Why I have more anxiety for this game than any other

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
When the E-Goons' Buddy Ryan placed bounties on players, and even one on a kicker, to deliberately try to injure players, that was an offense so egregious, the team, and everyone who participated in that, should have been kicked out of the league. None of those participants should have been allowed to seek any kind of employment with any NFL team or broadcaster of NFL games. They shouldn't have been allowed to apply for a job at a hot dog stand at any NFL stadium. Then the City of Brotherly Trashiness should have been banned from ever getting another NFL team, and make that ban count for Philly and a surrounding 100-mile region. The team's fans earned getting kicked out again when they cheered for Michael Irvin getting a career-ending injury. And they earned it yet again when they booed their own first-found draft choice, Donovan McNabb, who is a fine human being and was an excellent player. They wanted someone else, so they decided to humiliate the man in front of his whole family.
Okay, maybe a team can't control what their fans do. At the bare minimum, Buddy Ryan, and every player who supported it, should have been kicked out of the NFL. Did Ryan and this thugs learn from their crime? Not at all. They did a Bounty Bowl II against Cowboy players. Then, the very next year, in 1990, they played a similar game against Washington dubbed the "Body Bag Game," in which they deliberately injured 9 players, including Washington's starting quarterback and their backup. So then the league got off their duffs and punished Ryan, right? Nope! The league did NOTHING to punish the most unsportsmanlike behavior that ever happened in the NFL.
And to be clear: I was kidding about completely throwing the Eagles out of the league. What I'm not kidding about is how disgusting their fans behavior has been. I'm also not kidding that Ryan, and every player or coach who supported the Bounty Bowls and the Body Bag game, should have been kicked out of the league. Also, ban them from any NFL broadcasting career, if that's legally possible. The league had the power to kick Ryan, and participating thugs, out of the league. But they didn't so much as give them a slap-on-the-wrist punishment. Deliberate attempts to injure a player have no place in the game. If two teams play hard, play fair, and according to the rules, but someone accidentally gets hurt, that's one thing. It's a bummer, but we can live with it. But a deliberate attempt to injure someone is way over the line.
I passionately wanted the Cowboys to beat the 49ers because they're an extremely good team, and a victory would have meant a lot. However, they're a good, solid organization that I respect. However, I don't respect the Eagles, and especially not their fans. It's not that they don't have a good team. Their team is excellent. It's bad enough when fans do disgusting things. However, those things are usually beyond a team's control. However, this is a team whose head coach, and many players, egregiously violated the rules, sportsmanship, and even the law. What Ryan did amounted to conspiracy to commit assault. After the league would have kicked him out of the NFL, he should have been prosecuted and sent to prison. That's what would happen to you or I. Imagine if at your place of work there was some coworker whom you could not stand. Hey, it happens. We have to make the best of it. However, if you put together a plan to have your coworker assaulted, you absolutely would have been prosecuted for it.
I always want my team to play well and to win. However, with the Eagles, it goes deeper. They're a disgusting and an evil organization. When the NFL was too spineless to punish Buddy Ryan, the Eagles organization could have. If they had immediately fired Buddy Ryan for the Bounty Bowl I, I would respect them. If they had done so after the Bounty Bowl II, I could live with that. I could even live with it if they had fired him after the Body Bag Bowl. It would have been delayed justice, but nevertheless justice. By not punishing Ryan in any way, the Eagles organization endorsed his thug-like behavior.
Plenty of awful stuff happens in real life. I won't go into any of that, as to heed the "no politics" rule of the site, a rule which I support, so I'll keep this about just the NFL. Many CZ members, myself included, once played sports on some level. We were taught sportsmanship. We learned you don't taunt the other team. You take responsibility for your play on the field without whining. You love your teammates like family, and you show respect to your opponent. You can have the toughest, hardest-fought game of your life, and then hang out with your team, and even with the opposing team, afterwards. They're your opponents, not your enemies. But, more important than any of this, you do not deliberately try to hurt another player. That's one of the worst, most-disgusting things any player could do. But the Philadelphia Eagles organization actually endorsed doing exactly that, and they've never shown any remorse for it. In their failure to condemn Buddy Ryan's disgusting actions, they supported them.
To be fair, I'll state that the current Eagles Coach, Nick Sirianni, is not the thug that Buddy Ryan was, not is he responsible for what Buddy Ryan did, nor are any of the Eagles' current players. However, in their failure to punish, or even to condemn, Ryan's actions, the Eagles organization endorsed them. And Eagles fans continue their atrocious behavior, treating it as normal to bully and assault opposing fans in their stadium. In last year's NFC Championship, they harassed and threatened Brock Purdy's girlfriend to the point where she was in tears and felt her life was in danger. Then, after the game, Eagles fans went online to social media groups and joked about how hilarious that supposedly was, and that it would have been even funnier if she had gotten sexually assaulted at the game. Do I even need to say that this has no place in the game? I think everyone here knows that. If any Cowboy fan ever behaved like that, I would be all over his case, and I would call the cops on him, if necessary.
This is why I feel anxiety in the pit of my stomach about the upcoming game. While I actually do respect Coach Sirianni and his players, I do not respect the Eagles organization or their fans. They're the only organization in the league that I don't respect. So, while I was kidding about kicking the whole organization out of the league, I do think that's what they and their thug fans deserve. It's just not practical to do. What should have happened was that they got properly punished for their contempt of sportsmanship and league rules, and for their crimes.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
When the E-Goons' Buddy Ryan placed bounties on players, and even one on a kicker, to deliberately try to injure players, that was an offense so egregious, the team, and everyone who participated in that, should have been kicked out of the league. None of those participants should have been allowed to seek any kind of employment with any NFL team or broadcaster of NFL games. They shouldn't have been allowed to apply for a job at a hot dog stand at any NFL stadium. Then the City of Brotherly Trashiness should have been banned from ever getting another NFL team, and make that ban count for Philly and a surrounding 100-mile region. The team's fans earned getting kicked out again when they cheered for Michael Irvin getting a career-ending injury. And they earned it yet again when they booed their own first-found draft choice, Donovan McNabb, who is a fine human being and was an excellent player. They wanted someone else, so they decided to humiliate the man in front of his whole family.
Okay, maybe a team can't control what their fans do. At the bare minimum, Buddy Ryan, and every player who supported it, should have been kicked out of the NFL. Did Ryan and this thugs learn from their crime? Not at all. They did a Bounty Bowl II against Cowboy players. Then, the very next year, in 1990, they played a similar game against Washington dubbed the "Body Bag Game," in which they deliberately injured 9 players, including Washington's starting quarterback and their backup. So then the league got off their duffs and punished Ryan, right? Nope! The league did NOTHING to punish the most unsportsmanlike behavior that ever happened in the NFL.
And to be clear: I was kidding about completely throwing the Eagles out of the league. What I'm not kidding about is how disgusting their fans behavior has been. I'm also not kidding that Ryan, and every player or coach who supported the Bounty Bowls and the Body Bag game, should have been kicked out of the league. Also, ban them from any NFL broadcasting career, if that's legally possible. The league had the power to kick Ryan, and participating thugs, out of the league. But they didn't so much as give them a slap-on-the-wrist punishment. Deliberate attempts to injure a player have no place in the game. If two teams play hard, play fair, and according to the rules, but someone accidentally gets hurt, that's one thing. It's a bummer, but we can live with it. But a deliberate attempt to injure someone is way over the line.
I passionately wanted the Cowboys to beat the 49ers because they're an extremely good team, and a victory would have meant a lot. However, they're a good, solid organization that I respect. However, I don't respect the Eagles, and especially not their fans. It's not that they don't have a good team. Their team is excellent. It's bad enough when fans do disgusting things. However, those things are usually beyond a team's control. However, this is a team whose head coach, and many players, egregiously violated the rules, sportsmanship, and even the law. What Ryan did amounted to conspiracy to commit assault. After the league would have kicked him out of the NFL, he should have been prosecuted and sent to prison. That's what would happen to you or I. Imagine if at your place of work there was some coworker whom you could not stand. Hey, it happens. We have to make the best of it. However, if you put together a plan to have your coworker assaulted, you absolutely would have been prosecuted for it.
I always want my team to play well and to win. However, with the Eagles, it goes deeper. They're a disgusting and an evil organization. When the NFL was too spineless to punish Buddy Ryan, the Eagles organization could have. If they had immediately fired Buddy Ryan for the Bounty Bowl I, I would respect them. If they had done so after the Bounty Bowl II, I could live with that. I could even live with it if they had fired him after the Body Bag Bowl. It would have been delayed justice, but nevertheless justice. By not punishing Ryan in any way, the Eagles organization endorsed his thug-like behavior.
Plenty of awful stuff happens in real life. I won't go into any of that, as to heed the "no politics" rule of the site, a rule which I support, so I'll keep this about just the NFL. Many CZ members, myself included, once played sports on some level. We were taught sportsmanship. We learned you don't taunt the other team. You take responsibility for your play on the field without whining. You love your teammates like family, and you show respect to your opponent. You can have the toughest, hardest-fought game of your life, and then hang out with your team, and even with the opposing team, afterwards. They're your opponents, not your enemies. But, more important than any of this, you do not deliberately try to hurt another player. That's one of the worst, most-disgusting things any player could do. But the Philadelphia Eagles organization actually endorsed doing exactly that, and they've never shown any remorse for it. In their failure to condemn Buddy Ryan's disgusting actions, they supported them.
To be fair, I'll state that the current Eagles Coach, Nick Sirianni, is not the thug that Buddy Ryan was, not is he responsible for what Buddy Ryan did, nor are any of the Eagles' current players. However, in their failure to punish, or even to condemn, Ryan's actions, the Eagles organization endorsed them. And Eagles fans continue their atrocious behavior, treating it as normal to bully and assault opposing fans in their stadium. In last year's NFC Championship, they harassed and threatened Brock Purdy's girlfriend to the point where she was in tears and felt her life was in danger. Then, after the game, Eagles fans went online to social media groups and joked about how hilarious that supposedly was, and that it would have been even funnier if she had gotten sexually assaulted at the game. Do I even need to say that this has no place in the game? I think everyone here knows that. If any Cowboy fan ever behaved like that, I would be all over his case, and I would call the cops on him, if necessary.
This is why I feel anxiety in the pit of my stomach about the upcoming game. While I actually do respect Coach Sirianni and his players, I do not respect the Eagles organization or their fans. They're the only organization in the league that I don't respect. So, while I was kidding about kicking the whole organization out of the league, I do think that's what they and their thug fans deserve. It's just not practical to do. What should have happened was that they got properly punished for their contempt of sportsmanship and league rules, and for their crimes.
Wow!
Not sure I know how you feel about the Shegals and Buddy Ryan ...
Care to elaborate ???
jk

Praxit

Reaction score
...meh, long season mon'frere'. I dont think Beagles that highly of team.

Have good plan and execute it. We'll see them again in about month.

But just to shut the pundits up. A win would be fantastic.

Note: Dak has handled Beags pretty well.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
“Disgusting and evil”? Crimes? The is an NFL franchise you’re talking about, right? Anxiety over a football game?

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
“Disgusting and evil”? Crimes? The is an NFL franchise you’re talking about, right? Anxiety over a football game?
Conspiracy to commit assault -- yes, I absolutely call that a disgusting and evil crime. This wasn't a case where a player got angry and lost his head and then hit someone. This was a case where the coach planned assaults in advance, and even offered money for them. And then he repeated his offense in Bounty Bowl II and in the Body Bag game. It was premeditated, and repeated two more times after the original offense, again with premeditation. Yes, Buddy Ryan should have been kicked out of the league and then should have been prosecuted.
Yes or no question: If you planned a assaults against several coworkers, and you paid people money to carry out the assaults, and then they did so, would you be fired and prosecuted? I would.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Conspiracy to commit assault -- yes, I absolutely call that a disgusting and evil crime. This wasn't a case where a player got angry and lost his head and then hit someone. This was a case where the coach planned assaults in advance, and even offered money for them. And then he repeated his offense in Bounty Bowl II and in the Body Bag game. It was premeditated, and repeated two more times after the original offense, again with premeditation. Yes, Buddy Ryan should have been kicked out of the league and then should have been prosecuted.
Yes or no question: If you planned a assaults against several coworkers, and you paid people money to carry out the assaults, and then they did so, would you be fired and prosecuted? I would.
Then, the NFL didn't much care for players in pay or health protections. Jerry Jones helped in over coming those aspects for player benefits.

I think the Cowboys can handle a gap 8 and handle the Lions...

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I got worn out just scrolling through all that. Whatever you said I hope eased your anxiety. lol

CCBoy

Reaction score
He confounded things for Houston and drove the offense and defense apart as well. You bet his Sons as well...

meddleroidz

Reaction score
nothing compared to the raiders at their worst! and the chiefs have criminal fans, some have been on high profile chase, recent as 2023. missouri is also more criminal than PA.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
I have no anxiety for this game because I have no expectations.

I learned this from the 49ers game
This. Plus in my books a game vs the Niners always beats a faceoff off with our north eastern division "rivals". Other than Washington I see no true rivalries here and don't care about them.

So to me it's just like any other game. But since they're a good football team these days I want to see how my Cowboys handle them.

Xelda

Reaction score
I apologize for my negativity, but I'm concerned about the heathen refs. I don't believe it will be a fair game.

Jay777

Reaction score
The very best way to shut the fans up is to soundly defeat the eagles. That is so incredibly satisfying.

When I played football (not professionally), I remember a specific game where I lined up across a particular individual. We played both ways and I faced him both on offense and defense.

We were pretty evenly matched. We hit each other hard, over and over. He got the better of me sometimes. I prevailed sometimes. It was a long game.

When the final gun sounded, we both sought each other out and expressed appreciation for a game well played. We fought hard, but clean and had earned each other’s respect. Sportsmanship ruled the day.

Sportsmanship has been lost in the NFL. I hope the Cowboys rise up and soundly defeat the eagles. The eagles had really tough wins against Washington. Their schedule up to this point has mostly been pretty soft. They’re definitely beatable.

diamonddelts

Reaction score
Evil organization? They are no worse than a organization run by whoremonger who refuses to hire qualified personnel. A once proud team held ruined by ego and nepotism.

plymkr

Reaction score
I apologize for my negativity, but I'm concerned about the heathen refs. I don't believe it will be a fair game.
I also share that concern. Especially playing in Philadelphia.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
If Dallas expects to win by huffing and puffing, you might have a point. Philly needs to be bullied, slapped around, and demoralized.

Jipper

Reaction score
Were probably going to get blown out. No reason to worry about it, should we exceed expectations great but this team has disappointed me so many times I just don't really care anymore...if they get a w then I do think they might be on to something but fully expect a 38- 16 type of beat down