Video: Why Dak is the most accurate. NFL Network

BlindFaith

Reaction score
Thanks for posting this, so now my question is this. Should Dak stats as a starter be compared to guys like Foles, Hundley, Brissett, who are backups to begin with (and guys who Dak as a starter should be better than), if you take those guys out of the equation, then Dak certainly is not in the top half of the league, he doesn't miss it by much but he does miss it, i'm quite sure he was much higher ranked in 2016 (with the same recievers by the way) as in 2017
Or how about we compare him to other first or second year players?

Or compare him to other starting QB's making 400,000 a year.

Or compare him to Cousins who is making 24 mill a year.

Or other previously anointed guys like Carr and Newton.

Or even a guy like Goff, who was a first round pick.

The worst thing to happen to Dak is that he played at a pro bowl level as a rookie and helped lead the team to the playoffs.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Thanks for posting this, so now my question is this. Should Dak stats as a starter be compared to guys like Foles, Hundley, Brissett, who are backups to begin with (and guys who Dak as a starter should be better than), if you take those guys out of the equation, then Dak certainly is not in the top half of the league, he doesn't miss it by much but he does miss it, i'm quite sure he was much higher ranked in 2016 (with the same recievers by the way) as in 2017

There are some pretty good QB’s on that list who are either right near, or below Dak.

QB’s who have been to Super Bowls or who have had MVP caliber seasons.

So maybe, just maybe, football is a team sport and a players success can fluctuate based on the play around them. Which I believe is the point Hennessy was making.

I mean look at some of the names within a few points of Dak or below him.

Jared Goff- #1 overall pick
James is Winston- 1 pick.
Matt stafford and Marcus mariota.

Cam newton- former league MVP.
Derek care- former mvp candidate

Etc etc.

Even nick Foles who won a Super Bowl MVP. (You don’t think coaching or supporting cast had anything to do with helping that?)

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
I'm not saying that they are open. I'm saying Dak tends to lock on to to those 2 guys and decides to make those throws. Witten in particular has really good hands and catches everything in his vicinity. But go look at the video this guy is using to prove his point. Wide open Rod Smith crossing under the middle and Dak chooses to throw to Witten with a LB draped on him. Play results in a TD but it was not the smart throw.

First off passing plays have what is believed to be the primary target, then secondary and so on. That is part of the "read" a QB makes starting with the primary receiver then the secondary, etc. So you're whining because of time and having to get rid of the ball that there were a couple of occasions that the 4th receiver, Smith, didn't get looked at or thrown to. What you're doing is just showing dislike for Prescott because this video show things that doesn't support your image of Prescott. As was said in the video the Cowboys don't have receivers that are able to get more seperation.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
The play I mention was simply to make the point that Dak tends toward the more dificult throws. So what if thats his primary target? Thats got nothing to do with anything. You throw to the open guy. Witten was not open and Dak made a low % play and got lucky.

You act like Prescott has unlimited time to go through every option before throwing, especially the play you chose where it was a RPO and Prescott had limited time and distance before he was beyond the line of scrimmage. You're crying because the video isn't bashing Prescott like you want to.

HungryLion

Reaction score
First off passing plays have what is believed to be the primary target, then secondary and so on. That is part of the "read" a QB makes starting with the primary receiver then the secondary, etc. So you're whining because of time and having to get rid of the ball that there were a couple of occasions that the 4th receiver, Smith, didn't get looked at or thrown to. What you're doing is just showing dislike for Prescott because this video show things that doesn't support your image of Prescott. As was said in the video the Cowboys don't have receivers that are able to get more seperation.

Bingo

DanA

Reaction score
I think there is some truth to the idea that Dak doesn’t always see the whole field and has some accuracy issues. On the flip side he’s a great ball handler and makes good decisions on what he does see.

He’s great selling the hand off and play action and rarely throws to a guy that isn’t open but I see him fixate on 1-2 guys too often missing a lot of open guys that a QB like Rodgers wouldn’t, and he does not always put the ball where it needs to be....right throw, but poorly placed.

He’s a work in progress but IMO has the tools. Most of his problems I think are to do with reading the field and finesse throws. Two things that take time IMO.

HungryLion

Reaction score
I think there is some truth to the idea that Dak doesn’t always see the whole field and has some accuracy issues. On the flip side he’s a great ball handler and makes good decisions on what he does see.

He’s great selling the hand off and play action and rarely throws to a guy that isn’t open but I see him fixate on 1-2 guys too often missing a lot of open guys that a QB like Rodgers wouldn’t, and he does not always put the ball where it needs to be....right throw, but poorly placed.

He’s a work in progress but IMO has the tools. Most of his problems I think are to do with reading the field and finesse throws. Two things that take time IMO.

This is true.

He does miss receivers and doesn’t always go through his progressions at the speed he should. Very common for a second year QB.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
All we need is GP cowpolk for the trolling to be complete.
Your a troll bud giving it your best to convince us that we have a Franchise QB under center.
Man we have eyes.....never forget that....Hike Hike....

P.S. Ask Dak if he can break his 15 Quarters without 1 TD record....he just might before he hits the bench!

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Your a troll bud giving it your best to convince us that we have a Franchise QB under center.
Man we have eyes.....never forget that....Hike Hike....

P.S. Ask Dak if he can break his 15 Quarters without 1 TD record....he just might before he hits the bench!
Romo is gone. He will never be in the hall of fame and was never considered an elite QB. Enjoy beating your meat to his voice in the booth.

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ok....but who compared them?
Staubach, Aikman, Meredith, you know when we had QB who could throw a pass ACCURATELY over 20 yards and when pressured found a way to move the ball not simply fumble it or get sacked or both......lol

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Romo is gone. He will never be in the hall of fame and was never considered an elite QB. Enjoy beating your meat to his voice in the booth.

Romo huh?

He's retired right?

Wanna bring up Aikman also ?

Man you Dak-bots simply amazing ......:huh:

Keithfansince5

Reaction score
The play I mention was simply to make the point that Dak tends toward the more dificult throws. So what if thats his primary target? Thats got nothing to do with anything. You throw to the open guy. Witten was not open and Dak made a low % play and got lucky.
That play Witten was pretty open. I wouldn't use that play to make an argument. Yes the RB was more open but a throw to Witten there is OK. Dak however is not an accurate passer. This stat is showing who throws more to tight windows and Dak apparently leads in that category. He didn't look good throwing at targets against David Carr after the SB. Carr on the other hand easily hit his targets.

Last edited: