Why is Dak refusing to give the cowboys a discount? Mahomes did!

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Looks like you did more work than Dak did in 2020....................

Rams 7-0 1st Quarter - Dak struggled early
Atlanta 20 - 0 1st Quarter - Dak and the rest of the Cowboys refused to leave locker room throughout the 1st quarter.
Seattle 23-15 Half - Dak threw 2 picks
Cleveland 31-14 Half - Dak threw 1 pick
Giants 14-3 1st Quarter Dak threw 1 pick
For a top whatever QB he's not getting the job done. Not worth the bank he's demanding! It appears he threw more picks than TDs.....ha-haaaa!
I see you nicely pick and choose what fits your agenda....perhaps its ADHD, since you keep changing how you measured each game, yet put them all together in one response..one game you picked 1st quarter, another game the half, trying to mix and match a false narrative that very easily is debunked....

so
Rams - 7-0 first quarter....has there never been a team that didn't score in the first quarter....Greenbay failed to score in the first quarter against Chicago...so Rodgers must suck!!! according to your measures, not mine.
but you failed to mention the score at the half was 14-13 cowboys!!!!

Seattle 23-15 at the half (now you switched to half time score!!, what's wrong with you boy)_...you failed to mention the score in the first quarter...it was 9-9

Cleveland 31-14 at the half.....great...the score was 14-7 after first quarter...yes we failed to score in second quarter and Dak threw an interception OMG. stop the presses, a QB threw and interception. why is he throwing interceptions. any QB that throws interceptions must be bad. cut him and cut him immediately.... Brady threw a couple of pick 6s in couple of games and his team won the games, because the defense made stops...against cleveland we gave up 138 yards rushing in 2nd quarter alone. yeah, I bet it was Dak's fault for the defense to give 138 yards of rushing...

Giants 14-3 at the end of first, so you switch to quarter measure again, when you measured half time scores before.....the score at half time was 21-20....and again, Dak threw an interception.....woohoo....like I said, Brady threw 4 interceptions his first 5 games, go figure.....

is your expectations that the offense scores every quarter of every game? how does that compare with other teams? how many points should an offense score every quarter of every game? like I showed you, you see the over all rankings compared to the rest of the league...
Is your expectations that Dak never throws an interception? is that possible? is that a correct expectations? if not, then why even mention he threw two interceptions in the middle of the game in 5 games and how does that compare to other top QBs?

in the first 5 games, dak threw 9 TDs and 4 interceptions, with 2 coming in the last few seconds of the two games (FACTS )...come on dude, do a little research and put a little thought behind your argument...you failed, misreably

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
It's been 2 yrs since the Cowboys have had a open drive TD......... Cowboys need to spread the wealth around on FAs and forget about signing this 4th rd wannabe QB. The above QBs you listed have all WON with lousy defenses, that's something Dak isn't capable of doing. How many teams has this fearless leader beat with winning records the last 3 years? I rest my case!

Three seasons ago, 2018 the Cowboys beat NFCW champ Seattle, AFCS champ texans, NFCS champ saints and twice wildcard eagles. In 2019 the rams and NFCE champ eagles both with winning records Oh did I happen to mention the Cowboys in 2018 got to the divisional round in the playoffs too. It's funny, not ha ha funny, that only the Prescott haters refer to him as a 4th round wannabe QB and the vast majority of the sporting world thinks Prescott is top 5-7 QB. You can let your hatred blind you to real true facts but that doesn't change those facts.

Flamma

Reaction score
I know this is going to shock you but there have been 17 Super Bowls with closer scores than Super Bowl LIII 10 point difference and that was not the only Super Bowl where the losing team only scored 3 points. Yes that's the lowest winning score by 1 point one time and 2 points 3 times. In 2018 the rams defense wasn't the defense they have now and wasn't their strong suite, it was their running game. In the divisional round they allowed the Cowboys to score 22 points and they also had not just 1 but TWO RB's to rush over 100 yards. The next week is when the saints got screwed. Yes having Goff on a rookie contract helped them build to where their defense is today, but Goff on a rookie contract had little to do with getting to Super Bowl LIII and getting away with pass interference.

Only 17? I think Goff on a rookie deal had everything to do with reaching the SB. But yeah, a lot of his success was through play action to dangerous RBs. I don't see all of these QBs not named Brady collecting rings after they get paid market value. Just coincidence?

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Only 17? I think Goff on a rookie deal had everything to do with reaching the SB. But yeah, a lot of his success was through play action to dangerous RBs. I don't see all of these QBs not named Brady collecting rings after they get paid market value. Just coincidence?

Both Rodgers and Brees won Super Bowls with contracts that when signed were market value contracts along with Eli and Big Ben.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
dak doesn't care about the other players on the team, he wants the whole pie. They can eat the crumbs and he and his fans will cry about not having any good players around him. win, win for the gimp.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
why is Dak allowing his contract saga to continue this long ? This is a great town with great state tax savings , and prime time endorsements , which Dak has already cashed in on . After all , Jerry selected Dak in the 4th round while others passed on him . Jerry surrounded him with the most expensive OL RB WR combos to succeed .

The cowboys need all the savings to fix the Defense . They spent the least money on defense among all NFL teams in 2020 61.4 Mil , except for the jets .

Yet ,Dak is not relenting one inch for the sake of this team like Mahomes or Brady and others did to help their teams .

look at the fabulous discount Mahomes gave the chiefs . A dream contract by all means for a super bowl winner . The chiefs were able to spend big on defense last year , spending 97 mil to stack up their defense ( 6th highest investment in defense among all teams ) . Mahomes cap hit was actually 5.3 mil in 2020 . If he continues to play this good , his cap hit will be 24.8 mil in 2021 , and 31.5 in 2022 . This is how you win Super Bowls !!!

In contrast, Dak’s cap hit last year was 31.4 Mil and now wants 40 mil a year.?? On top of the mistake expensive zeke and other contracts ?
This is how you remain irrelevant and 25 years away from a super bowl appearance !!
Wait who is Mahomes Head Coach?, GM? and how much guarantee money was involved? Head Coach and credible GM does not exist for the Arlington Jonesboys.

Mahomes also has the Cowboys defensive player (Ward, Hitchens, Wilson, Taco, etc.) Jerry Dumbo GM Jones did not keep in Dallas when he could have with Dak on a rookie deal. So...

Hell to the No on a discount for a dysfunctional GM and a dysfunctional Arlington Jonesboys pretending to be Dallas Cowboys.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
dak doesn't care about the other players on the team, he wants the whole pie. They can eat the crumbs and he and his fans will cry about not having any good players around him. win, win for the gimp.
I can relate.
I work on contracts and my work relies on budgets.

I don't give a crap.

I want my pay.

You want my work, I want my pay.

You can go volunteer at the Salvation Army.
Have at it.

I hear sorting clothes is fun!

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
I can relate.
I work on contracts and my work relies on budgets.

I don't give a crap.

I want my pay.

You want my work, I want my pay.

You can go volunteer at the Salvation Army.
Have at it.

I hear sorting clothes is fun!
I'm more of a samaritan purse type of person.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
Because he's an average QB at best who knows for a fact that another big contract is never going to appear in front of him again, that's why he's trying his damndest to screw JJ over. Mahomes is on the cusp of greatness and has watched Brady all these years take a discount to sign FAs that would help his teams take him to the next level and beyond!

basel90

Reaction score
Wait who is Mahomes Head Coach?, GM? and how much guarantee money was involved? Head Coach and credible GM does not exist for the Arlington Jonesboys.

Mahomes also has the Cowboys defensive player (Ward, Hitchens, Wilson, Taco, etc.) Jerry Dumbo GM Jones did not keep in Dallas when he could have with Dak on a rookie deal. So...

Hell to the No on a discount for a dysfunctional GM and a dysfunctional Arlington Jonesboys pretending to be Dallas Cowboys.
Coaching and GM at dallas is definitely deficient compared to KC

Flamma

Reaction score
Both Rodgers and Brees won Super Bowls with contracts that when signed were market value contracts along with Eli and Big Ben.

It certainly isn't unheard of. And like I said, they're not collecting rings. Big been was drafted in 2004, right? The contracts worked didn't back then, right? Did anyone have the type of rookie deal they get now?

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
This is ludicrous logic. The game is 11 on 11 not 1 on 1. The decline of that Super Bowl team might have been owed more to the defense falling from 6th to 26th from year to year. Maybe if Williams had been able to line up at linebacker? Or how about the fact that the running game slipped from 7th to 25th. William's body was breaking down in those last couple of years in Washington and he couldn't carry them. QBs got hit in those days and couldn't play into their 40's. But it should not diminish how good guys were because the rule changes make it so easy for guys to put up stupid numbers now.

You do know that Williams wasn't even the starting quarterback for the Commanders in that SB season? Jay Schroder was. Williams played because Schroeder got injured in the first game of the season, a separated shoulder, after that healed he returned as the starter. Williams couldn't even beat out Schroeder, who had a thoroughly undistinguished NFL career.

Look, I'm sorry, there is no way Doug Williams overall was a top NFL quarterback. Better than average? Maybe, I'll could see that, but that's about it.

If you think so, no problem, we all have our opinions...