Why hasn't Dez signed yet

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Julio Jones dropped a bunch of passes too. It's part of the game. Julio also has Matt Ryan throwing to him so he has a better chance of catching more passes that Dez did. Not defending Dez so much as pointing out that there were additional reasons that contributed to his lower than normal production over the last couple of seasons (and those reasons include injuries and having #4 throwing to him instead of #9).

Catch Rate
JJ 60%
DB 52%

Yards per Game
JJ 90
DB 52

Yards per Catch
JJ 16.4
DB 12.1

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
That he didn't like passes thrown way over his head or at his toes, lol.
What about the passes that hit his hands or damn near stuck in the facemask?

Slow, poor route runner that relied on natural, physically gifted athleticism and was eventually exposed .

You don't change the NFL......you get better or the NFL, WILL change you......

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Julio Jones dropped a bunch of passes too. It's part of the game. Julio also has Matt Ryan throwing to him so he has a better chance of catching more passes that Dez did. Not defending Dez so much as pointing out that there were additional reasons that contributed to his lower than normal production over the last couple of seasons (and those reasons include injuries and having #4 throwing to him instead of #9).
Really? Prove that. What's a bunch?

While most of this is true......Matt Ryan LOST that SB single handedly. Receiver be damned.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Honestly, I believe a team will sign him. I think he is too good. Not sure he will get paid what he wants but he will get an offer. Hopefully not an nfc east team.
And that's just what the 'talking heads' are saying, he doesn't warrant 6 million per year pretty much anywhere & he was adamant (pre boot)
That a pay cut wasn't an option in his book.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Dez is practically begging the Giants to sign him, he wants revenge so bad he doesn't want to play anywhere else but the NFC East and the Giants are the only option. Why?

The Eagles just won the SB and the last thing they want is some diva WR demanding Wentz/Foles throw him the ball. The Skins got Alex Smith at QB, not exactly a downfield passer, so Dez would get very little looks in that offense. So its pretty much the G-men or bust right now for Dez.

He might just sign for league minimum with the G-men if it comes down to it. He really doesn't care about the money at this point, he just wants to play Dallas twice next season and get revenge since he thinks the "Garrett guys" stabbed him in the back.

Last game of the Season is Dallas at Giants, you know Dez is having wet dreams thinking about knocking Dallas out of the playoff race by winning that game.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
Dez is practically begging the Giants to sign him, he wants revenge so bad he doesn't want to play anywhere else but the NFC East and the Giants are the only option. Why?

The Eagles just won the SB and the last thing they want is some diva WR demanding Wentz/Foles throw him the ball. The Skins got Alex Smith at QB, not exactly a downfield passer, so Dez would get very little looks in that offense. So its pretty much the G-men or bust right now for Dez.

He might just sign for league minimum with the G-men if it comes down to it. He really doesn't care about the money at this point, he just wants to play Dallas twice next season and get revenge since he thinks the "Garrett guys" stabbed him in the back.

Last game of the Season is Dallas at Giants, you know Dez is having wet dreams thinking about knocking Dallas out of the playoff race by winning that game.

Giants not interested lol i can't lie though I thought dez would be signed by now. No action at all.

mooseq

Reaction score
In a recent post on IG Dez responded to a fan and told him he has offers from Super Bowl contenders but right now he’s working on himself getting right

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I still wouldn't consider any of that a good move either.

You make decisions on NFL time, not when you get around to it after your vacation.

The look you give when you know you'll never be fired.

jerry-stephen.jpg

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
In a recent post on IG Dez responded to a fan and told him he has offers from Super Bowl contenders but right now he’s working on himself getting right
He'll get signed eventually. He should take his time and go someplace where he has a chance to win. Stay away from bad coaches and organizations.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The look you give when you know you'll never be fired.

jerry-stephen.jpg

Really? These faces have very worried and upset looks on them. Not that they can get fired, but the picture doesn’t match the comment.

Jipper

Reaction score

I call absolute BS...league minimum? Haha....if that was the case I'm sure he would have told the cowboys he would take a pay cut to stay in a good situation.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
The timing of his release has been a huge factor...teams are all in draft mode and there is no one of note that has signed since Dez was cut.

Once the draft is over and teams take a look at their needs there will a new round of signings and we will know where Dez's new home is. I think it is clear that he certainly is not going to break the bank anywhere, but will likely get a deal that pays him a reasonable amount.

Cap12

Reaction score
What about the passes that hit his hands or damn near stuck in the facemask?

Slow, poor route runner that relied on natural, physically gifted athleticism and was eventually exposed .

You don't change the NFL......you get better or the NFL, WILL change you......
Yeah, it got exposed when they switched to an inaccurate QB from the accurate one that Dez had success with, lol. No question that you can't defend Dez's drops, but you can't defend some of the passes that were sent in his direction that he nobody would have caught.

Say what you want about Ryan but he's better than Dak at this point in their careers.