Why do people insist on cutting Dak?

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
There are some that believe if the plan is to start Trey why not cut Dak and commit. I say why? Why cut Dak? They are paying him any way.

He wants a new contract if it is with Dallas or any other team. He will be forced to play the best football of his life and I am not talking implementing the new scheme to get Lamb open. I am talking about spreading the ball around and putting this team on His back. (I do not believe he is capable of it but maybe he will surprise me) Win

If Dak comes out and lays an egg like he did to begin last season I think He gets the Hook. Even then he would make a great back up and if He does get His Job back. He will have incentive to play his heart out because no one is gonna pay a QB that can't keep his job

Keeping Dak even if the plan is to go with lance in a rebuild is a win win

Besides, all of these years of tears will be quenched watching Dak hold the clip board with a Poopy face

No one is cutting Dak.....just don't want him extended. Let him lose again another year and go off wherever he wants, but not stay here. He has worn out his welcome. If you say someone will pay him the money, then good...as long as it's not here.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
It isn't so much Dak as a player for me, it is the amount of cap space he demands. He isn't worth it, he's not good enough to carry a team period. It is just better business to find a replacement at a fraction of the cost. We are not winning with him now, we darn sure are not going to win with less talent around him. Reset the cap, is the best option.
well, i never really care about the cap. in this case, his value could be $20mil a year and while "hey, that's affordable" - it still ain't winning and overall $$$ spent on the team is the same.

this "team" ain't working. that's all there is to it. too much a show and not enough football and that isn't going to change in the disney world of the NFL.

i've accepted that and just go with the flow. jiggy jar jar do.

fivetwos

Reaction score
They are not going to bench him from the start of the year as some sort of punishment.

It’s a bad look and the entire league would know it. Pro sports teams just don’t operate that way, not even this clown show.

I think fans on each side of the fence ought to try to wrap their heads around the most likely scenario here…..which is that they don’t want to move on from Dak, but they also don’t wish to pay him at the top of the market.

It would make sense for each side to come to a middle ground, and that’s what this is all about.

They also probably want to see what Lance has in TC. Why else would they claim to wait to negotiate with Dak until then?

I’ve never seen ownership do all they can to divide a locker room, but these two have their own little plan/game going.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I don't insist on cutting Dak, I just think it's foolish to not make a move on the guy yet. Either sign him or move on already. Nothing good comes from waiting this out, and the Cowboys have already suffered from the indecision by completely neglecting free agency due to the cap issues. The Jones family in turn have blamed their failures on the contract issues with the big three, which has only created tension between the players and some fans. It's a lose/lose situation for everyone.

Ultimately what will happen is Jerry/Stephen will either cave and end up paying Dak while that number only goes up, or Dak bails after this year and he walks in free agency and the Cowboys get nothing for him other than a comp pick. Either way I think it's a failure by the Cowboys at this point. You didn't get a deal done in time to spend money to upgrade the roster for 2024, or you let a valuable trade asset (Yes I know about the no trade clause) walk out the door.

LittleD

Reaction score
There is no cutting Dak this year. He will absolutely be the QB1 in 2024. He has a no trade line in his current contract. He most likely will play out this year making
business decisions for his potential contract next spring. Some team with cap space will most likely pay him an average 60million per season. This season is going to be tough because it is a tough schedule against top teams. This year and next year are going to be soft rebuild years while Jerry moves his highly paid older players off the team and drafts to replenish the team for future years against a lesser schedule.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
When? You’re reaching now. Everyone knows Dak has been well media trained lol…always says the right thing for the most part…even his biggest detractors will admit that.
Trained is right, otherwise he is a phoney, period. Saying throwing trash at the refs is OK, hanging out at strip clubs getting in trouble with some skank, putting phoney vids of him working in his little kid backyard football field. Yep, Garrett trained him real hard. smh

Chuck 54

Reaction score
This team would have to be eliminated from playoff contention before Dak would ever get "the hook" for Cooper Rush or Trey Lance.

foofighters

Reaction score
There are some that believe if the plan is to start Trey why not cut Dak and commit. I say why? Why cut Dak? They are paying him any way.

He wants a new contract if it is with Dallas or any other team. He will be forced to play the best football of his life and I am not talking implementing the new scheme to get Lamb open. I am talking about spreading the ball around and putting this team on His back. (I do not believe he is capable of it but maybe he will surprise me) Win

If Dak comes out and lays an egg like he did to begin last season I think He gets the Hook. Even then he would make a great back up and if He does get His Job back. He will have incentive to play his heart out because no one is gonna pay a QB that can't keep his job

Besides, all of these years of tears will be quenched watching Dak hold the clip board with a Poopy face
Like he's sitting in Irvin's haircut chair, cutting?

Jipper

Reaction score
i am fine with him playing out this year and then not being resigned - cutting him at this point doesnt really do anything for this year - i just want him gone after this season unless something miraculous happens...

Reid1boys

Reaction score

there is zero chance Dak loses his job... well maybe not zero. If the team were 4-7 and Dak was stinking it up.... sure, Lance likely starts playing. But what in Dak's 8 years as a starter makes you think he is gonna stink it up. Even 2 years ago with the picks he had, he still didnt stink it up. Last year he was 2nd in MVP voting with 36 TDs and 9 Ints... thats a 4-1 ratio that any qb would love to have.

I was never a dak fan, and he continues to stink in playoffs, but if it werent for Daks play last year, this team goes 7-10. If we had a viable option, Id not be against possibly moving on, but moving on from Dak into the unknown.... that snot something I am interested in doing. Put Lance on this team as the starter.... we are the Jets.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Dak is measurably slow in the processing; he panics and just makes horrible decisions at the worst times.
Dak needed more time and why this team invested so much 2024 draft stock into OL, Jerry is basically saying c'mon Dak, Im drafting
in order to give you possibly a second longer maybe less to actually look off your primary WR.
yea, investing in the oline had noting to do with losing your starting C and LT, or the fact Zack Martin is down to the end of his career...... smh.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Bunch of 1 year contracts…. Zeke getting 1 year is another telling sign, everything hinges on a “prove it” year for Dak, otherwise he’s gone. Though he’s already “proved he ain’t it” multiple times..
Kind o flike Matt Stafford proved he would never win a Sb as well. He was the Lions starter for 12 seasons and never won even a wild card game. His path as a losing qb had clearly been cemented, his future was already determined based upon those seasons... right?
Same with Jim Plunkett. His 1st 7 seasons in the league not only resulted on zero playoff wins, he never even had a winning season. 2 SB wins out of that loser.

Im not saying Dak will ever win a SB, Ive no clue, but to say because he hasnt done it yet means he never will is foolish.

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
because 8 YEARS IS ENOUGH. Dak will get the bills paid but, you don't have enough to go on vacation.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't know. why did we finally get rid of Garrett?
Blame Michael Myers. He contacted Jerry Jones and demanded Jason Garrett take off his hockey mask. Jones told him Garrett did not wear hockey masks. Myers took offense at being called a liar and stood outside Jones' bedroom window that night. Garrett was gone the next day.

True story.