Why Daryl Johnston says firing Jason Garrett would 'sabotage' the Cowboys

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Winning just makes it more fun. The spirit of competition is what it’s all about.
That's a very sad and defeatist response. Winning is all that matters. I follow three sports religiously and one of my teams are winners. 2x in 3 years. So I have perspective in my relatively young sports-psycho-viewing life (34 y.o).

DHB, I wont question your fandom, ever. Nor any fan's that isn't clearly a troll. However, I will question your lousy takes... but, again, I wont question your fandom.

Do me a favor and not troll my posts with inane replies like this one. Or don't, but I'm asking you nicely.

Yes, you can gather it's easy to get a response from me. Don't burn me out, bro.

JustChip

Reaction score
Seriously? You need someone to define for you what failing is after 7 seasons of JG and 23 years of zero Lombardis

Where the **** am I? The Twilight Zone?

Yep, seriously. And no, you're not in the Twilight Zone; ready for it......you're in the Cowboys Zone - a place where reasonable people can have serious discussions and difference of opinions.

My dictionary says it's "the condition or fact of not achieving the desired end or ends" and "a non-performance of what is requested or expected" among other definitions. What meets those definitions? Losing season? Non-playoff season? Not NFCE championship? Non-playoff win? Non-NFC Championship Game? Non-Super Bowl? Non-Super Bowl winner?

So, yes, please, come down from on high and enlighten this poor simpleton on what the definition of failure is.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
That's a very sad and defeatist response. Winning is all that matters. I follow three sports religiously and one of my teams are winners. 2x in 3 years. So I have perspective in my relatively young sports-psycho-viewing life (34 y.o).

DHB, I wont question your fandom, ever. Nor any fan's that isn't clearly a troll. However, I will question your lousy takes... but, again, I wont question your fandom.

Do me a favor and not troll my posts with inane replies like this one. Or don't, but I'm asking you nicely.

Yes, you can gather it's easy to get a response from me. Don't burn me out, bro.
So, every game you play must win or you don’t enjoy the competition?

Your certainly entitled to your own beliefs but be prepared to be challenged.

Last edited:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Yep, seriously. And no, you're not in the Twilight Zone; ready for it......you're in the Cowboys Zone - a place where reasonable people can have serious discussions and difference of opinions.

My dictionary says it's "the condition or fact of not achieving the desired end or ends" and "a non-performance of what is requested or expected" among other definitions. What meets those definitions? Losing season? Non-playoff season? Not NFCE championship? Non-playoff win? Non-NFC Championship Game? Non-Super Bowl? Non-Super Bowl winner?

So, yes, please, come down from on high and enlighten this poor simpleton on what the definition of failure is.
His message is there is 31 losers each year in NFL.

If you don’t win the Gold your a loser. Wow!!

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score

Fair enough, and I apologize for my dismissive and condescending tone, Chip. You are right, that was too much and yes, you can post freely here and shouldn't have to worry about snark coming back (provided you're not trolling, which you aren't at all).

For me, winning isn't anything JG is remotely close to doing. Or ever has been close to. He ruined the careers of some of my all-time favorite Cowboys. Well, he along with my most hated sports figure -- sadly -- our owner. Jones has killed us for the better part of two and a half decades. The closest we have been to having competent coaching/GM'ing was when Tuna was here a decade ago.

I'm just so disgusted with this mediocrity on a team larger than the Yankees. I'm tired of losing, man. IM ******* TIRED OF IT

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
That’s a heaping pile of bs you’re spewing. If they didn’t think he was capable of doing the job, he’d be gone. The people that matter the most wants to win as bad or more than the fans.
o_O

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Winning is all that matters. Our glory years are a ******* fart in the wind now. It's time to reestablish ourselves as a premeninant franchise.

Shame on some of you in this thread.
And then some still talk about those 5 SB's like they are recent. No other fan base cares about our Lombardi's last century. The Eagles don't care especially since they just won one.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Fair enough, and I apologize for my dismissive and condescending tone, Chip. You are right, that was too much and yes, you can post freely here and shouldn't have to worry about snark coming back (provided you're not trolling, which you aren't at all).

For me, winning isn't anything JG is remotely close to doing. Or ever has been close to. He ruined the careers of some of my all-time favorite Cowboys. Well, he along with my most hated sports figure -- sadly -- our owner. Jones has killed us for the better part of two and a half decades. The closest we have been to having competent coaching/GM'ing was when Tuna was here a decade ago.

I'm just so disgusted with this mediocrity on a team larger than the Yankees. I'm tired of losing, man. IM ******* TIRED OF IT
You should have saw my jaw drop when Parcells left and our 2 candidates to replace him was Wade Phillips and Norv Turner. And Now Garrett who hasn't even done anything in this league close to what those two have done (great coordinators, awful head coaches).

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score

All my teams are mediocre to awful. I only follow the Cowboys and the Maryland Terps. Terps have been mediocre for years in football and basketball. I at least saw the basketball team win a national title but they haven't come close since and that was in 2002. They have a Garrett type coach too. lol

Big_D

Reaction score
You should have saw my jaw drop when Parcells left and our 2 candidates to replace him was Wade Phillips and Norv Turner. And Now Garrett who hasn't even done anything in this league close to what those two have done (great coordinators, awful head coaches).

You knew Jerry was going to screw that up. Decision #1 JG (the bad rash that never goes away) was Jerry's first order of business. LOL But no one wants to win more than him! :lmao: That just gets more ridiculous as the years blow by.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
All my teams are mediocre to awful. I only follow the Cowboys and the Maryland Terps. Terps have been mediocre for years in football and basketball. I at least saw the basketball team win a national title but they haven't come close since and that was in 2002. They have a Garrett type coach too. lol
Ha! My Halos, too, won it all in 2002. Thankfully I've been blessed with the golden years of Kings hockey the last 6 years. Two Stanley Cups and a Conference finals in between. And a competitive squad every year.

Sadly, the Cowboys are my first love and WE NEED TO WIN, PA. Damn, man. "Just win, baby"

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
Don't worry, the Cowboy's are going to win a SB soon. Good things take time to change and when Jerry was in control there was no possibility of that kind of change to start. You can see for the last couple of years there has been a different approach and that approach has commonsense, where as the old approach had loyalty to players they liked even if those players stopped trying to get better at their craft.

Romo injured gone, Witten old and slow gone, Dez crazy gone.
New young QB, how good? We'll see.
New great RB!
WR and TE is a real open competition now. We'll see who emerges.
Oline ready.

You can see the FO is trying to put the right pieces together, they are basically working the list the best they can now, before was just a circus. We are going to win soon.

Mark it and stamp it.

Good as gold.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
The problem is if the vocal anti-Garrett posters were around during the first 10 years of the Landry era, Tom wouldn't have had the opportunity to had 20 straight winning seasons since they would want him gone after his 10th season because, by that time, he was an abysmal 1-4 in the playoffs. The Cowboys were known then as the team that couldn't win the big one. And, by the way, there was definitely as significant amount of people that believed Landry couldn't get them over the hump and a change should be made.

Look, I'm not saying Garrett at all costs. I'm simply arguing that it's not as simple as he's had only 1 playoff win. I don't care what Philly or Jacksonville or LA have done - they're completely different situations.

LOL......Garrett is the next Landy because he has had poor success like Landry did? ahahahaahahaahaaha!!!!!!

Garrett is horrid. Just watching his blunders. And Landry was essentially starting from scratch. Garrett was handed a team that went 11-4 the next year. He was handed a Romo in his prime and then rookie of the year candidate Dak right after Romo. He had 13-3 win teams that he couldnt even win a playoff game with.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
I am not a negative poster. I am sorry for my "negative" posts in this thread. I love our team, I root hard for our team along w the rest of you, I support our team. I am not a person that looks for the bad in everything Cowboys related. However, I just want to win, now. Or show a trajectory that puts us in that direction. It isn't there. It's highs and lows. Highs and lows.

It is so hard with this owner. Again, I am such positive fan, by disposition. But this owner is like a blood thirsty leach attached to my jugular. I AM one of those fans that has depression for a day or three after a loss. I am so emotional for our squad. Peak into any GDT.

I don't know why I'm explaining myself like this. Whatever. I'm kinda done with this thread. On to new threads and subjects for me. Have at it, I've definitely said my peace. It's just rehashing the same now.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not having a link to support my claim is not the same as making it up.

I think that poll was after 2014 season so naturally the support would have been higher.

Actually that’s exactly what it is. You made a claim and as per your history, failed to back it up.

And now the daye’s gone back to 2014? Yeah. Looks better all the time.