Why Daryl Johnston says firing Jason Garrett would 'sabotage' the Cowboys

Diehardblues

Reaction score
What defines Cowboys football as a fun season for you?
At least 16 meaningful games. Nothing worse than the season over by Thanksgiving.

All during the Landry era having 20 consecutive winning seasons, 13 championship and 5 SB appearances cumulatively was what made it so special. The 2 rings were gravy on top.

The goal is always to win but the journey is the joy.

Big_D

Reaction score
Landry was a championship winning DC who was also one of the most innovative coaches in league history. These comparisons are crazy. We're taking a 2 year QB coach and pretending it's the same situation. Just a sad state the team currently resides in. Jerry could've brought in a legitimate resume back in 2007, and been doing much more the past dozen years but instead it's a hapless coach who never did anything. Move over Tom.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
I am not a negative poster. I am sorry for my "negative" posts in this thread. I love our team, I root hard for our team along w the rest of you, I support our team. I am not a person that looks for the bad in everything Cowboys related. However, I just want to win, now. Or show a trajectory that puts us in that direction. It isn't there. It's highs and lows. Highs and lows.

It is so hard with this owner. Again, I am such positive fan, by disposition. But this owner is like a blood thirsty leach attached to my jugular. I AM one of those fans that has depression for a day or three after a loss. I am so emotional for our squad. Peak into any GDT.

I don't know why I'm explaining myself like this. Whatever. I'm kinda done with this thread. On to new threads and subjects for me. Have at it, I've definitely said my peace. It's just rehashing the same now.
I know what that's like. I used to live and die with the Cowboys. Believe it or not I used to be a positive Cowboy fan. I didn't talk bad about Jerry years ago. It's just frustration of years and years of nothing ever changing.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Actually that’s exactly what it is. You made a claim and as per your history, failed to back it up.

And now the daye’s gone back to 2014? Yeah. Looks better all the time.
If the poll had supported your narrative it’s unlikely you would have thrown a fit.

Big_D

Reaction score
If the poll had supported your narrative it’s unlikely you would have thrown a fit.

the problem is it's 3 years old. Things change by the minute. If you produced a legit poll from this offseason then that would backup your claim. But a poll you saw on TV way back in 2015 really doesn't help your case.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
I am not a negative poster. I am sorry for my "negative" posts in this thread. I love our team, I root hard for our team along w the rest of you, I support our team. I am not a person that looks for the bad in everything Cowboys related. However, I just want to win, now. Or show a trajectory that puts us in that direction. It isn't there. It's highs and lows. Highs and lows.

It is so hard with this owner. Again, I am such positive fan, by disposition. But this owner is like a blood thirsty leach attached to my jugular. I AM one of those fans that has depression for a day or three after a loss. I am so emotional for our squad. Peak into any GDT.

I don't know why I'm explaining myself like this. Whatever. I'm kinda done with this thread. On to new threads and subjects for me. Have at it, I've definitely said my peace. It's just rehashing the same now.
LoL,,,& all this time,I'd just figured you'd 'passed-out' after the first quarter of game play in all those game day threads,,,o_O
,,,:lmao::lmao2::lmao:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
For me? He needs to win in the playoffs. At least one game, maybe two.

What about you?
My problem with those measurements for this team is how do we know we have enough to win a couple games in the playoffs?

We don’t have a dominant defense or an elite QB. At least not until further evidence.

Melonfeud

Reaction score
Because football has a lot of injuries along with some hot and cold streaks, the media plays off that and has conditioned Americans to think it's the end of the world when it happens, but the world keeps turning.
There was a real BAD A**ED TUNE,that had that refrain " the world keeps turning " in it,,,:thumbup:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
If it had been real or true I wouldn’t have thrown a fit. But I don’t take bull**** lightly.
It was an actual poll taken . Not sure how. I follow so much local media it’s difficult to recall where. Or how to research it.

Am I not allowed to mention anything I hear, see or read from the media without a link?

How do you get a link if it’s from a live radio show?

Melonfeud

Reaction score
For me? He needs to win in the playoffs. At least one game, maybe two.
What about you?

Stash,,,GARRETT has got to achieve victory in the National Football Conference exhibition CHAMPIONSHIP if ever the laurels of credibility are to be AWARDED UNTO HIM,,,o_O

* I've been practicing holding my breathe & almost made a solid 3 minutes,,,once.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Dude shut up, you aren’t saying anything here. Almost no coaches build teams by themselves...

Garrett doenst build buddy. You can believe whatever you want. Jerry and Stephen build the roster, pick the players and make all the key personnel decisions mainly based on the scouting department and Will McClay who is next in line. Garrett simply isnt involved in that other then an opinion here or there. Those are the facts. But by all means stay ignorant.

Garrett has the least amount of control then any head coach in the NFL. He was even stripped of play calling duties because he was so horrid at it.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Garrett doenst build buddy. You can believe whatever you want. Jerry and Stephen build the roster, pick the players and make all the key personnel decisions mainly based on the scouting department and Will McClay who is next in line. Garrett simply isnt involved in that other then an opinion here or there. Those are the facts. But by all means stay ignorant.

Garrett has the least amount of control then any head coach in the NFL. He was even stripped of play calling duties because he was so horrid at it.
Are these facts you can support with links or data?

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score

Look dork I’m not defending Garrett but even Belichek uses scouts. And off the top of my head Garrett picked Felix Jones, Zeke, Dak, and the new TE. Who cares...

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Look dork I’m not defending Garrett but even Belichek uses scouts. And off the top of my head Garrett picked Felix Jones, Zeke, Dak, and the new TE. Who cares...

Poor little guy. You have to insult someone to get your point across? LOL

Garrett doesnt pick the players. But by all means keep making me laugh little guy.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Landry was a championship winning DC who was also one of the most innovative coaches in league history. These comparisons are crazy. We're taking a 2 year QB coach and pretending it's the same situation. Just a sad state the team currently resides in. Jerry could've brought in a legitimate resume back in 2007, and been doing much more the past dozen years but instead it's a hapless coach who never did anything. Move over Tom.
I haven’t seen anyone comparing Jason’s coaching to Toms. The comparisons are to their lack of early playoff success and how many seasons it took to win a championship.

Anyone who compares their knowledge of football, team building skills, eye for talent, coaching techniques, innovative contributions and brilliance would be severely misguided IMO and I’d argued it relentlessly. There’s absolutely no comparison at least at this point in Jason’s career.

Even comparing their slow starts is flawed since Tom started with an expansion team and by year 7 was in a NFL championship game. The only facts which can be compared is his 1-4 start in playoff games and the early frustration of losing the big playoff games.

JustChip

Reaction score
Fair enough, and I apologize for my dismissive and condescending tone, Chip. You are right, that was too much and yes, you can post freely here and shouldn't have to worry about snark coming back (provided you're not trolling, which you aren't at all).

For me, winning isn't anything JG is remotely close to doing. Or ever has been close to. He ruined the careers of some of my all-time favorite Cowboys. Well, he along with my most hated sports figure -- sadly -- our owner. Jones has killed us for the better part of two and a half decades. The closest we have been to having competent coaching/GM'ing was when Tuna was here a decade ago.

I'm just so disgusted with this mediocrity on a team larger than the Yankees. I'm tired of losing, man. IM ******* TIRED OF IT

It's all good. Sports evokes passion and that's a good thing. Maybe the most jubilant I can remember about a Cowboys game was the 1992 NFC Championship, and I'm someone who experienced the Ice Bowl, the NFL Championship the year before, all Super Bowls and everything in between. The 1992 NFCC was so sweet because it had been so long since we had played in that game.

What I want most is to be competitive. Maybe you're a season ticket holder or go to a lot of games. If so, you'll understand the absolute desolation of sitting at the games in 1989 and suffering through games with zero hope and the taunts from the opposing fans. Same was true during the Campo years. I haven't had that at any time during Garrett's tenure, at least not going into the season. I recognize others may not subscribe to that view and that's their prerogative.