Why do you like or dislike Dak?

ColoradoCowboy

Reaction score
Do I LIKE Dak? Hack yeah.

My issue is trust. Early on, he would miss obvious calls when the defense took away something, but he has certainly gotten better at reading a defense over the years. I'm learning to trust him. But, yeah, I absolutely LIKE him.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Tad is doing great now that he will never have to work another day in his life, assuming he has ever worked one to begin with. Notice how quiet he has been since Dak got his undeserved pay raise?

I like Tad...that is who I would rather meet instead of Dak.

coult44

Reaction score
Theres nobody in this forum that has been a fan of his longer than me. I know that for a fact. But my like for him took a shot this past offseason. He allowed his agent to backout on the team agreeing to agents demands only to have him pull out and push the bar higher. His agent did this with almost all of his clients and none of his top clients signed deals after the 2019 season because of this. I understand its a business and the agent is hired to get as much money as he can for his client. And teams burn players all the time, but the Dallas Cowboys dont do that. Even when they release players they still end up getting paid good. Thats why the team eats alot of dead money. No hidden out clauses that most teams do to manipulate the dollars against the salary cap. Basically screwing over the player.

The reason i liked Dak from the start back to his college days was because he makes players better. He did this at miss state took them from a trash team to a #1 ranking. He's a leader and who players want to play with. He isnt affraid to put his body on the line and get that extra yrd. We've seen him run over lbers and S to get that first down. He's gotten better every yr, and isnt even in his prime yet. When you have a guy like Bellichick complimenting him thats saying something. Basically because Bellichick doesnt give compliments.

I don’t want to be benched for “pumping” but I just found a post from 2016 with me wanting Dak to remain starter before Tony was back.
Just sayin, lol, but my days go back to him in Haughton.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don’t want to be benched for “pumping” but I just found a post from 2016 with me wanting Dak to remain starter before Tony was back.
Just sayin, lol, but my days go back to him in Haughton.
What's wrong with pumping? Just don't bump.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
But would he be more fun than Zeke's dogs?
I don't know. I've read that it's Zeke's rot that's the trouble maker. The other two are English Bulldogs and I'd probably have a ball with them.

Lol: Zeke's rot. Sounds like a disease.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Romo was good no doubt, and you're right Garrett probably would have been fired if Romo wasn't as good as he was....but Romo or Dak are not Mahomes good.

Mahomes would have won with that 07, 14, and 16 team and that would have change Garretts legacy.

Romo and Dak wasn't good enough to overcome Garretts shortcoming and make deep runs. Mahomes is good enough.

It's Mahomes more than it's Reid, just like it was Brady more than it was Belicheck.

Ya'll really just see what you want to see don't ya? Nobody is defending Garrett. Ya'll just want to blame anybody you can for your favorite players short comings.
I think its a combination of coach and QB.....Reid had success with McNabb and ran into Bilicheck and Brady. nobody mistakes McNabb for anything special. Reid also had success with Smith, a very average QB. Mahomes is special no doubt and he hides a lot of warts in offensive scheme and play. and when the scheme is good, then it becomes special like in KC

I am not blaming anybody, perhaps you are too sensitive and only have Dak on your mind and any conversation with a connection to Dak becomes something different.....but garrett sucked. there is absolutely no denying that. its not seeing things. its seeing the obvious short comings.
would he have won with Mahomes. maybe. maybe not. its speculation. perhaps he would reach NFCCG and pull another defeat from jaws of victory as he often did.

TheMightyVanHalen

Reaction score
Tad is doing great now that he will never have to work another day in his life, assuming he has ever worked one to begin with. Notice how quiet he has been since Dak got his undeserved pay raise?

What a great brother he is. I would take up for my brother too and we're not as close like they are. And if I hit it big with a huge contract like Dak did, I would take care of my brother too. That just shows how close they are. You wouldn't do the same for your sibling??

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I think its a combination of coach and QB.....Reid had success with McNabb and ran into Bilicheck and Brady. nobody mistakes McNabb for anything special. Reid also had success with Smith, a very average QB. Mahomes is special no doubt and he hides a lot of warts in offensive scheme and play. and when the scheme is good, then it becomes special like in KC

I am not blaming anybody, perhaps you are too sensitive and only have Dak on your mind and any conversation with a connection to Dak becomes something different.....but garrett sucked. there is absolutely no denying that. its not seeing things. its seeing the obvious short comings.
would he have won with Mahomes. maybe. maybe not. its speculation. perhaps he would reach NFCCG and pull another defeat from jaws of victory as he often did.
Garrett sucks, I agree 100%, but Mahomes right now wins a ring in 07, 14, 16 with Garrett as the head coach.

It's all speculation and can never be known for sure, but that's just how I feel and how highly I think of Mahomes talent.

Corso

Reaction score
He surely does.....just glad to not agree with this guy on virtually every topic he’s opined on.

He needs to get checked into a VA hospital before he causes harm to someone....he’s a ticking time bomb
You too. I worry about you boogie bear!
You used to be funny and cool to read. Now you're just sour and bitter and ugly.

Corso

Reaction score
Isn't that what they call witzelsucht?
Uhhh... maybe?
Are you saying old boy lacks humor, or there's a lack of realization of sarcasm?

Either way, this guy has turned hard sour for the last few months when he used to be completely different in the way he posted his displeasure.
And he's only posted his displeasure, to be sure, but he used to be coy and funny about it.

Now it's just flat.