Why Daryl Johnston says firing Jason Garrett would 'sabotage' the Cowboys

Dre11

Reaction score
No comprehending jibberish nonsense.

You’re terrible at debate. Completely over your head.

Debate what? You couldn’t comprehend a simple answer, and it went over my head?..lol
What are you smoking....lol

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Well, I know the go to is "It was an expansion team" - but what about the beginning of Landry's coaching career? Took him 7 seasons to even get to the playoffs. Apples to Oranges, I know but fans would lose their minds if they were there.
If Garrett had one of the worst teams of all time and had to build the team from scratch that would be one thing. It doesn't take that long to build a team anymore. Carolina and Jacksonville were competing for championships in their second year. You have free agency and none of that happened when Landry started. Garrett was given a franchise QB whom he wasted. The team was picked to go to the SB the year before. Look at my signature. The Cowboys have been one of the least successful NFC teams as far as playoff wins this century. There is no reason for it. We are the Dallas Cowboys. We should be better than that. Cowboy fans back in the old days demanded better which is why Landry was under fire the later part of his career. Nowadays it's like at least we aren't the Browns.

Haimerej

Reaction score
Also, your boy DieHardBlues has a bit of a history here, before y'all came. He came in the first exodus in '16. When Irvin was accused of rape, he jumped on and made threads and posts calling our Irv a rapist and horrible person, then when he was exonerated he never came back. He was almost literally the only member of 25k doing so. Just to shine. Just to be the cool guy. He's a wannabe edgy poster. I read the Fireside Chat and half the folks in there don't like him either, y'all just put up with him.

Like I said earlier, I like to think I was part of what pushed him here back then. He was banned during a long back and forth with me where I took apart his debate style and he started whining about being "personally attacked." Dude tried to use him having season tickets and a travel pass as giving him some kind of authority. Always whined about not being properly respected because he actually met Jerry. He would talk about how whenever he met Jerry, Jerry was always respectful. Tried to play it off as being an insider.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Like I said earlier, I like to think I was part of what pushed him here back then. He was banned during a long back and forth with me where I took apart his debate style and he started whining about being "personally attacked." Dude tried to use him having season tickets and a travel pass as giving him some kind of authority. Always whined about not being properly respected because he actually met Jerry. He would talk about how whenever he met Jerry, Jerry was always respectful. Tried to play it off as being an insider.
(to the bolded)

Rule 19! Hah! :D

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
T

True on the perception of the last Landry years, but that was more based on the fact that the team was trending down with 3 straight losing seasons culminating in 3-13 in 1988. You can’t say that about Garrett’s years.
Of course not. Garetts is up and down. He had to beat the Eagles backups with our starters 6-0 just to finally claim his first back-to-back winning season . 3 straight losing seasons with a HOF coach coming after 20 straight winning seasons. Yea big difference there. I promise if Garrett has 20 straight winning seasons I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. It will never happen though.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lol. That's the funniest thing I've read in a while. To clarify, Greg is DHB. Ask heath (Aviano here) about me and Greg.

I have. He’s already given me and the forum the lowdown on your buddy Greg. And his false claims and multiple bans.

Look guy, I'm just saying you're too uptight. The only person I'm seeing here who is against anyone is you. See, there were a multitude of responses you could have given to what I said. You took the path of name calling and defensiveness. It's ok, I'm not upset or anything. I just see this trend from you and I'm calling it out. There's a certain mindset which takes an obvious bit of silliness as an attack on your person. I'm just trying to help. :thumbup:

If holding someone accountable for their claims makes me “uptight”, I’ll gladly take that. I’m not going to apologize for myself or this forum having standards or accountability. If you’re looking for no rules, maybe this isn’t the place for you or your buddy?

Just because you have low standards or none at all doesn’t mean me or this place should.

Just never forget that it was you who jumped into this and on me when you didn’t have a horse in the race or a leg to stand on.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
My favorite was him saying "that doesn't align with my opinion." Lmao, dude is out there.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Stash taking on 5, 6 members at once. Just another day at CZ... :star:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lol
You can’t handle being challenged . You must be used to running the roost here.

I can’t? Dude. You’re the guy making up false **** and running when called on it. I’m fine with keeping this up and escalating things until it has to be addressed by higher authorities if that’s where you want to take it?

Dre11

Reaction score
If Garrett had one of the worst teams of all time and had to build the team from scratch that would be one thing. It doesn't take that long to build a team anymore. Carolina and Jacksonville were competing for championships in their second year. You have free agency and none of that happened when Landry started. Garrett was given a franchise QB whom he wasted. The team was picked to go to the SB the year before. Look at my signature. The Cowboys have been one of the least successful NFC teams as far as playoff wins this century. There is no reason for it. We are the Dallas Cowboys. We should be better than that. Cowboy fans back in the old days demanded better which is why Landry was under fire the later part of his career. Nowadays it's like at least we aren't the Browns.

Other than you’re leaving out some huge facts, the Cowboys was in cap hell for most of his tenure, they never sucked enough under his tenure to get all the top 5 draft picks some of those teams got, until the last few years the East was one of the toughest divisions.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Also, your boy DieHardBlues has a bit of a history here, before y'all came. He came in the first exodus in '16. When Irvin was accused of rape, he jumped on and made threads and posts calling our Irv a rapist and horrible person, then when he was exonerated he never came back here to say he was wrong. Scumbag move, brother. He was almost literally the only member of 25k doing so. Just to shine. Just to be the cool guy.

He's a wannabe edgy poster. I read the Fireside Chat and half the folks in there don't like him either, y'all just put up with him.

I think y'all know this better than myself.
Irvin maybe been exonerated of his crime but I’ll always believe he’s on the edge and probably has raped women amongst other crimes.

He was awesome on the field for us but that doesn’t excuse his behavior. If not for his celebrity status he’d prob be in prison.

I’ve been very outspoken on several players including Elliott last year and Hardy a couple years ago.Being a Cowboy is not an excuse for criminal behavior.

Does that draw criticism from other fans? Of course. Should I not portray my concerns and not argue my beliefs because it’s not mainstream popular amongst some fans?

There were some great fans over there in DC forum and most made the trip over. Most of the bad pills didn’t. When you take the stance I did on several issues it’s not popular mainstream and because of the lack of control on that forum too much blood was shed.

Supporting Garrett at this time is not popular mainstream on this forum. I fully understand what I’m up against and intend to argue my position . Fortunately this a much better ran forum and I don’t anticipate the kinda of out of control behavior we witnessed over there which ultimately ruined that forum.

Last edited:

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Irvin maybe been exonerated of his crime but I’ll always believe he’s on the edge and probably has raped women amongst other crimes.

He was awesome on the field for us but that doesn’t excuse his behavior. If not for his celebrity status he’d prob be in prison.

I’ve been very outspoken on several players including Elliott last year and Hardy a couple years ago.Being a Cowboy is not an excuse for criminal behavior. Does that draw criticism from other fans? Of course. Should I not portray my concerns and not argue my beliefs because it’s not mainstream popular amongst some fans?
When you said he was a rapist as per his charges, then don't come back to clarify and let those bullshyte claims float on, yeah, that isn't savory or right. It's one thing to not like a person because of your perceived thoughts on him, its another to slander him in the middle of his accusations, just for sensationalism posting, and then never return to clarify once said person is exonerated.

Post whatever you must, but show humility when you're wrong. Or be labeled a turd poster by myself (and apparently many others), and not care. Whatevs. That's on you...

Haimerej

Reaction score
I have. He’s already given me and the forum the lowdown on your buddy Greg. And his false claims and multiple bans.

Heath said he was my buddy?

Rule 19 is knocking at the door, roo. You're going to have to back that one up.

If holding someone accountable for their claims makes me “uptight”, I’ll gladly take that. I’m not going to apologize for myself or this forum having standards or accountability. If you’re looking for no rules, maybe this isn’t the place for you or your buddy?

Sigh... What made you uptight is your response to me. Again- you could've handled it in so many ways but you got defensive and started namecalling.

Just because you have low standards or none at all doesn’t mean me or this place should.

My point seems so far over your head.

Just never forget that it was you who jumped into this and on me when you didn’t have a horse in the race or a leg to stand on.

My, "horse," is simply pointing out how you can't seem to have a civil discussion with someone who even slightly disagrees with you even when they're trying to have one with you. As I recall it our last back and forth was very similar to this one. But hey, I see you're over 41k now. Good for you. I bet you're really shaping narratives and setting trends.

Reactions: G2

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Bunch of fights going on with people on my ignore list. lol
Muh man! I would always cheat and click "show ignored" so I just took off the two or three people i had on it. they don't post much, thankfully (and I think I made friends with two of the three, anyways).

I like to see and keep an eye on thine "enemies" (not that there's really any in here; I just don't care for DHB, personally) :D

Last edited:

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Muh man! I would always cheat and click "show ignored" so I just took off the two or three people i had on it. they don't post much, thankfully.

I like to see and keep an eye on thine enemies :D
The only time I do that is when I see posters talking to themselves. Then I look and I'm not surprised who it is they're fighting with. lol