Why hasn't Dez signed yet

erod

Reaction score
Of course not. Dez is 30 years old. He's not in his prime anymore. Why on earth would he get a big deal at this point in his career? Even if it is a cheap deal...its a deal. I'm not sure what you are even arguing at this point.
Me? Lol

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
Lol thanks, and you and the fellow fans on this forum are awsome. Much like the old forum.

foofighters

Reaction score
It's "our fault" that they waited until free agency was essentially dried up to release him. "Oh please" that fact.
Nah, Oh please still stands. He made his bed. He'll get a "prove it" deal and the ball will be in his corner. If does what he's supposed to, he'll get good money the following year.

dueyhemlock

Hog Hunter
Reaction score
Dez got screwed by being released so late into the offseason.

This was not about Dez's release. This was the Cowboys trying to get some value from him before they had to release him (off season training).
They played their hand wrong from the get go and teams knew he was to be released.
No premium picks,
No low end picks,
Not even a bag of chips.

His release time was not a slap (getting screwed) by the Cowboys.
Granted a release at the start of free agency would have been beneficial to Dez, they owed him nothing.

He got an awesome rookie deal, still needed help with his bills (jewelers debt).
An awesome free agent contract w/ a large amount of guaranteed money.
All that babysitting and who knows what else ???
Not to mention all of his " emotional/team leader traits" our team dealt with.

Some of you and Dez need to realize, playing football has a somewhat short shelf life, Dez is starting to find out just how short.
Deal with it and move on.
Our Boys, not Dez, have alot of football left.
Looking to the horizon

hut, hut, hut, hut
off sides, 5 yards

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
This was not about Dez's release. This was the Cowboys trying to get some value from him before they had to release him (off season training).
They played their hand wrong from the get go and teams knew he was to be released.
No premium picks,
No low end picks,
Not even a bag of chips.

Granted a release at the start of free agency would have been beneficial to Dez, they owed him nothing.

He got an awesome rookie deal, still needed help with his bills (jewelers debt).

Some of you and Dez need to realize, playing football has a somewhat short shelf life, Dez is starting to find out just how short.
Looking to the horizon

hut, hut, hut, hut
off sides, 5 yards
Just perfect this into haiku format and MUAH!!!

Praxit

Reaction score
... maybe the word is out, that its not about big time players anymore. At least not how it use to be. Get 2 above avg Joe's, who can move the chains for the price of one. Most teams only win 1 SB anyways, then its someone else.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
No he said I'll see you twice next year because he was frustrated and p'o'd at what happened. He was speaking out of frustration. He should know his best chance to succeed and win a ring is not any of these teams in the NFC East except maybe the Eagirls.
That is also true but it doesn't contradict what I said.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
I don't believe for a minute that Dez is sifting through offers. I don't think teams are too busy to sign Dez. If we cut Zac Martin at noon he would have a visit or a contract by 5:00 even if the draft were tomorrow.

It appears that only one team has expressed interest in Dez (if that is even true) and that is purported to be the Ravens. Dez has been pretty vocal about being all butt hurt about being cut. You would also expect him to be talking about teams clammoring for his services if that were the case.
Dez is done, these things are not difficult to see, we know it and the teams know it.

Imagine brass bringing Dez into their org only to find out hes dumber and slower than they thought he was. They don't want to look silly. He will play somewhere, and he better bring all he has left in him or he will soon be gone from the NFL.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Its been almost a week now and he hasn't signed anywhere, it sounded to me like an NFC East team was all but ready to get him when he said he looks forward to playing us twice a year.

He also hasn't visited with any team either.

thoughts?

DO you know that week where players that were not good enough to be signed immediately as UDFAs but have to come in for a workout after teams have signed the initial UDFAs?

Dez is after the guys that are after the UDFAs...

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Teama are interested but why rush anything before the draft? Most teams formulate a plan ahead of free agency and he wasn't a part of it. probably will take some time to let the circus calm down before they bring him in.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I'd say that the Cowboys did him absolutely no favors in waiting until they did to release him.

Its kinda dirty what the Cowboys did to Dez, waiting 10 days before the draft to release him.

Players take notice of that kind of stuff around the league.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
No premium picks,
No low end picks,
Not even a bag of chips.

Looking to the horizon

hut, hut, hut, hut
off sides, 5 yards
Regardless of what they tried to do.....fact I'd, Dez got screwed.

rkell87

Reaction score
Late to the party but in case it hasn't been said, releasing him this close to the draft and this long after free agency was an extremely shrewd and Machiavellian move. We severely hurt Dez's prospects, teams that wanted a top Receiver didn't evaluate Dez against the other available receivers, this close to the draft it makes sense for teams to wait to see what they get in the draft. The NFC east is most likely not going be in play for him, most of the top QBs aren't going to be an option now unless he drops his asking price considerably.

This is a great move for Garrett, Dez has to get paid less than he's worth to play with a good QB, or get paid market value to play with a bottom 15 QB.

I hope he goes to a top 5 QB and blows up Garrett after every game. Seriously we ****ed Dez over as hard as we possibly could.

CapnB

Reaction score
I didnt come around these parts then. But did Romo get as many threads started after leaving the team as Dez has? Just curious.

dueyhemlock

Hog Hunter
Reaction score
Regardless of what they tried to do.....fact I'd, Dez got screwed.

The "little" response I left about Dez's screw job could not have been any clearer.
Dez has had an overly amount of everything (except screwing over) from the Cowboys.
At some point, the team has to look out for their own interest.

You know, they could have waited for a time during training camp. Another team has a key WR injury and shabam...hello draft pick.
Of course, that chances an injury to Dez as well...catch 22.

I know that some on here will never see the light of day even though they're laying on the beach covered w/ sunburn.

Aloe lotion anyone?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The "little" response I left about Dez's screw job could not have been any clearer.
Dez has had an overly amount of everything (except screwing over) from the Cowboys.
At some point, the team has to look out for their own interest.

You know, they could have waited for a time during training camp. Another team has a key WR injury and shabam...hello draft pick.
Of course, that chances an injury to Dez as well...catch 22.

I know that some on here will never see the light of day even though they're laying on the beach covered w/ sunburn.

Aloe lotion anyone?
Yeah and if they would've waited until training camp that too would've screwed him. Dez was homegrown talent. I'm not upset they let him go. I get the theory behind why you would do it. It should've been handled far better. Newman and Scandrick got more respect than this.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I'd say a combination... Too close to the draft and being that this is Dez's first time in free agency, he's also taking time to weigh his options.

Exactly ...I said before if I'm Dez, I'm in no hurry. Take a nice extended vacation and relax......I'm guessing at least couple teams have him hold until after the draft.