Why hasn't Dez signed yet

erod

Reaction score
Ok so what's your point? I never said he wouldn't be ok? And the Cowboys didn't do him a favor. They should've cut him earlier if they wanted to do him a "favor".

Players don't matter? Alright. We will see lol.
They were trying to trade him for something in return for this disastrous contract.

$37 million should buy you that.

Again, they could have waited until June 1st and saved more cap space.

erod

Reaction score
I thought you were referring to him not signing anywhere in free agency yet.

I remember hearing Cowboys had trade offers that they rejected because they intended on keeping him. A lot of misinformation is out there like any news story in this country.

They rejected no trade offers. Not sure where you heard that. They received none according to ESPN and The Ticket.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
They were trying to trade him for something in return for this disastrous contract.

$37 million should buy you that.

Again, they could have waited until June 1st and saved more cap space.
They didn't want to wait until June 1st because they wanted the cap hit now and not later lol. Quit making up stuff to coddle your agenda.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Again, prove to me that any trade talks were taking place at all. Otherwise, it has no validity or merit.

I know for certain there were no reports of any team being given permission to talk to Dez about a contract.

What proof do you have that it was spite and there is no other possible explanation?

All you and I both have to go on is what's reported, and then give impressions from that. Ultimately, neither of us can prove what was going on behind the scenes, or what the Cowboys were thinking. And, again, at most the delay was maybe 2 1/2 weeks, and the one thing I do know is that spite isn't the only possible explanation for the timing of Dez's release.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Again, prove to me that any trade talks were taking place at all. Otherwise, it has no validity or merit.

I know for certain there were no reports of any team being given permission to talk to Dez about a contract.
Dez be released. He needs permission to talk to a team?

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I don't know what's been reported recently but on the day Dez was cut ESPN reported that the Cowboys had trade offers and declined them.
I wonder if the trade(s) was so crappy, they decided to just let Dez decide where he wants to go, instead of plunking him somewhere he would never want to be.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Sensitive little flower, focus on football. Granddad will be proud of you.
You can't take it personal and then scream out "sensitive little flower" lol. Not how life works buddy. My grandad is dead but when he was alive he never talked like that but once again......TRY AGAIN.

jrumann59

Reaction score
I do not think it was spite per se, I think they were trying to leverage Dez. The held on to him thinking as all the signings happening like Watkins, Robinson, Richardson etc, he would maybe accept a pay cut. Ultimately I think when the team say the deals being signed and the values on them they realized they lost leverage and right now the best move was to cut him. I do not know if Roc Nation made it be known he would never accept a pay cut. The timing was unfortunate and I really do not think that was what got Dez fired up I think, and I believe there are a few snakes in the Dallas organization that say one thing to cameras and do other things behind the scenes. Too many players have said as much.

erod

Reaction score
I don't know what's been reported recently but on the day Dez was cut ESPN reported that the Cowboys had trade offers and declined them.

Those trade offers likely required that Dallas eat a bunch of that contract and only get a 6th or 7th in return.

A release can be better than a trade.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I wonder if the trade(s) was so crappy, they decided to just let Dez decide where he wants to go, instead of plunking him somewhere he would never want to be.

I mean in my mind it was for a 6th or a 7th rounder. They never stated what it was.......I don't think it was much though. I'm sure the Raiders got similar deals for Crabtree and the Packers probably got similar deals for Jordy Nelson and those clubs too decided to cut their guys. They just did it far earlier in the offseason.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Those trade offers likely required that Dallas eat a bunch of that contract and only get a 6th or 7th in return.

A release can be better than a trade.
I don't disagree. But you were saying the Cowboys didn't have any offers or they didn't decline any. Based on what's been reported that's not true. They held on to him instead of trading him.

Swagger

Reaction score
Commanders have Alex Smith who is a better version of Prescott so why would he want to go there whilst the Eagles and Giants do not need him.

I would like to see him join the Packers so we can all see if it was Prescott or Dez's fault for the STATE of their lack of chemistry last season. I have an idea of the answer in my head but I would be keen to see how it plays out...

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I mean in my mind it was for a 6th or a 7th rounder. They never stated what it was.......I don't think it was much though. I'm sure the Raiders got similar deals for Crabtree and the Packers probably got similar deals for Jordy Nelson and those clubs too decided to cut their guys. They just did it far earlier in the offseason.
I think you're kind of on board with my guess... Nice!

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What proof do you have that it was spite and there is no other possible explanation?

The fact that they waited until the last day and the complete lack of other explanations. Other than some fans trying to invent things so they can feel better.

All you and I both have to go on is what's reported, and then give impressions from that. Ultimately, neither of us can prove what was going on behind the scenes, or what the Cowboys were thinking. And, again, at most the delay was maybe 2 1/2 weeks, and the one thing I do know is that spite isn't the only possible explanation for the timing of Dez's release.

If I saw another one, maybe I'd think differently. But there isn't one.

erod

Reaction score
I don't disagree. But you were saying the Cowboys didn't have any offers or they didn't decline any. Based on what's been reported that's not true. They held on to him instead of trading him.

They did not have any legitimate trade offers. Just vulture offers.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score