Why hasn't Dez signed yet

Cap12

Reaction score
Now this is frickin' funny!!!!!

Dez should be better than Hurns looking at his skillset, but I don't think he is at present.

That is hard to quantify, but for his (brief) career, Hurns does not have the stats, accomplishments or accolades that Dez has. Obviously Hurns does not have the longevity to have Dez's production, but the fact that his second contract was with another team for a modest salary, while Dez has been a multiple pro-bowl receiver and had been widely considered one of the best in the game, I'll take the 1st round drafted player with the track record, with accomplishments over an undrafted guy who had 1 very good year out of four.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Really? These faces have very worried and upset looks on them. Not that they can get fired, but the picture doesn’t match the comment.

Oh,'really',,,REALLY?,,, the facial expressions impart the look of:
" is that a fact now? ,,,just you & whose army was that, you mentioned earlier? "

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Oh,'really',,,REALLY?,,, the facial expressions impart the look of:
" is that a fact now? ,,,just you & whose army was that, you mentioned earlier? "

You and whose army? They were talking to the press, not about to get in a bar fight. In any case, I don’t see it. Jerry looks like he’s about to explode.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
If there was a demand for Dez, there would be a massive rush to sign him quickly. There's just not.

If the Texans released Deandre Hopkins, he'd have 10 offers by midnight.
Your correct. Teams are not going to sit on there hands until after the draft if they really want Dez. If Dez is not signed by the draft, it tells me there is not huge interest in signing him.

Melonfeud

Reaction score
You and whose army? They were talking to the press, not about to get in a bar fight. In any case, I don’t see it. Jerry looks like he’s about to explode.
Fair enough, friend!
I just didn't see the fear& dread that you did,,,more like mildly expressed interest with an undertone of humour beneath the surface ready to erupt.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Fair enough, friend!
I just didn't see the fear& dread that you did,,,more like mildly expressed interest with an undertone of humour beneath the surface ready to erupt.

I wouldn’t call it fear and dread. I think I called it worried and upset before. In any case, I don’t see the looks on their faces as as a ease or omfortable or cocky because they know they can’t be fired.

Melonfeud

Reaction score
Now this is frickin' funny!!!!!

Dez should be better than Hurns looking at his skillset, but I don't think he is at present.
There was a member that posted up the last three season's numbers between, BRYANT &HURNS ,,,it's shockingly equal if not tilted favorably into HURNS corner as Dez's game& targeted passes were heavily sandbagged on #88's end.

Then I recall a post from another member,,, (I believe) about the actual numbers Dez has compiled against his 3 NFC east opponent's SINCE his payday contract & knowing they'll face him twice a year,,,it's rather compelling as to why nobody in the EAST is showing any interest in him.

Melonfeud

Reaction score
I wouldn’t call it fear and dread. I think I called it worried and upset before. In any case, I don’t see the looks on their faces as as a ease or omfortable or cocky because they know they can’t be fired.
I Copy:thumbup:

Verdict

Reaction score
There was a member that posted up the last three season's numbers between, BRYANT &HURNS ,,,it's shockingly equal if not tilted favorably into HURNS corner as Dez's game& targeted passes were heavily sandbagged on #88's end.

Then I recall a post from another member,,, (I believe) about the actual numbers Dez has compiled against his 3 NFC east opponent's SINCE his payday contract & knowing they'll face him twice a year,,,it's rather compelling as to why nobody in the EAST is showing any interest in him.
Catch Rate
JJ 60%
DB 52%

Yards per Game
JJ 90
DB 52

Yards per Catch
JJ 16.4
DB 12.1

Dez Bryant against the Giants in 2016.

2 games
2 catches
18 yards.

Irrelevant player.

Verdict

Reaction score
The timing of his release has been a huge factor...teams are all in draft mode and there is no one of note that has signed since Dez was cut.

Once the draft is over and teams take a look at their needs there will a new round of signings and we will know where Dez's new home is. I think it is clear that he certainly is not going to break the bank anywhere, but will likely get a deal that pays him a reasonable amount.

Cut Zac Martin in the morning and he would be resigned by the end of the day.

Cut Dez and you can make fun of his inability to get signed for an eternity. It must be really hard for the Dez Fan Bois right now.

CowboyChris

Reaction score

Cut Dez and you can make fun of his inability to get signed for an eternity. It must be really hard for the Dez Fan Bois right now.
I hate to say this...but him not signed anywhere kinda hurts...it could push a WR down to us somewhere in the draft. so I'm kinda hoping he signs before the draft.

coult44

Reaction score
Turn on your joke meter.

At first I was like this is not something you would say and be serious. , Then i read it a few times and was confused because of other conversations , so after turning off my confused and tired meter, the joke meter is back on lol. I mean I use the dirty woman joke a lot anyways lol

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think if he gets Hurns money he should consider himself very lucky. I think teams have been laughing at the Cowboys for keeping Dez around as long as we did.

He’ll get better than Hurns money, but he won’t get close to Watkins money.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score

Dumb comparison.

Martin is considered the best at his position coming into his prime and has no red flags.

Dez is considered a very good receiver that may be on the downside of his career and brings baggage along with his production.

Apples and oranges.

Verdict

Reaction score
Dumb comparison.

Martin is considered the best at his position coming into his prime and has no red flags.

Dez is considered a very good receiver that may be on the downside of his career and brings baggage along with his production.

Apples and oranges.

Dez is considered a piss poor receiver, who runs bad routes, has a ten cent brain, a mental midget and a cancer. It was a very good comparison which is why I made it.

Zac Martin wouod get scooped up tomorrow because teams want him. Dez can't get siigjed in 10 days because no on wants him.

Last edited:

kskboys

Reaction score
That is hard to quantify, but for his (brief) career, Hurns does not have the stats, accomplishments or accolades that Dez has. Obviously Hurns does not have the longevity to have Dez's production, but the fact that his second contract was with another team for a modest salary, while Dez has been a multiple pro-bowl receiver and had been widely considered one of the best in the game, I'll take the 1st round drafted player with the track record, with accomplishments over an undrafted guy who had 1 very good year out of four.
Dez has had 3 bad years running. I didn't know you were asking who had the better career, I thought we were discussing who is better at present.