Video: Why Dak is the most accurate. NFL Network

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
The oline was actually I think top 5 in Pressure %. If every analyst/football "expert" is stating the wr's had a bad year, why cant you believe it. There was a post in the other dez thread that showed Dez was in the bottom 10% in route success. Watching the games after zeke and tyron were out, the coaches hung dak out to dry with no change in the gameplan. He's already proven you wrong by winning rookie of the year and setting almost every rookie record out there in 16. First 8 games of 17 looked exactly the same. Kid can play at a high level if you can't see that, I don't know what to tell you.

Does he need to improve absolutely. But remember it was only his 2nd season. We will know what he is by the end of his rookie deal. And if we need to move on from him or not.
Every WR on the team had a bad (down year) at the same time? C'mon it's not possible without some of that being on the QB. Think about it, all our WR had bad years at the same time? You know better than that

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Every WR on the team had a bad (down year) at the same time? C'mon it's not possible without some of that being on the QB. Think about it, all our WR had bad years at the same time? You know better than that
Yeh Dez was trash last season in his routes. Why do you think we are even thinking of targeting a WR in round 1, because they were all great last year. Lol.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
You must have missed those games where our left tackle had the worst grade ever given out to a player according to ProFootballFocus.

And you must have missed the other 14 games where he played. And the game that Bell started he at least played speed bump. Dak's inability to get the ball out quickly at all even if to just throw it away was telling. He generates his own pressure with his poor ability to read the field.

Then of course the WR corps was healthy all year.

And PFF grades are just about worthless.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
Yeh Dez was trash last season in his routes. Why do you think we are even thinking of targeting a WR in round 1, because they were all great last year. Lol.
Yes i agree with you about Dez now explain every other reciever on the team having a down year at the same time? Without some of it being on Dak;'s shoulders, you can't because it's impossible

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Actually the Cowboys were ranked 26th in the NFL in passing at 196 yards per game. WE were 2nd in rushing in the NFL at 135 yards per game. Jacksonville and Philly were 1st and 3rd respectfully in rushing they were ranked and were ranked 13th (Philly 237 YPG) and 17th (Jacksonville 227 YPG) in passing

This is NOT franchise QB numbers! And most of those rec yards were dink and dunk passes.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
You must have missed those games where our left tackle had the worst grade ever given out to a player according to ProFootballFocus.
That was one game (Atlanta) and a QB better at making adjustments and seeing where the rush was coming from at the LOS would have added a TE on the left side to help Green in that game. Did you see Dak doing that at all in that game? I didn't

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
And you must have missed the other 14 games where he played. And the game that Bell started he at least played speed bump. Dak's inability to get the ball out quickly at all even if to just throw it away was telling. He generates his own pressure with his poor ability to read the field.

Then of course the WR corps was healthy all year.

And PFF grades are just about worthless.
PFF grades are pretty spot on. I mean you can at least get an idea if a player is playing at an elite lvl, good, avg, below avg, or poor. The fact that our highest graded wr was dez at 51st overall is pretty telling. When your offense is predictable, the wr's don't get open, and oline has a down year it's going to be ugly. I personally blame coaching for the offensive disaster after zeke's suspension. Not so much the QB considering the first 8 games our offense was fine. Stop being emotional and think, do I take 24 games as a sample size or 8 games.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
That was one game (Atlanta) and a QB better at making adjustments and seeing where the rush was coming from at the LOS would have added a TE on the left side to help Green in that game. Did you see Dak doing that at all in that game? I didn't
They do not have him making those calls. Blame linehan and garrett.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
PFF grades are pretty spot on. I mean you can at least get an idea if a player is playing at an elite lvl, good, avg, below avg, or poor. The fact that our highest graded wr was dez at 51st overall is pretty telling. When your offense is predictable, the wr's don't get open, and oline has a down year it's going to be ugly. I personally blame coaching for the offensive disaster after zeke's suspension. Not so much the QB considering the first 8 games our offense was fine. Stop being emotional and think, do I take 24 games as a sample size or 8 games.

So tell me, where did PFF rank Dak (the guy who actually throws the ball to those recievers) for the season? Then tell me he had no part in our recievers all having down years at the same time

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score

If by spot on you mean a hodge-podge of a random number of people's opinions put into an arbitrary numerical form with no analog in reality then I agree with you.

And of course you blame the coaches because there is a huge blind spot where we don't know what is going on with what they do in their work so it's easy to point the finger at the nebulous unknown as opposed to the QB consistently late on throws, placing balls downfield poorly, missing open receivers, and surveying only half the field.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
They do not have him making those calls. Blame linehan and garrett.

So he was getting killed out there and went to the bench and said help me and his coaches said NO, keep taking the beating. Dak is allowed to make reads at the LOS and is allowed to set protections

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
So tell me, where did PFF rank Dak (the guy who actually throws the ball to those recievers) for the season? Then tell me he had no part in our recievers all having down years at the same time
He posted a slightly above average rating at 80.5 which ranked him 17th.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
So he was getting killed out there and went to the bench and said help me and his coaches said NO, keep taking the beating. Dak is allowed to make reads at the LOS and is allowed to set protections
I mean it was pretty obvious I would hope Dak didn't have to go over there. Let me repeat slowly.
In his 2nd season
the coaches
do not allow Dak
to change calls at the LOS
only allows him to make
the RPO calls.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
If by spot on you mean a hodge-podge of a random number of people's opinions put into an arbitrary numerical form with no analog in reality then I agree with you.

And of course you blame the coaches because there is a huge blind spot where we don't know what is going on with what they do in their work so it's easy to point the finger at the nebulous unknown as opposed to the QB consistently late on throws, placing balls downfield poorly, missing open receivers, and surveying only half the field.
I'm not saying he doesn't need to get better, because he does, but at this point wait until his rookie deal is over to see if we should move on from him or not.