CFZ Why I seriously doubt the eagles will win the NFC

Jimbo123

Reaction score
Interesting take. Respect.

However. This is where the whole strength of opponent comes into play.

Do you think playing the schedule (not Phillys fault) you have in front of you and then going up against a team like the Bills and or Chiefs would not be an immediate shock to the Eagles in a manner of "holy crap, we arent beating up on them like we usually do"

Keep in mind. The Eagles are a missed FG away from not being undefeated and that was against a mediocre Arizona team.
It wasn't a shock when they played the Cowboys. The Arizona field goal would have only tied the game.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Unless there’s a 2021 situation again where a team from the wildcard round ends up knocking off all the favorites. Would Miami be so heavily favored over Philly? Would Tennessee who already almost beat KC? Baltimore?
With only the top seed with a bye week everyone is basically playing in WC round now.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
In the last two decades, the teams that start red hot are almost never the ones who win a ring. Sure the e-girls are 9-0 but mark me down as a doubter they are the team of destiny.

My theory as to why teams that start hot have a very hard time winning the SB is this- the season is too long and the competition too close to maintain that level of dominance. The teams that win SBs the last two decades tend to be the ones who peak at the right time.

Evidence of my point- look at all the SB winners the last two decades that struggled at some point during the reg season:
  • 2021 Rams- were 6-4 after 10 games, then got hot all the way to the SB even though they did not have the coveted #1 seed. In fact, they were the #4 seed.
  • 2020 Bucs- were 7-5 after 12 games, did not win their division but were hot at the end of the season and it carried them all the way to a Lombardi. Btw, they were the #5 seed.
  • 2019 chiefs- were 6-4 after 10 games. Mahomes was only in his 3rd season and was still figuring out some things. Like the previous two teams, they got hot at the right time.
  • 2018 Pats- were 9-5 in early December that year and finished as the AFC’s #2 seed. But they won their last 5 games all the way to their last SB win.
  • 2015 broncos were 10-4 in December that year, including a stretch between early Nov to mid Dec where they were 3-4. But they got hot down the stretch winning their last 5 including the SB.
  • 2012 ravens were 9-5 in mid Dec and barely won their division. Again, they got hot at the right time.
This could go on….point is, the team that gets hot when it matters most is almost always the SB champ. Can the e-girls stay red hot all season? History says an emphatic NO.

Lemme guess....all that data pointing towards Eagles not winning NFC, also points towards Dallas being the obvious champ?

plymkr

Reaction score
True. And the margins between good and bad teams in the NFL are very thin. Philly has benefited from some scheduling breaks and with a 17 game season, it’s really tough to maintain a long period of being a hot team.
Philly has also benefited from some injury breaks. If Dak is healthy we win that game. Also Parsons wasn't 100% with a groin issue. I'm looking forward to seeing our rematch if our QB doesn't throw 3 picks and our best player has all of his explosiveness.

But to your main point. I agree. Usually the best regular season team gets thumped in the playoffs. This is especially true since FA started and parity began. It happened to us and the Cardinals last year. Several times the Packers had the best record and #1 seed and lost. Like you said there's a lot of examples of this. I'm not sold on the Eagles. They're good and I respect them but I don't fear them.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
They have the easiest schedule imaginable. The top seed is almost a certainty, especially in such a bad conference.

But attrition will decide a lot.

Agreed. Eagles haven't beaten a single good team yet. They are a few lucky bounces away from that 8-0 record being 3-5

quickccc

Reaction score
Right but that is the exception rather than the rule the last two decades.

We Cowboys in 2016, had the best record in the NFC during Dak & Zeke rookie year,
had a win streak like 8 in a row, ..Won the NFC East, and home field advantage in playoffs,
yet we were exited out of the playoffs, on our own home field,.. by the very QB we're gonna face this Sunday.

" Any given Sunday"..., ..and " this is why we actually play the game " ..

I'm not to be trusting in history and trend and stats,..but more trusting in man on man, our best vs their best, team discipline, coach vs coach, and teams that
are clutch when all the stakes are on the table.

mcmvp

Reaction score
I honestly don't think Philly has been lights out and winning in great fashion. They barely beat us with a back up. IN PHILLY. Most of their wins are by small margins.

Then why is it they are +90 in point differential. An average win of 11+ points is not a small margin in the NFL.

Toro9

Reaction score
In the last two decades, the teams that start red hot are almost never the ones who win a ring. Sure the e-girls are 9-0 but mark me down as a doubter they are the team of destiny.

My theory as to why teams that start hot have a very hard time winning the SB is this- the season is too long and the competition too close to maintain that level of dominance. The teams that win SBs the last two decades tend to be the ones who peak at the right time.

Evidence of my point- look at all the SB winners the last two decades that struggled at some point during the reg season:
  • 2021 Rams- were 6-4 after 10 games, then got hot all the way to the SB even though they did not have the coveted #1 seed. In fact, they were the #4 seed.
  • 2020 Bucs- were 7-5 after 12 games, did not win their division but were hot at the end of the season and it carried them all the way to a Lombardi. Btw, they were the #5 seed.
  • 2019 chiefs- were 6-4 after 10 games. Mahomes was only in his 3rd season and was still figuring out some things. Like the previous two teams, they got hot at the right time.
  • 2018 Pats- were 9-5 in early December that year and finished as the AFC’s #2 seed. But they won their last 5 games all the way to their last SB win.
  • 2015 broncos were 10-4 in December that year, including a stretch between early Nov to mid Dec where they were 3-4. But they got hot down the stretch winning their last 5 including the SB.
  • 2012 ravens were 9-5 in mid Dec and barely won their division. Again, they got hot at the right time.
This could go on….point is, the team that gets hot when it matters most is almost always the SB champ. Can the e-girls stay red hot all season? History says an emphatic NO.
Oh... Well, if you're using science obviously you haven't read the Bible.

Jimbo123

Reaction score
Then why is it they are +90 in point differential. An average win of 11+ points is not a small margin in the NFL.
+15 turnover and has never trailed in the second half but they stink

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
I don't care who "wins" the regular season That's like getting that date with the hottest girl in school only to learn that she just dated you to make her boyfriend jealous.

Winning in the play offs is where it's at, and since home field advantage hasn't actually been a real advantage for us in the past I don't care about road games. So let's not only date the prom queen but make sweet love to her in January. I heard something's going on in Glendale, Arizona on February 12th. :)
As long as she wants to make him REEAALLLY jealous, who cares? :)

JBS

Reaction score
I honestly don't think Philly has been lights out and winning in great fashion. They barely beat us with a back up. IN PHILLY. Most of their wins are by small margins.
This is absolutely false lol. What a terrible take. Flat out not true

Flamma

Reaction score
It's also possible that they haven't peaked yet despite being 9-0. Very few of their games have show dominance from the first minute to the last. But this is what worries me. There is room for improvement in their game, yet they are still 9-0. What happens if they do improve? Our uphill climb becomes that much harder. If they do improve and keep this up, we might as well resign ourselves to the 5th seed and defeat them in the NFCCG.

I also think the Eagles will beat Washington this week. But can we at least wait for them to win before calling them 9-0?

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
Having played no one with even an approximation of elite NFL QBs has played a role in every aspect of the Eagles success. I’m sure the motley crew of

Goff
Prime Kirk
Wentz
Lawrence
Murray
Rush
Pickett
Mills

is ideal prep for the playoffs and it won’t work out the exact same way it has every time their QB who just doesn’t turn it over has played one of them? Neither their coach or QB has ever beaten a playoff team with their starting QB other than Kirk cousins in Prime time. That is their whole record. They won a single home game and beat the dregs of the NFL and the fighting Cooper Rushs. Deep down they know it too. That’s why their here justifying their undefeated record

mcmvp

Reaction score
Having played no one with even an approximation of elite NFL QBs has played a role in every aspect of the Eagles success. I’m sure the motley crew of

Goff
Prime Kirk
Wentz
Lawrence
Murray
Rush
Pickett
Mills

is ideal prep for the playoffs and it won’t work out the exact same way it has every time their QB who just doesn’t turn it over has played one of them? Neither their coach or QB has ever beaten a playoff team with their starting QB other than Kirk cousins in Prime time. That is their whole record. They won a single home game and beat the dregs of the NFL and the fighting Cooper Rushs. Deep down they know it too. That’s why their here justifying their undefeated record

lol… there are Eagles threads all over this forum. Do you know what you don’t see over on the Eagles board…a bunch of Cowboys threads. I wonder why that is

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
lol… there are Eagles threads all over this forum. Do you know what you don’t see over on the Eagles board…a bunch of Cowboys threads. I wonder why that is
Idk don’t spend any time there. Got to get my Dallas week shirt ready real quick

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is absolutely false lol. What a terrible take. Flat out not true

Well, I mean they did play a competitive game against us at home with Cooper Rush playing. That doesn't scream great team to me.

The problem is our starting QB sucks too. So I don't know if anything would have changed.

The Cardinals missed a routine 40 yard FG to take it to overtime against them.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Is this puke serious?

They are absolutely obsessed with the Cowboys in Philly. Anyone who lives anywhere near that scumbag city is well aware of it.

Dakota

Reaction score
It's also possible that they haven't peaked yet despite being 9-0. Very few of their games have show dominance from the first minute to the last. But this is what worries me. There is room for improvement in their game, yet they are still 9-0. What happens if they do improve? Our uphill climb becomes that much harder. If they do improve and keep this up, we might as well resign ourselves to the 5th seed and defeat them in the NFCCG.
When did the egirls become 9-0?