Why I have more anxiety for this game than any other

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
Nobody dislikes the previous owners of the Eagles (the guy in charge when buddy was coach) more than eagles fans.

He was a bad owner.

He didn't endorse Buddy Ryan's antics: he was too busy gambling his money away, and trying to move the team to Arizona or LA to cover his debts to even pay attention to what was going on the field.

The Eagles and 9ers may be our biggest rivals, but with all the scumbag goings on in the last 20 years from Dan Snyder to Robert Kraft cheating and getting "rubbed down" , nobody can disparage the Eagles or Giants owners....they are some of the most well respected and clean owners the league has ever known. No "sexual assault allegations " on those guys (ahem).....the worst things you can point to on those teams current owners for last 25 years is that they changed the teams colors (eagles) or hired an inept coach or two (giants).

The NFL was the wild west in the 70s and 80s. Just a more thug culture in general.

Before we get too upitty.....what's the over/under on the fans in HERE on Sunday making posts rooting/hoping Eagle players are injured. I see them every week in here...especially when we lose, or when SF or Philly come up. I say if we are winning we'll see 7 posts looking to "take players out". If we're losing at least 15 posts calling to break legs and end seasons.

Stop whining....forget the previous generation's actions....enjoy the game.
So insanely obvious

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
I am in the same camp as you guys. I will watch the game with tempered enthusiasm.
Wish I could do that. I watch Cowboys games holding my breath waiting for the Cowboys to commit a stupid penalty or fumble the ball away on their own 5-yard line, or throw an interception, or for the refs to call some never-before-called penalty and lose the game.

Not nearly as much fun as watching 30 years or more ago....

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
When playing a top team on the road, I feel no anxiety. I hope to play well and win, but the reality is that we are supposed to lose in Philly. The gambling books understand this stuff better than any NFL “experts” when picking games. When the Eagles came to Dallas, that’s a game we are supposed to win. I temper my expectations this way. If we win Sunday, I’ll be surprised and elated. If we lose a close game, that’s what was supposed to happen and I look forward to hosting them in Texas.
You're right. I'm not as stressed anymore. With the Eagles, especially when we're on the road, a whole bunch of ugly history shows up in my memory. I had to vent. I'm not so worried about it anymore. It's not like there's anything I can do about it. I've gone back to putting my energy into things I can actually control.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
You're right. I'm not as stressed anymore. With the Eagles, especially when we're on the road, a whole bunch of ugly history shows up in my memory. I had to vent. I'm not so worried about it anymore. It's not like there's anything I can do about it. I've gone back to putting my energy into things I can actually control.
I’ll feel lots of anxiety throughout the game….every 3rd and 4th down on defense. Every offensive drive if the OL isn’t holding down the fort. But anyone outside of the team who expects us to win against the Eagles in Philly isn’t being logical. The Eagles are supposed to win a close game according to Vegas. Barring injuries, when they come to Dallas, we will be expected to win a close game.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
I’ll feel lots of anxiety throughout the game….every 3rd and 4th down on defense. Every offensive drive if the OL isn’t holding down the fort. But anyone outside of the team who expects us to win against the Eagles in Philly isn’t being logical. The Eagles are supposed to win a close game according to Vegas. Barring injuries, when they come to Dallas, we will be expected to win a close game.
I've got to respect how the Commanders have played them recently. They took their game with them into overtime. That gives me some hope.

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
So insanely insane
Nonsensical rant sucking up to the Eagles and Giants owner and attacking Cowboys fans for your own made up theory about wishing for injuries you made up during an Eagles preseason game no one here cared about. In another thread you got called out as an obvious Eagles fan too weak to own up and not capable of concealing your obvious identity. Can’t even fool anyone on an anonymous message board. Says a lot about your limited ability

Point-of-the-Star

Reaction score
So that I don't have to be quoted for an explanation of my true feelings let me put them out here as clearly as I can:

I despise the Philthy Beagle dog organization , I despise the fans there, I despise the city. I won't even make flight connections through that cesspool city. I will refrain from using the word hate.

My handle on other NFL boards is plainly : "Eagles R. Guano !

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
Nonsensical rant sucking up to the Eagles and Giants owner and attacking Cowboys fans for your own made up theory about wishing for injuries you made up during an Eagles preseason game no one here cared about. In another thread you got called out as an obvious Eagles fan too weak to own up and not capable of concealing your obvious identity. Can’t even fool anyone on an anonymous message board. Says a lot about your limited ability
Calm down. You're getting all worked up into a tizzy again. I'm just here to entertain and educate.... don't be so paranoid.

P.s. I'm on record as saying the Giants irk me more than any other team. But I can also rationally think/discuss it....and say that the owners there seem to be good owners and do their best to support the team, while encouraging a good and decent culture for the organization and fans and players. But.....I don't let my emotions rule my judgement, because that's not how smart, level-headed men approach life. Happy Halloween!

Last edited:

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
Calm down. You're getting all worked up into a tizzy again. I'm just here to entertain and educate.... don't be so paranoid.
You actually have been banned multiple times in your tizzying. Because you’re an Eagles troll who can’t even conceal your intent on an anonymous message board. My seven year old is more capable than you

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
You actually have been banned multiple times in your tizzying. Because you’re an Eagles troll who can’t even conceal your intent on an anonymous message board. My seven year old is more capable than you
No I got banned because I didn't understand the rules....and there a quite a few rules here! Not gonna whine and complain about the refs though....errrrr I mean mods. That was my fault, for never taking the time to acquaint myself of the rules! So then, I found the site rules, read/memorized....and now I have become one of the best citizens on this board....and doing my part to offer my LEADERSHIP to encourage others to follow my example.

I'm considering becoming a staff member, to ensure you all have exactly what you deserve here.

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
No I got banned because I didn't understand the rules....and there a quite a few rules here! Not gonna whine and complain about the refs though....errrrr I mean mods. That was my fault, for never taking the time to acquaint myself of the rules! So then, I found the site rules, read/memorized....and now I have become one of the best citizens on this board....and doing my part to offer my LEADERSHIP to encourage others to follow my example.

I'm considering becoming a staff member, to ensure you all have exactly what you deserve here.
They all know you’re a troll though. No one needs your assistance and most everyone knows you’re playing pretend because I make fun of you and embarrass you over and over and you’re not capable of hiding it. Because you’re bad at something this easy. Imagine how hard and sad your life must be for this to be how you choose to spend your time. Trolling on a rivals message board because no one gives you attention. I’m sure they’re happy to share their horse poop and teach you all sorts of ways to use your middle finger but you just can’t get along with others and are such an extreme loser you spend all your time here.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
They all know you’re a troll though. No one needs your assistance and most everyone knows you’re playing pretend because I make fun of you and embarrass you over and over and you’re not capable of hiding it. Because you’re bad at something this easy. Imagine how hard and sad your life must be for this to be how you choose to spend your time. Trolling on a rivals message board because no one gives you attention. I’m sure they’re happy to share their horse poop and teach you all sorts of ways to use your middle finger but you just can’t get along with others and are such an extreme loser you spend all your time here.
Awwww....that's not very nice! Well if personal insults and attacks make you feel better, even though they're against site rules, have at it.

Happy Halloween!

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
When the E-Goons' Buddy Ryan placed bounties on players, and even one on a kicker, to deliberately try to injure players, that was an offense so egregious, the team, and everyone who participated in that, should have been kicked out of the league. None of those participants should have been allowed to seek any kind of employment with any NFL team or broadcaster of NFL games. They shouldn't have been allowed to apply for a job at a hot dog stand at any NFL stadium. Then the City of Brotherly Trashiness should have been banned from ever getting another NFL team, and make that ban count for Philly and a surrounding 100-mile region. The team's fans earned getting kicked out again when they cheered for Michael Irvin getting a career-ending injury. And they earned it yet again when they booed their own first-found draft choice, Donovan McNabb, who is a fine human being and was an excellent player. They wanted someone else, so they decided to humiliate the man in front of his whole family.
Okay, maybe a team can't control what their fans do. At the bare minimum, Buddy Ryan, and every player who supported it, should have been kicked out of the NFL. Did Ryan and this thugs learn from their crime? Not at all. They did a Bounty Bowl II against Cowboy players. Then, the very next year, in 1990, they played a similar game against Washington dubbed the "Body Bag Game," in which they deliberately injured 9 players, including Washington's starting quarterback and their backup. So then the league got off their duffs and punished Ryan, right? Nope! The league did NOTHING to punish the most unsportsmanlike behavior that ever happened in the NFL.
And to be clear: I was kidding about completely throwing the Eagles out of the league. What I'm not kidding about is how disgusting their fans behavior has been. I'm also not kidding that Ryan, and every player or coach who supported the Bounty Bowls and the Body Bag game, should have been kicked out of the league. Also, ban them from any NFL broadcasting career, if that's legally possible. The league had the power to kick Ryan, and participating thugs, out of the league. But they didn't so much as give them a slap-on-the-wrist punishment. Deliberate attempts to injure a player have no place in the game. If two teams play hard, play fair, and according to the rules, but someone accidentally gets hurt, that's one thing. It's a bummer, but we can live with it. But a deliberate attempt to injure someone is way over the line.
I passionately wanted the Cowboys to beat the 49ers because they're an extremely good team, and a victory would have meant a lot. However, they're a good, solid organization that I respect. However, I don't respect the Eagles, and especially not their fans. It's not that they don't have a good team. Their team is excellent. It's bad enough when fans do disgusting things. However, those things are usually beyond a team's control. However, this is a team whose head coach, and many players, egregiously violated the rules, sportsmanship, and even the law. What Ryan did amounted to conspiracy to commit assault. After the league would have kicked him out of the NFL, he should have been prosecuted and sent to prison. That's what would happen to you or I. Imagine if at your place of work there was some coworker whom you could not stand. Hey, it happens. We have to make the best of it. However, if you put together a plan to have your coworker assaulted, you absolutely would have been prosecuted for it.
I always want my team to play well and to win. However, with the Eagles, it goes deeper. They're a disgusting and an evil organization. When the NFL was too spineless to punish Buddy Ryan, the Eagles organization could have. If they had immediately fired Buddy Ryan for the Bounty Bowl I, I would respect them. If they had done so after the Bounty Bowl II, I could live with that. I could even live with it if they had fired him after the Body Bag Bowl. It would have been delayed justice, but nevertheless justice. By not punishing Ryan in any way, the Eagles organization endorsed his thug-like behavior.
Plenty of awful stuff happens in real life. I won't go into any of that, as to heed the "no politics" rule of the site, a rule which I support, so I'll keep this about just the NFL. Many CZ members, myself included, once played sports on some level. We were taught sportsmanship. We learned you don't taunt the other team. You take responsibility for your play on the field without whining. You love your teammates like family, and you show respect to your opponent. You can have the toughest, hardest-fought game of your life, and then hang out with your team, and even with the opposing team, afterwards. They're your opponents, not your enemies. But, more important than any of this, you do not deliberately try to hurt another player. That's one of the worst, most-disgusting things any player could do. But the Philadelphia Eagles organization actually endorsed doing exactly that, and they've never shown any remorse for it. In their failure to condemn Buddy Ryan's disgusting actions, they supported them.
To be fair, I'll state that the current Eagles Coach, Nick Sirianni, is not the thug that Buddy Ryan was, not is he responsible for what Buddy Ryan did, nor are any of the Eagles' current players. However, in their failure to punish, or even to condemn, Ryan's actions, the Eagles organization endorsed them. And Eagles fans continue their atrocious behavior, treating it as normal to bully and assault opposing fans in their stadium. In last year's NFC Championship, they harassed and threatened Brock Purdy's girlfriend to the point where she was in tears and felt her life was in danger. Then, after the game, Eagles fans went online to social media groups and joked about how hilarious that supposedly was, and that it would have been even funnier if she had gotten sexually assaulted at the game. Do I even need to say that this has no place in the game? I think everyone here knows that. If any Cowboy fan ever behaved like that, I would be all over his case, and I would call the cops on him, if necessary.
This is why I feel anxiety in the pit of my stomach about the upcoming game. While I actually do respect Coach Sirianni and his players, I do not respect the Eagles organization or their fans. They're the only organization in the league that I don't respect. So, while I was kidding about kicking the whole organization out of the league, I do think that's what they and their thug fans deserve. It's just not practical to do. What should have happened was that they got properly punished for their contempt of sportsmanship and league rules, and for their crimes.
I will be honest I liked Buddy Ryan. It was fun every time he came to town. It wasn't dull or boring. I remember when he choked on a pork chop. Then when they came to Dallas to play us we threw porkchops at him. Football was just fun especially when the tide turned and we started beating the Eagles consistently. When that rivalry started we stunk. We just weren't a good team when the Eagles were starting to click. But before long Jimmy Johnson had our talent peeking in Buddy was left with bounties over victories.