Why do people insist on cutting Dak?

jujoboys

Reaction score
Can't force a trade on Dak. But he can agree to one. And it looks like a win-win to me.
If Dallas wanted to trade him then it should have been prior to the draft. Many of the teams that may have been interested filled their QB need in the draft. The only team that I can see that doesn't really have their QB for 2024 is the Las Vegas Raiders. They wanted one in the draft but none fell to them.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
why did the kids beat him up in Panama?
The most likely answer - screwed around with someones woman or at least one of his pals did and got beat down by the locals. One of the guys from his group tweeted that they did nothing and got jumped. Highly doubt it, especially in light of the fact that it was in broad daylight and no one was mugged.

khiladi

Reaction score
Kind o flike Matt Stafford proved he would never win a Sb as well. He was the Lions starter for 12 seasons and never won even a wild card game. His path as a losing qb had clearly been cemented, his future was already determined based upon those seasons... right?
Same with Jim Plunkett. His 1st 7 seasons in the league not only resulted on zero playoff wins, he never even had a winning season. 2 SB wins out of that loser.

Im not saying Dak will ever win a SB, Ive no clue, but to say because he hasnt done it yet means he never will is foolish.
You can find more examples of QBs sucking even more as they age.

The Lions were a hot mess. Stafford always had talent. A prime Stafford on the roster Dak walked into, would have easily competed for SBs and multiple play-off wins.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
If Dallas wanted to trade him then it should have been prior to the draft. Many of the teams that may have been interested filled their QB need in the draft. The only team that I can see that doesn't really have their QB for 2024 is the Las Vegas Raiders. They wanted one in the draft but none fell to them.
Yeah, before the draft would have been better.
But Dak may have needed more nudging. I think the draft gave it to him. No RB, signed Zeke, took two project OL

Pretty bleak contract year Dak is looking at.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Yeah, before the draft would have been better.
But Dak may have needed more nudging. I think the draft gave it to him. No RB, signed Zeke, took two project OL

Pretty bleak contract year Dak is looking at.
The draft benefited Dak 100% rebuilding the OLine and resigning his best friend at RB.

Are you kidding yourself or just don't have a clue?

Last edited:

Reid1boys

Reaction score
You can find more examples of QBs sucking even more as they age.

The Lions were a hot mess. Stafford always had talent. A prime Stafford on the roster Dak walked into, would have easily competed for SBs and multiple play-off wins.
yawn.... im sure cousins would also have put us on the verge of a SB win also, right?

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
The most likely answer - screwed around with someones woman or at least one of his pals did and got beat down by the locals. One of the guys from his group tweeted that they did nothing and got jumped. Highly doubt it, especially in light of the fact that it was in broad daylight and no one was mugged.
so he screwed around and found out.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Kind o flike Matt Stafford proved he would never win a Sb as well. He was the Lions starter for 12 seasons and never won even a wild card game. His path as a losing qb had clearly been cemented, his future was already determined based upon those seasons... right?
Same with Jim Plunkett. His 1st 7 seasons in the league not only resulted on zero playoff wins, he never even had a winning season. 2 SB wins out of that loser.

Im not saying Dak will ever win a SB, Ive no clue, but to say because he hasnt done it yet means he never will is foolish.
I'll go with that, however, for me it still comes down to the 'elephant in the room' in that whilst Dak (the better QB) he has that 'break-down' psyche when under pressure......so it doesnt matter what happens around him (or roster wise), if he's going missing when things go wrong and clocks ticking.

No QB gets an armchair ride through the play-offs..... but in the SB Winning play-off run Stafford had 3 games with '2 minute offense' drives that wom the game.

If the negative on Dak (and to be fair every QB has them) was easily remedied by coaching or roster help yep he may be able to maintain performance into the mid 30's, but he's shown (in three Play-off loses), he struggles with the pressure.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
The draft benefited Dak 100% rebuilding the OLine and resigning his best friend at RB.

Are you kidding yourself or just don't have a clue?
Unless one of the O-line draftees is a 'QB-Whisperer', then it's pretty immaterial. The O-Line wasnt the problem vrs GB .

They are building the O-Line to give the protection to the rookie in 2025 (ala Dak in 2016).

Hadenough

Reaction score
I haven't looked at Daks contract but if cutting him cost the team 59 mil does that clear him off the books for 2025?
I think with Jerry holding on to Dak another year it hurts Dak from finding another team because every year there are young QBs drafted filling those spots. The league needs to get these mediocre QBs salaries under control and that's by refusing to pay them elite money. The Sam Bradford gravy train ended and it's time for the Dak Prescott gravy train to end.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
I haven't looked at Daks contract but if cutting him cost the team 59 mil does that clear him off the books for 2025?
I think with Jerry holding on to Dak another year it hurts Dak from finding another team because every year there are young QBs drafted filling those spots. The league needs to get these mediocre QBs salaries under control and that's by refusing to pay them elite money. The Sam Bradford gravy train ended and it's time for the Dak Prescott gravy train to end.
If we cut him Pre-June, we forego the $29m salary and can clear his CAP in full ($66m) in 2024 by restructuring $11m of other contracts.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
So you think Dak would agree to a trade and lose out on $29m?
The Raiders (nor anyone outside of Patriots) had the 2024 CAP to pay him.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Dallas salary cap…

Negative 9.x million as of this morning.

We still have to sign our rookies.

Something has to give.

Carter

Reaction score
Dallas salary cap…

Negative 9.x million as of this morning.

We still have to sign our rookies.

Something has to give.

They can do it with some easy restructures or extending Micah / Lamb

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
yea, investing in the oline had noting to do with losing your starting C and LT, or the fact Zack Martin is down to the end of his career...... smh.
So you are saying that you were happy with Tyron and Tyler?
Zach Martin is really happy now BTW.

jujoboys

Reaction score
So you think Dak would agree to a trade and lose out on $29m?
The Raiders (nor anyone outside of Patriots) had the 2024 CAP to pay him.
The CAP can always be manipulated. Philly does it with every contract they write. If a team really wanted a player they can make it happen most of the time. If Dak thought the Cowboys were ready to move on and a team was willing to go ahead and give him a new contract then I believe he may have been open to a trade. It's all speculation at this point and no one really knows. My comment was more about the timing of the trade. The poster was mentioning trading Dak now. I was commenting that if they really wanted to trade him then this should have been done prior to the draft or considered prior to the draft. There are a lot less teams QB needy after the draft. I never said that Dak was willing to be traded or that another team even wanted Dak. My comment was purely based on the right time to consider the trade. If Dallas was really ready to move on from Dak then the possible trade should have been discussed prior to the new league year (prior to free agency).

Btw, I still think Jerry works out a contract with Dak. Jerry is afraid of starting completely over. That's why McCarthy still has a job today.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
How so? The new guys on the O line are rookies. We lost a really good tackle (when healthy) and Martin isn't getting any younger.

So where will that extra second come from I ask? Dak will have to run for his life alot more often this season.
Martin is very happy now, trust me on this.