Why I have more anxiety for this game than any other

plasticman

Reaction score
Any Cowboys fan should be anxious about this game. It's like getting your report card from school. This game will tell us if our hopes were a complete fantasy or a possible reality.

This game has important seeding ramifications. The winner will be in the driver's seat for the division title and a top seeding.

Games like this is why beer was invented.

pitt33

Reaction score
I apologize for my negativity, but I'm concerned about the heathen refs. I don't believe it will be a fair game.
Don’t apologize.

Especially on this site. We’re all in this together.

And the refs should be your least concern regarding this game. The refs are not biased. Not sure where that comes from. They get reviewed just like we do at work. Do they make mistakes? Sure. We all do. In many instances it has a way of working itself out as the game unfolds.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Evil organization? They are no worse than a organization run by whoremonger who refuses to hire qualified personnel. A once proud team held ruined by ego and nepotism.
Oh, there's plenty of things that Jerry Jones has screwed up, but at least he's never endorsed bounties. He's never encouraged deliberate attempts to injure other players. The way he treated Tom Landry was extremely messed up, but at least he admitted it. When asked about it, he said that he gave himself a letter grade of an "F" for how he handled it. He also admitted that some of his trades (late 90s - Galloway, WR Roy Williams) were big mistakes. He shows at least some ability to learn from his mistakes, so that's something. Now, if only he would admit that it's a mistake for him to continue to be the GM instead of hiring someone more qualified .... I suppose one can hope. In short, I agree with you that Jones is not even close to being the best GM in the league, and he's made big messes. But I don't think he's a criminal. Buddy Ryan was. If there's any doubt left about that one, Ryan actually punched his own offensive coordinator when when he was the Oilers' D-coordinator. It was criminal when Ryan paid players to assault people, and it was criminal when Ryan assaulted another coach himself. Yet the league STILL didn't kick him out of the NFL.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
I apologize for my negativity, but I'm concerned about the heathen refs. I don't believe it will be a fair game.
Just for my knowledge....has their EVER been a game we lost, where the overall sentiment in here was that the game was officiated fairly?

Even on most of out wins.....all I see is that " we got screwed by the refs"

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
When the E-Goons' Buddy Ryan placed bounties on players, and even one on a kicker, to deliberately try to injure players, that was an offense so egregious, the team, and everyone who participated in that, should have been kicked out of the league. None of those participants should have been allowed to seek any kind of employment with any NFL team or broadcaster of NFL games. They shouldn't have been allowed to apply for a job at a hot dog stand at any NFL stadium. Then the City of Brotherly Trashiness should have been banned from ever getting another NFL team, and make that ban count for Philly and a surrounding 100-mile region. The team's fans earned getting kicked out again when they cheered for Michael Irvin getting a career-ending injury. And they earned it yet again when they booed their own first-found draft choice, Donovan McNabb, who is a fine human being and was an excellent player. They wanted someone else, so they decided to humiliate the man in front of his whole family.
Okay, maybe a team can't control what their fans do. At the bare minimum, Buddy Ryan, and every player who supported it, should have been kicked out of the NFL. Did Ryan and this thugs learn from their crime? Not at all. They did a Bounty Bowl II against Cowboy players. Then, the very next year, in 1990, they played a similar game against Washington dubbed the "Body Bag Game," in which they deliberately injured 9 players, including Washington's starting quarterback and their backup. So then the league got off their duffs and punished Ryan, right? Nope! The league did NOTHING to punish the most unsportsmanlike behavior that ever happened in the NFL.
And to be clear: I was kidding about completely throwing the Eagles out of the league. What I'm not kidding about is how disgusting their fans behavior has been. I'm also not kidding that Ryan, and every player or coach who supported the Bounty Bowls and the Body Bag game, should have been kicked out of the league. Also, ban them from any NFL broadcasting career, if that's legally possible. The league had the power to kick Ryan, and participating thugs, out of the league. But they didn't so much as give them a slap-on-the-wrist punishment. Deliberate attempts to injure a player have no place in the game. If two teams play hard, play fair, and according to the rules, but someone accidentally gets hurt, that's one thing. It's a bummer, but we can live with it. But a deliberate attempt to injure someone is way over the line.
I passionately wanted the Cowboys to beat the 49ers because they're an extremely good team, and a victory would have meant a lot. However, they're a good, solid organization that I respect. However, I don't respect the Eagles, and especially not their fans. It's not that they don't have a good team. Their team is excellent. It's bad enough when fans do disgusting things. However, those things are usually beyond a team's control. However, this is a team whose head coach, and many players, egregiously violated the rules, sportsmanship, and even the law. What Ryan did amounted to conspiracy to commit assault. After the league would have kicked him out of the NFL, he should have been prosecuted and sent to prison. That's what would happen to you or I. Imagine if at your place of work there was some coworker whom you could not stand. Hey, it happens. We have to make the best of it. However, if you put together a plan to have your coworker assaulted, you absolutely would have been prosecuted for it.
I always want my team to play well and to win. However, with the Eagles, it goes deeper. They're a disgusting and an evil organization. When the NFL was too spineless to punish Buddy Ryan, the Eagles organization could have. If they had immediately fired Buddy Ryan for the Bounty Bowl I, I would respect them. If they had done so after the Bounty Bowl II, I could live with that. I could even live with it if they had fired him after the Body Bag Bowl. It would have been delayed justice, but nevertheless justice. By not punishing Ryan in any way, the Eagles organization endorsed his thug-like behavior.
Plenty of awful stuff happens in real life. I won't go into any of that, as to heed the "no politics" rule of the site, a rule which I support, so I'll keep this about just the NFL. Many CZ members, myself included, once played sports on some level. We were taught sportsmanship. We learned you don't taunt the other team. You take responsibility for your play on the field without whining. You love your teammates like family, and you show respect to your opponent. You can have the toughest, hardest-fought game of your life, and then hang out with your team, and even with the opposing team, afterwards. They're your opponents, not your enemies. But, more important than any of this, you do not deliberately try to hurt another player. That's one of the worst, most-disgusting things any player could do. But the Philadelphia Eagles organization actually endorsed doing exactly that, and they've never shown any remorse for it. In their failure to condemn Buddy Ryan's disgusting actions, they supported them.
To be fair, I'll state that the current Eagles Coach, Nick Sirianni, is not the thug that Buddy Ryan was, not is he responsible for what Buddy Ryan did, nor are any of the Eagles' current players. However, in their failure to punish, or even to condemn, Ryan's actions, the Eagles organization endorsed them. And Eagles fans continue their atrocious behavior, treating it as normal to bully and assault opposing fans in their stadium. In last year's NFC Championship, they harassed and threatened Brock Purdy's girlfriend to the point where she was in tears and felt her life was in danger. Then, after the game, Eagles fans went online to social media groups and joked about how hilarious that supposedly was, and that it would have been even funnier if she had gotten sexually assaulted at the game. Do I even need to say that this has no place in the game? I think everyone here knows that. If any Cowboy fan ever behaved like that, I would be all over his case, and I would call the cops on him, if necessary.
This is why I feel anxiety in the pit of my stomach about the upcoming game. While I actually do respect Coach Sirianni and his players, I do not respect the Eagles organization or their fans. They're the only organization in the league that I don't respect. So, while I was kidding about kicking the whole organization out of the league, I do think that's what they and their thug fans deserve. It's just not practical to do. What should have happened was that they got properly punished for their contempt of sportsmanship and league rules, and for their crimes.
Nobody dislikes the previous owners of the Eagles (the guy in charge when buddy was coach) more than eagles fans.

He was a bad owner.

He didn't endorse Buddy Ryan's antics: he was too busy gambling his money away, and trying to move the team to Arizona or LA to cover his debts to even pay attention to what was going on the field.

The Eagles and 9ers may be our biggest rivals, but with all the scumbag goings on in the last 20 years from Dan Snyder to Robert Kraft cheating and getting "rubbed down" , nobody can disparage the Eagles or Giants owners....they are some of the most well respected and clean owners the league has ever known. No "sexual assault allegations " on those guys (ahem).....the worst things you can point to on those teams current owners for last 25 years is that they changed the teams colors (eagles) or hired an inept coach or two (giants).

The NFL was the wild west in the 70s and 80s. Just a more thug culture in general.

Before we get too upitty.....what's the over/under on the fans in HERE on Sunday making posts rooting/hoping Eagle players are injured. I see them every week in here...especially when we lose, or when SF or Philly come up. I say if we are winning we'll see 7 posts looking to "take players out". If we're losing at least 15 posts calling to break legs and end seasons.

Stop whining....forget the previous generation's actions....enjoy the game.

jgboys1

Reaction score

blueblood70

Reaction score
When the E-Goons' Buddy Ryan placed bounties on players, and even one on a kicker, to deliberately try to injure players, that was an offense so egregious, the team, and everyone who participated in that, should have been kicked out of the league. None of those participants should have been allowed to seek any kind of employment with any NFL team or broadcaster of NFL games. They shouldn't have been allowed to apply for a job at a hot dog stand at any NFL stadium. Then the City of Brotherly Trashiness should have been banned from ever getting another NFL team, and make that ban count for Philly and a surrounding 100-mile region. The team's fans earned getting kicked out again when they cheered for Michael Irvin getting a career-ending injury. And they earned it yet again when they booed their own first-found draft choice, Donovan McNabb, who is a fine human being and was an excellent player. They wanted someone else, so they decided to humiliate the man in front of his whole family.
Okay, maybe a team can't control what their fans do. At the bare minimum, Buddy Ryan, and every player who supported it, should have been kicked out of the NFL. Did Ryan and this thugs learn from their crime? Not at all. They did a Bounty Bowl II against Cowboy players. Then, the very next year, in 1990, they played a similar game against Washington dubbed the "Body Bag Game," in which they deliberately injured 9 players, including Washington's starting quarterback and their backup. So then the league got off their duffs and punished Ryan, right? Nope! The league did NOTHING to punish the most unsportsmanlike behavior that ever happened in the NFL.
And to be clear: I was kidding about completely throwing the Eagles out of the league. What I'm not kidding about is how disgusting their fans behavior has been. I'm also not kidding that Ryan, and every player or coach who supported the Bounty Bowls and the Body Bag game, should have been kicked out of the league. Also, ban them from any NFL broadcasting career, if that's legally possible. The league had the power to kick Ryan, and participating thugs, out of the league. But they didn't so much as give them a slap-on-the-wrist punishment. Deliberate attempts to injure a player have no place in the game. If two teams play hard, play fair, and according to the rules, but someone accidentally gets hurt, that's one thing. It's a bummer, but we can live with it. But a deliberate attempt to injure someone is way over the line.
I passionately wanted the Cowboys to beat the 49ers because they're an extremely good team, and a victory would have meant a lot. However, they're a good, solid organization that I respect. However, I don't respect the Eagles, and especially not their fans. It's not that they don't have a good team. Their team is excellent. It's bad enough when fans do disgusting things. However, those things are usually beyond a team's control. However, this is a team whose head coach, and many players, egregiously violated the rules, sportsmanship, and even the law. What Ryan did amounted to conspiracy to commit assault. After the league would have kicked him out of the NFL, he should have been prosecuted and sent to prison. That's what would happen to you or I. Imagine if at your place of work there was some coworker whom you could not stand. Hey, it happens. We have to make the best of it. However, if you put together a plan to have your coworker assaulted, you absolutely would have been prosecuted for it.
I always want my team to play well and to win. However, with the Eagles, it goes deeper. They're a disgusting and an evil organization. When the NFL was too spineless to punish Buddy Ryan, the Eagles organization could have. If they had immediately fired Buddy Ryan for the Bounty Bowl I, I would respect them. If they had done so after the Bounty Bowl II, I could live with that. I could even live with it if they had fired him after the Body Bag Bowl. It would have been delayed justice, but nevertheless justice. By not punishing Ryan in any way, the Eagles organization endorsed his thug-like behavior.
Plenty of awful stuff happens in real life. I won't go into any of that, as to heed the "no politics" rule of the site, a rule which I support, so I'll keep this about just the NFL. Many CZ members, myself included, once played sports on some level. We were taught sportsmanship. We learned you don't taunt the other team. You take responsibility for your play on the field without whining. You love your teammates like family, and you show respect to your opponent. You can have the toughest, hardest-fought game of your life, and then hang out with your team, and even with the opposing team, afterwards. They're your opponents, not your enemies. But, more important than any of this, you do not deliberately try to hurt another player. That's one of the worst, most-disgusting things any player could do. But the Philadelphia Eagles organization actually endorsed doing exactly that, and they've never shown any remorse for it. In their failure to condemn Buddy Ryan's disgusting actions, they supported them.
To be fair, I'll state that the current Eagles Coach, Nick Sirianni, is not the thug that Buddy Ryan was, not is he responsible for what Buddy Ryan did, nor are any of the Eagles' current players. However, in their failure to punish, or even to condemn, Ryan's actions, the Eagles organization endorsed them. And Eagles fans continue their atrocious behavior, treating it as normal to bully and assault opposing fans in their stadium. In last year's NFC Championship, they harassed and threatened Brock Purdy's girlfriend to the point where she was in tears and felt her life was in danger. Then, after the game, Eagles fans went online to social media groups and joked about how hilarious that supposedly was, and that it would have been even funnier if she had gotten sexually assaulted at the game. Do I even need to say that this has no place in the game? I think everyone here knows that. If any Cowboy fan ever behaved like that, I would be all over his case, and I would call the cops on him, if necessary.
This is why I feel anxiety in the pit of my stomach about the upcoming game. While I actually do respect Coach Sirianni and his players, I do not respect the Eagles organization or their fans. They're the only organization in the league that I don't respect. So, while I was kidding about kicking the whole organization out of the league, I do think that's what they and their thug fans deserve. It's just not practical to do. What should have happened was that they got properly punished for their contempt of sportsmanship and league rules, and for their crimes.
you do realize that Prescott is 8-3 in the last 11 games against the eagles.... and we split with them last year and each winning against the backup quarterback. daks also 1-0 agiasnt Hurts... as much as it feels like it, they don't dominate us...

chances are we lose on the road to them but beat them in our house, we probably split... i mean they are a good team it's just like they don't dominate us though. the 9ers are the monkey on our backs right now . the eagles don't scare me but it is big game against a good team on the road outdoors and that's going to be a tough win as we don't play well in that situation OF LATE....
Lost to 9ers, az, blew big leads in Jacksonville and GB, all outdoors.. ughhh

blueblood70

Reaction score
Any Cowboys fan should be anxious about this game. It's like getting your report card from school. This game will tell us if our hopes were a complete fantasy or a possible reality.

This game has important seeding ramifications. The winner will be in the driver's seat for the division title and a top seeding.

Games like this is why beer was invented.
beer maybe you mean vodka,lol, Beer is for sub 500 teams..its Bob Uecker time.

GMO415

Reaction score
Hire an editor. No one with a life, has time to read half of that. I didn't bother reading any of it. Way too long.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
The very best way to shut the fans up is to soundly defeat the eagles. That is so incredibly satisfying.

When I played football (not professionally), I remember a specific game where I lined up across a particular individual. We played both ways and I faced him both on offense and defense.

We were pretty evenly matched. We hit each other hard, over and over. He got the better of me sometimes. I prevailed sometimes. It was a long game.

When the final gun sounded, we both sought each other out and expressed appreciation for a game well played. We fought hard, but clean and had earned each other’s respect. Sportsmanship ruled the day.

Sportsmanship has been lost in the NFL. I hope the Cowboys rise up and soundly defeat the eagles. The eagles had really tough wins against Washington. Their schedule up to this point has mostly been pretty soft. They’re definitely beatable.
Every team is definitely beatable.....there are no juggernauts in the NFL anymore; As we have seen the 49ers, Chiefs, Bills beat numerous times already. The question is ....Is Dallas the one to do it? We saw they got taken to behind the woodshed by the 49ers....now it's the Eagles turn. This is the kind of game in previous years that Dallas has laid the proverbial egg and gotten embarrassed on national TV. Causing a lot of bandwagon jumpers to jump right off. We shall see.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Hire an editor. No one with a life, has time to read half of that. I didn't bother reading any of it. Way too long.
You didn't have the time to read 500 words, but you did have time to reply to something you didn't even read. Got it.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Nobody dislikes the previous owners of the Eagles (the guy in charge when buddy was coach) more than eagles fans.

He was a bad owner.

He didn't endorse Buddy Ryan's antics: he was too busy gambling his money away, and trying to move the team to Arizona or LA to cover his debts to even pay attention to what was going on the field.
That explains a lot. Thanks for the clarification. While it doesn't excuse his neglect, it does explain it.

JayFord

Reaction score
I just want a win because its a big game and im tired of coming up with frozen feces in big games

but if we lose 5-3 is still a great record but we need to be 6-2 and 3-0 in the division

Chuck 54

Reaction score
When playing a top team on the road, I feel no anxiety. I hope to play well and win, but the reality is that we are supposed to lose in Philly. The gambling books understand this stuff better than any NFL “experts” when picking games. When the Eagles came to Dallas, that’s a game we are supposed to win. I temper my expectations this way. If we win Sunday, I’ll be surprised and elated. If we lose a close game, that’s what was supposed to happen and I look forward to hosting them in Texas.