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Jerry fired Landry

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I said this during the Tom Brady years as well.

I kept telling people he did not win anything before Brady arrived and it would be the same after Brady retired.

Brady left and won a Super Bowl with the Buccaneers of all teams. Belichick's Brady-less Patriot teams got worse.

I think Belichick is a good defensive coordinator, but unless he wins a Super Bowl without Brady, Brady will always be the reason why the Patriots were so good.
I disagree.

The Patriots defense carried them to a lot of their championships.

Brady got kept in games long enough to make a play.

Even in the Super Bowl sometimes the play he had to make was go 30 yards down the field to kick a FG.

Belichick and the culture he created is the reason for nearly all their success.

The best thing Brady did was not eat up all the cap space he could.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Andy Reid had a ton of success with Philly.
There was never a chance after his departure that we would have ever landed him, but wished we could have.
Just an all time great coach.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
There was never a chance after his departure that we would have ever landed him, but wished we could have.
Just an all time great coach.
I campaigned for it on this forum but most liked Garrett better and their reasoning was Garrett liked to run the ball and Andy Reid didn’t.

blueblood70

Reaction score

I disagree explain to me how all the other openings didn't end up with Bill Belichick having a job with seven different teams plus any teams that would have fired their coach like you're asking our front office to fire a coach overpaid for a guy who's done nothing the last three seasons who bought away was also the GM and made all the decisions the cupboard was bare because of Bill Belichick I'm not saying I wouldn't have welcomed Bill Belichick in here but can we calm down with the dramatics this place is just out of control with the nonsense it spews on a daily basis as if any other team also didn't hire Bill Belichick for a reason his name is hardly even mentioned for five of the jobs and he had to go back for two plus interviews with the Falcons didn't even get that job and there's some no names some people like wild swing at names that were hired this year and Bill Belichick didn't even get a job...

So somehow Jerry Jones is being blamed for doing what the rest of the league did and not hire Bill Belichick and his own team that he brought 6 championships 2 as well as going to 9 didn't give him any credit for that and keep him around longer I mean you're saying that Jerry somehow is he making the biggest mistake ever because he won't overpay a guy who apparently nobody else wants to do also those interviews must have not went well and I also believe I bet Jerry had a conversation with bill on the phone and figured he wasn't interested enough to bother having any official interviews you act like you know what goes on at the start I guarantee Jerry Jones had a conversation with more than one head coaching candidate to replace Mike McCarthy and decided it wouldn't have been a risk worth taking whether it was money or a bad fit...

You have teams hiring guys I've never heard of or even you have the Philadelphia Eagles hiring Kellen Moore to be their offensive coordinator something everyone around here blame Jerry for even having this guy here and you have the chargers did it as well maybe you ought to get the grip with actually what actually goes on with NFL teams all the other ownership and the league this is par for the course not every big name whether it be a player or coach fits your team..

It's crazy I left for a week went snowboarding went on vacation come back it's the same nonsense the same dribble pouring out of people's mouths as if they could do a better job you know when you get your $10 billion go prove it let us know when you get that team how we can follow you and scrutinize you to death and tell you when it's time to retire or do better and actually put a microscope on you when you're working....

The craziness gets worse here every year I realize we want more but you are not professionals in any way shape or form in the NFL or any other league for that matter and I don't care what your resume says you're good at you don't not know how to run a team in hindsight you only need to make decisions on what like fantasy football and Madden that you could build a fantasy team yeah most people can do that but in the real world coaching and playing and being part of a ownership group is much harder than you think...

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Belichick is too old. He’s had three losing seasons the past four years and is coming off his worst season in 34 years as a head coach. Doesn’t appear anyone is interested. In 34 years he only had three winning seasons without Tom Brady.