Why draft a back 4th overall if you’re not willing to pay him?

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Is it just me or didn’t they agree to pay him for five years when they drafted him number 4? Is it just me, or did he sign that agreement, take their money, break the agreement, agree to the new terms, take their money again, and now wants to break it again. Confusing right?

The bottom line is Zeke signed a contract. He’s the dummy who went and made himself an unmarketable product. He could be the face of the worlds most valuable sports franchise. How much would that be worth? He screwed that up. Not Jerry, not Dak, not the press, and not his agent. Ezekiel Elliot put himself in stupid positions, and showed the world his judgement is horrible and now he wants more money and can’t get it because he can’t be marketed such as guys like Emmitt Smith, Barry Sanders, Marcus Allen, or Beast Mode. This would be a non issue if Zeke wasn’t a typical D1 meathead who has felt self entitled ever since grade school because of what he can do with a football in his hands. Now it’s a make or break moment in his life and he’s choosing a losing strategy. Even if he gets paid by JJ, he will lose fans. Another sign of poor judgment. #21 should be so stacked with endorsements that he doesn’t care about his contract.He needs to man up, and take a reasonable offer before he ends up setting out of football for the next 4 years...
This...^^^

TwentyOne

Reaction score
All this handwringing over paying a 24 year old running back is ludicrous considering they spent a top 5 pick on him just a few seasons ago. All he’s done in 3 seasons is justify his draft position, and now we’re not willing to pay a back because of our philosophy? How does that make any sense?

They look like morons for taking him 4th overall if they’re not willing to pay him.

That what always the problem i had with this high pick.

You just dont draft RBs that high. Especially when you have other needs. We were lucky with Dak but should have had invested in a QB with our first.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Who says they are not paying Zeke?

Last I heard, they have offered Gurley money and are waiting for a counter offer.

I dont see the Cowboys bent out of shape over him wanting a new deal right now, maybe the Cowboys know he is the best back in the league and therefore he should be paid accordingly.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
That what always the problem i had with this high pick.

You just dont draft RBs that high. Especially when you have other needs. We were lucky with Dak but should have had invested in a QB with our first.
Romo had 5 more years. That's all I heard.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
All this handwringing over paying a 24 year old running back is ludicrous considering they spent a top 5 pick on him just a few seasons ago. All he’s done in 3 seasons is justify his draft position, and now we’re not willing to pay a back because of our philosophy? How does that make any sense?

They look like morons for taking him 4th overall if they’re not willing to pay him.

So your just now catching onto the fact the team is run by morons?

Silver N Blue

Reaction score

:hammer::hammer::hammer:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Very very simple logic actually. Although I was completely against taking him with the 4th overall pick. You take a guy in the first round so you have them locked up on the rookie scale for 5 years. Its called a contract. Both sides agree and sign it and then they have to honor it. Nothing complicated about it.

Justify his draft position? LOL He ruined the 2017 season for us all by himself. Now he is trying to do it again. The kid is a total and complete drunken moron.

I have absolutely no doubt whatsoever that if the Cowboys had to do it again, they would NOT take Zeke the moron.

LittleD

Reaction score

They are paying him and have extended him for his 5th year option. You don't pay RB's a second contract, no matter how good they are.
They go downhill fast. Keep drafting new ones every draft as RB's are dime a dozen players.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Very very simple logic actually. Although I was completely against taking him with the 4th overall pick. You take a guy in the first round so you have them locked up on the rookie scale for 5 years. Its called a contract. Both sides agree and sign it and then they have to honor it. Nothing complicated about it.

Justify his draft position? LOL He ruined the 2017 season for us all by himself. Now he is trying to do it again. The kid is a total and complete drunken moron.

I have absolutely no doubt whatsoever that if the Cowboys had to do it again, they would NOT take Zeke the moron.
They told us, they learned their lesson with Dez Bryant. Mister dyslexia. Now we have mister no class I can't stand the kid I can't give you enough likes for your comment. Go Cowboys. How do people not know that he screwed that entire season up. And he's going to do it again possibly

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Being willing to pay him doesn’t mean he has to be paid with 2 years left on his contract, nor does it mean they have to accept whatever his asking price is. Teams couldn’t manage the salary cap if that’s how they handled things. It’s called a negotiation for a reason.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The rookie seems to be playing well during practice. I would love for him to excel. Elliot who

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
They told us, they learned their lesson with Dez Bryant. Mister dyslexia. Now we have mister no class I can't stand the kid I can't give you enough likes for your comment. Go Cowboys. How do people not know that he screwed that entire season up. And he's going to do it again possibly

2 out of 4 seasons now all we are talking about is Zeke. The kid is a complete idiot. I could care less what he does on the football field. Trade his stupid … out of town. This franchise will be way better off without that kind of moron taking up 19 million a year.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score

To hopefully win a championship

/thread

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
2 out of 4 seasons now all we are talking about is Zeke. The kid is a complete idiot. I could care less what he does on the football field. Trade his stupid … out of town. This franchise will be way better off without that kind of moron taking up 19 million a year.
I don't know how people can't remember what he did in the Middle season. The team was in total turmoil we couldn't come up with a game plan until the last moment. Not knowing if you was going to play or not because of his stupid antics. Yeah pull up college girls sweater up over her head so everybody can see your breasts. That might be normal behavior to some. That was my daughter I kick his ***. And I'm capable

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Feed me, yeah I got something you can chew on

ESisback

Reaction score
We are, and have been. He's still under contract. 38 mil is what he'll be getting. And if we franchise him twice, he'll make over 70 mil. So, he is already getting paid quite handsomely.
While taking a RB so high in this age of pass happy offenses DOES seem kinda dumb, most teams assume a player won’t hold out, potentially derailing his team’s Super Bowl aspirations a full TWO YEARS before his rookie contract expires...

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I don't know how people can't remember what he did in the Middle season. The team was in total turmoil we couldn't come up with a game plan until the last moment. Not knowing if you was going to play or not because of his stupid antics. Yeah pull up college girls sweater up over her head so everybody can see your breasts. That might be normal behavior to some. That was my daughter I kick his ***. And I'm capable

There are two types that stick up for Zeke:

1. Casual fans that simply don't care and just want the pay whatever. "Its not my money" ect…..ect….
2. Fans that have something against owners or people that make good money and have some kind of sympathy for the players. Even though these players make millions as well.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score

if he signed the contract, why not finish it?