CFZ Why I seriously doubt the eagles will win the NFC

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
In fairness, they beat the piss out of us for a half and then coasted. They've actually done that in a few games where they smoke someone in the first half and then just kind of play with their thumbs up their butts in the 2nd half.

They are the best team in the NFC right now for sure. They might be the best team in the entire NFL (despite their issues recently I think Buffalo is the best). Does that mean they will win a SB? Of course not. But it's funny watching Cowboys fans try to convince themselves a 9-0 team isn't all that good. The NFC is down this year for sure, so there is an easier path for sure for Philly to get to the SB. TB isn't all that good. GB stinks. Those were two massive hurdles in the NFC in recent years that just aren't there right now.

Put it this way. The same people trying to argue Philly isn't all that good would be absolutely creaming themselves if the Cowboys were 9-0 with the same results, schedule, etc.
Dallas hasn't played them with Dak. I think there's a very good chance they win based on match ups. Trash Cowboy fans for their opinion, I don't care. Just giving mine.

pitt33

Reaction score
When healthy, San Francisco is the best team in the NFC.

Dallas, Philadelphia and Minnesota are in the tier below them.

Dallas needs to avoid that matchup in the post season.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
They have the easiest schedule imaginable. The top seed is almost a certainty, especially in such a bad conference.

But attrition will decide a lot.

I don't think the conference is all that bad. Not really that different than the AFC. Each has 5 teams with 6 plus wins at the halfway point, and of the teams that are underperforming in each conference, the NFC definitely has the better chance at turning things around.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
In the last two decades, the teams that start red hot are almost never the ones who win a ring. Sure the e-girls are 9-0 but mark me down as a doubter they are the team of destiny.

My theory as to why teams that start hot have a very hard time winning the SB is this- the season is too long and the competition too close to maintain that level of dominance. The teams that win SBs the last two decades tend to be the ones who peak at the right time.

Evidence of my point- look at all the SB winners the last two decades that struggled at some point during the reg season:
  • 2021 Rams- were 6-4 after 10 games, then got hot all the way to the SB even though they did not have the coveted #1 seed. In fact, they were the #4 seed.
  • 2020 Bucs- were 7-5 after 12 games, did not win their division but were hot at the end of the season and it carried them all the way to a Lombardi. Btw, they were the #5 seed.
  • 2019 chiefs- were 6-4 after 10 games. Mahomes was only in his 3rd season and was still figuring out some things. Like the previous two teams, they got hot at the right time.
  • 2018 Pats- were 9-5 in early December that year and finished as the AFC’s #2 seed. But they won their last 5 games all the way to their last SB win.
  • 2015 broncos were 10-4 in December that year, including a stretch between early Nov to mid Dec where they were 3-4. But they got hot down the stretch winning their last 5 including the SB.
  • 2012 ravens were 9-5 in mid Dec and barely won their division. Again, they got hot at the right time.
This could go on….point is, the team that gets hot when it matters most is almost always the SB champ. Can the e-girls stay red hot all season? History says an emphatic NO.
This is a different beast in the East! The Eagles are talented thanks to some great trades that they made and have cruised to the season without any major injuries. The best the Boys can do is a wildcard slot this year...........

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I don’t want to avoid any team. Bring on the best. I think we can beat any team. If you can’t beat the best you aren’t that good anyway.

Creeper

Reaction score
Let me give the counter argument.

Even though I am a big believer in the saying "it's not how you start, it is how you finish", the Eagles have been a better late season team. If that trend continues they may actually look better in the second half of the season. Look at Hargrave and how he has come on the last two games. They lost Jordan Davis for at least 4 games but he will be back to help anchor that DL.

Despite Davis's ankle injury, the Eagles have been pretty healthy compared to other teams. The Cowboys have lost starters and role plays all season, but the Eagles lost Davis, and Barnett who has been as much of a headache for the Eagles as he was a player. If they stay healthy while other teams suffer injuries, the Eagles will have the upper hand. So far they have avoided the catastrophic injuries to key players.

Look at the Cowboys. They lost Tyron, Dak, Lewis and Basham for multiple games. They have lost Schultz, Hooker, Gallup, Washington, Bohanna, Brown, Wilson, Sam Williams, and Zeke for at least 1 game. I think if the Eagles had that misfortune with injuries they would not be undefeated right now.

Having said that, I do think the Cowboys will beat the Eagles at last once this season.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
In the last two decades, the teams that start red hot are almost never the ones who win a ring. Sure the e-girls are 9-0 but mark me down as a doubter they are the team of destiny.

My theory as to why teams that start hot have a very hard time winning the SB is this- the season is too long and the competition too close to maintain that level of dominance. The teams that win SBs the last two decades tend to be the ones who peak at the right time.

Evidence of my point- look at all the SB winners the last two decades that struggled at some point during the reg season:
  • 2021 Rams- were 6-4 after 10 games, then got hot all the way to the SB even though they did not have the coveted #1 seed. In fact, they were the #4 seed.
  • 2020 Bucs- were 7-5 after 12 games, did not win their division but were hot at the end of the season and it carried them all the way to a Lombardi. Btw, they were the #5 seed.
  • 2019 chiefs- were 6-4 after 10 games. Mahomes was only in his 3rd season and was still figuring out some things. Like the previous two teams, they got hot at the right time.
  • 2018 Pats- were 9-5 in early December that year and finished as the AFC’s #2 seed. But they won their last 5 games all the way to their last SB win.
  • 2015 broncos were 10-4 in December that year, including a stretch between early Nov to mid Dec where they were 3-4. But they got hot down the stretch winning their last 5 including the SB.
  • 2012 ravens were 9-5 in mid Dec and barely won their division. Again, they got hot at the right time.
This could go on….point is, the team that gets hot when it matters most is almost always the SB champ. Can the e-girls stay red hot all season? History says an emphatic NO.
your analysis is flawed bob.
This is an unusual season, defenses dominating games , offenses not doing well, and in nfc, all 3 teams that we would have picked as
the teams to beat, are not doing good. GB will have to work hard just to make playoffs, and it looks like they wont even be in playoffs.

I think the nfc east playing the weak afc division, and a weak nfc div , gave the east teams a easier schedule.
Thats mostly why the nfce east teams look so good, including dallas.

But Phil has gone unbeaten, so even though they have had the easy schedule all the nfce teams have had, that is still pretty good.

If Phil can continue and get # 1 seed, that could make all the difference, in whether they get to the SB or not.
They would only have to play 2 games at home.
So they look good to get there, but winning is another matter.

Same for dallas, they have a better than usual chance this season, to get to a champ game or SB, but once there they may not win.

Truth is some other team that makes the playoffs, and is used to or has played better teams, they might go rather than one of the nfce teams.

I think it would be fun to see 3 or even 4 nfce teams in playoffs, and it might happen, unless some of the other teams start playing better.

TB, Minn,Seahawks ,Rams, all have the shot at getting in via div champ , and once in any one of those teams might beat the nfce teams.

I like the seahawks, total surprise team, and the giants as well. no idea how they would fare in playoffs, hard to tell just yet.

So fortget history this is an offbeat year and like them or not phil is fairly good so far.

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

funny you bring this up. I’ve been thinking/hoping that the Eagles might be the 2007 Cowboys..and the Cowboys might be the 2007 Giants..

USArmyVet

Reaction score
You conveniently left out the Dak led Dallas Cowboys starts:

2016: 11-1 start only to be bounced after 1 playoff game

2021: 6-2 start only to be bounced after 1 playoff game

superonyx

Reaction score
The Eagles have built an offense that is simple, efficient and repeatable. There is no reason to expect them to all of a sudden fall flat. As long as they stay healthy they will be a tough out.
I see their offense as mostly trickery due to the heavy use of RPO's and QB runs. Typically defensive coordinators scheme ways to force any team to beat you with the thing they are the worst at. For the Eagles I believe that is making them beat you in the pocket passing the ball.

Their games are interesting because they seem to start the game hot, score early and then go long stretches without scoring. Seems they really get a little lead and don't want to subject Hurts to running all game. When they do that you start seeing 3 and outs and stalled drives. Of course then when it gets closer they go back to that and put away the weaker teams.

superonyx

Reaction score
Bro, have you not seen some of the dimes that boys been dropping lately?……he’s not the same passer that we’ve seen last season. His passing has been on point….unfortunately
Dropping a few highlight reel dimes isnt the same as being a game long efficient pocket passer.
Every QB can drop a few dimes. His stats are impressive as a passer from an efficiency standpoint because the heavy use of the RPO and how his legs draw the defense up.
Take that out of the game and lets see him throw them to victory over the course of a game.

Carson

Reaction score
They will win the division.

They will end up playing the Falcons in their first playoff game.

They can sleepwalk to the NFC Championship game.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Bob's on the Jerrywagon now. he thinks super dak is taking the division and the super bowl. Lol good one Bob, I didn't know you use sarcasm in your posts.]

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Eagles have also benefitted from great health. That is always a big factor in the playoffs.

But aside from winning the SB, the Eagles have a two-game lead on Dallas, with a far easier schedule. I don't see Dallas catching up with the Iggles for the division title, meaning more than likely we'll have to go to Philly in the dead of winter to play them in the playoffs, not a good prospect.

But we'll see, Eagles lose Hurts for a few games, and they could easily lose several of those games....

But if the Eagles are one and done, we would not have to go there.
And with the Eagles cupcake schedule, they very well could be one and done against a better team in the playoffs, and if they get hot as well.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is a different beast in the East! The Eagles are talented thanks to some great trades that they made and have cruised to the season without any major injuries. The best the Boys can do is a wildcard slot this year...........
Being a WC team isn’t the end of playoff chances. The winners of the last two SBs were the 4th and 5th seeds. When Tampa won it all in 2020, they didn’t even win their division.

I never said Philly wasn’t a good team. I’m saying based on recent history, I seriously doubt they will be able to maintain their red-hot status for 17 games and the playoffs. They have certainly had a great start. But we have a lot of football left before any team is crowned.

meddleroidz

Reaction score

the best team is 4-4? LOL....san fran has no QB! maybe san fran scare you as a cowboy fan, because they beat you soundly last year.

meddleroidz

Reaction score
Being a WC team isn’t the end of playoff chances. The winners of the last two SBs were the 4th and 5th seeds. When Tampa won it all in 2020, they didn’t even win their division.

I never said Philly wasn’t a good team. I’m saying based on recent history, I seriously doubt they will be able to maintain their red-hot status for 17 games and the playoffs. They have certainly had a great start. But we have a lot of football left before any team is crowned.
great start? this is mid season, so more than a start. worry about sweeping the giants and commies first because if you split with them you wont win the division.