JJ 60%
DB 52%

Yards per Game
JJ 90
DB 52

Yards per Catch
JJ 16.4
DB 12.1
You made my point that Jones had a better chance to catch more passes because of his QB. Considering both players dropped about the same number of passes. This highlights both the receivers shortcomings last season and showed why one was more successful than the other in regards to the stats that you mentioned. Jones was more successful mostly because he had a more accurate and experienced QB.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Yeah, it got exposed when they switched to an inaccurate QB from the accurate one that Dez had success with, lol. No question that you can't defend Dez's drops, but you can't defend some of the passes that were sent in his direction that he nobody would have caught.

Say what you want about Ryan but he's better than Dak at this point in their careers.
Comparing Dak to Ryan is absolutely, completely laughable.

Congratulations, you've reached zero credibility in a single post.....zone record .

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Really? These faces have very worried and upset looks on them. Not that they can get fired, but the picture doesn’t match the comment.

Worried and upset? :muttley:

Stephen doesn't look the least bit concerned in that picture. He looks like he doesn't give a hoot about what's being said to him.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Worried and upset? :muttley:

Stephen doesn't look the least bit concerned in that picture. He looks like he doesn't give a hoot about what's being said to him.

Stephens look could be interpreted a few ways, including your take. I think in deep thought, or considering what to say could be interpretations as well. Jerry doesn’t look comfortable at all though.

TheDoctor

Reaction score
Put it in big bold letters

COWBOYS WILL SIGN DEZ TO CAP FRIENDLY CONTRACT BEFORE TRAINING CAMP.

Or will they?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Consider the teams that might be interested at the right price. Consider the teams that have prepared for him the last two seasons since his last contract. Think with a player that most feel is not the one he was 3 seasons ago, has always had this route running question and handled his release in exactly the wrong way and hasn't shown a lot of back off with that is going to be in high demand?

There are some players that the GMs and HC's sell themselves on and others they sell themselves off of and I think he's the latter with most of these potential new teams. One thing about what we know about Dez as a player but every one of these teams knows a hell of a lot more and would have done their due diligence.

He will sign but I think teams are waiting for him to accept what his value, guarantee, is going to be and that a team really needing a #!WR didn't even offer him a reduced contract. Think other GM's don't know how much Booger loves and defends his players and if he was willing to just walk away, that has to cause some to pause and think more about this. What don't we know?

Cap12

Reaction score
Comparing Dak to Ryan is absolutely, completely laughable.

Congratulations, you've reached zero credibility in a single post.....zone record .
How is it laughable? Do they play the same position? Yes. Are you stating it's laughable because Dak is better than Ryan or because Ryan is a former league MVP and veteran QB and Dak is a second year player? If the former, you are plain wrong. If the latter, then you can't make the Jones vs. Dez argument fair for Dez because you fail to build in the expectation that Dez is playing with a young QB who has not mastered making all of the throws he needs to be able to make in a consistent manner.

Seven

Reaction score
How is it laughable? Do they play the same position? Yes. Are you stating it's laughable because Dak is better than Ryan or because Ryan is a former league MVP and veteran QB and Dak is a second year player? If the former, you are plain wrong. If the latter, then you can't make the Jones vs. Dez argument fair for Dez because you fail to build in the expectation that Dez is playing with a young QB who has not mastered making all of the throws he needs to be able to make in a consistent manner.
First....I never, ever mentioned Jones vs. Dez. Show me where I wrote that. I'll eat it .

Secondly....YOU are comparing a seasoned, veteran QB to a second year, 4th round QB. Genius!!

And then, you throw in a receiver that Dez isn't even half as good as.
Brilliant!!

lukin2006

Reaction score
Maybe there is more to this Dez storey than we'll ever know. Maybe he was really cancerous in the locker room. Dez was not a captain? Correct? If captains were around when "the playmaker" was playing, he absolutely would have been a captain...

Cap12

Reaction score
First....I never, ever mentioned Jones vs. Dez. Show me where I wrote that. I'll eat it .

Secondly....YOU are comparing a seasoned, veteran QB to a second year, 4th round QB. Genius!!

And then, you throw in a receiver that Dez isn't even half as good as.
Brilliant!!
Then you are jumping into a conversation without the context. My points about Dak versus Ryan have to do with another OP making the Dez versus Julio comparison. Sorry, if I thought you were jumping in siding with the OP that none of Dez's accountability falls on who his QB is (in comparison to who Julio's QB is). Dez had not been playing up to the standards that were expected of him and a lot of that is on him... just not all of it as many seem to be indicating.

Anybody who knows anything about the NFL will tell you that Dez Bryant is a better player than Alan Hurns. Hurns comes at a better price tag and (potentially) fewer headaches, but to believe that this receiver corps is better today than it was last week is pretty laughable. If JJ/SJ/WM fail to help this team this season with the savings they got from cutting Dez and the WRs/Dak fail to get the job done, Garrett may not be the only one looking for a new job some time soon.

kskboys

Reaction score
Then you are jumping into a conversation without the context. My points about Dak versus Ryan have to do with another OP making the Dez versus Julio comparison. Sorry, if I thought you were jumping in siding with the OP that none of Dez's accountability falls on who his QB is (in comparison to who Julio's QB is). Dez had not been playing up to the standards that were expected of him and a lot of that is on him... just not all of it as many seem to be indicating.

Anybody who knows anything about the NFL will tell you that Dez Bryant is a better player than Alan Hurns. Hurns comes at a better price tag and (potentially) fewer headaches, but to believe that this receiver corps is better today than it was last week is pretty laughable. If JJ/SJ/WM fail to help this team this season with the savings they got from cutting Dez and the WRs/Dak fail to get the job done, Garrett may not be the only one looking for a new job some time soon.
Is he? That's debatable.

Seven

Reaction score

I agree with most of this due to my jury's still out on Alan. FTR I wasn't on board with releasing Dez . He's a good to great possession receiver,. IMO .

And just so you know, I generally don't gang up on posters. Not my gig.

Cap12

Reaction score
I agree with most of this due to my jury's still out on Alan. FTR I wasn't on board with releasing Dez . He's a good to great possession receiver,. IMO .

And just so you know, I generally don't gang up on posters. Not my gig.
Fair 'nuff. Thanks!

kskboys

Reaction score
Anything's debatable. Some positions are just easier to debate and I'm lazy, so I'll argue for Dez, lol.
Now this is frickin' funny!!!!!

Dez should be better than Hurns looking at his skillset, but I don't think he is at present.