Why is Dak refusing to give the cowboys a discount? Mahomes did!

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Dude I cannot stand here and let you disrespect Doug Williams like this. Yes his record in Tampa was 33-33.. But did you happen to notice what Tampa's record was in the years before and after him? They were 2-30 the two years before they drafted him.. then went 12-52 in the four years after they refused to sign him. In fact It took the Bucs until 1991 .. almost 10 full seasons to match the 33 wins that Williams led them to. And after having a winning record 3 of the 5 years Williams was their starter and one of those was the 9 game strike year in '82.. They did not have another winning record from 1982, Williams last year until 1997. 15 years!!! The Bucs should have paid him and they would not have had to waste 5 or 6 first round draft picks on QBs trying to replace him. He was the heart and soul of those teams. Not signing him was the biggest mistake in franchise history. When they refused to sign him many of the great players on the team revolted. Leroy Selmon retired rather than have back surgery. Hugh Green and Richard Wood demanded to be traded. So did Jimmie Giles.

I also think your recollection of the Super Bowl win against the Broncos is foggy. Timmy Smith had 5 carries for 9 yards until Williams hit Sanders on that 80 yard bomb to start the second quarter. THAT is what loosened up the Denver defense.. On Washington's next possession after that Smith had 2 carries for 20 yards.. Then on the possession after that he had one carry for a 58 yard TD. Coincidence? I think not.. Williams body was starting to break down by the time he got to the Skins.. he had taken a beating behind a bad o-line in Tampa and then again in the 3 years he spent in the USFL. He could not hold up a whole regular season anymore.. His knees were shot but he could still sling it .. None of his passes in that Super Bowl were "poorly thrown." I'm not sure where you got that from.

Here is the first TD

On whose planet is that "poorly thrown?"

Here is the second TD at the 00:55 mark ..

again perfectly placed over the shoulder is "poorly thrown?"

How about this one to the tight end at the 10:42 mark.

Not a lot of adjusting there either..

I don't know what you have against Doug Williams.. but you could not be more wrong about this take.

Oh yeah.. Plunkett was the full time starter both in 1980 and 1983. I don't know where you get the idea that he was the backup at any point on those teams.

Nothing against Williams, but to say he wasn't average, based on his entire career, is not supported. imo. Just look at the Sanders photo above - tight coverage, right? All Williams did was throw it to the end zone, Sanders just ran under it. Same with another td pass, the receiver had to run yards to his right to get to the ball, that wasn't a well thrown pass.

I have no problem with saying he had a very good SB. That's obvious. But like I said, ONE game doesn't make a player great....

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Wait a minute, who just made the super bowl with a 35M cap hit? Rodgers isn't in the SB and his cap hit for 2020 was 21 million. Next year will be around 37 million. Brady is around 14%.

Also, the cap isn't going up 60 million in one year. Not in the wildest fever dreams of a unicorn. Since 2015 the cap has gone up a steady, predictable, 10-12 million a year. If all goes well, and provided the league isn't still recouping lost money beyond 2021, the cap will be around 240-245 million in 2024. I'm just going by the pace set since 2015.
Mahomes just got a 10 year 500M contract...that's average of 50M per year...so what's his cap hit? 50M or 35M?

and Rodgers was in the NFCCG, so is that bad or good or doesn't make a difference. I mention rodgers because he seems to be the gold standard with dak detractors.....and Rodgers signed a contract a few years ago, at the time, his cap % was much higher, but now as you said, its much lower...why? cap went up.

expectations are that by 2024, when new ATV deals are done, the cap may go up by up to 20-25%.......there is talks that TV money could double. based on the CBA, players get a certain percentage of the revenue, so it may jump that much as expected. ridiculous, yes, but its a real possibility. read up on it and you will understand....the cap has gone up 10-12M a year, based on old TV contracts, ticket prices going up, additional revenue, etc. about 5% a year or there abouts..

part of the reason that Dak wanted a 4 year deal instead of 5, so he can hit FA in 2024...goff, wentz, wilson, etc. are all trying to be FAs by 2025 and negotiate a new deal, that's why they agreed to the deals they did, get money up front when they are still under contract, then go into 2025 as FAs.....

NFL salary cap could spike to $240 million in 2021 (fansided.com)

Impending NFL TV Rights Deals Are Impacting Contract Negotiations (thebiglead.com)

NFL’s monster TV deals with networks, Amazon will surpass $100B (nypost.com)

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwj05--Yt8vuAhUgAZ0JHSNfDg4QFjABegQIBBAC&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.sportspromedia.com%2Fnews%2Fnfls-tv-rights-fox-cbs-espn-nbc-amazon-value-2022&usg=AOvVaw16lf2YdN7APUKcEJHjVWxk

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
These owners were rich before they even bought into the NFL. If it weren't for these owners there would be no league and guys like Dak would be working for a living instead of playing a game that he loves for millions.
its a two way street. that's why players make 48% of the revenue and owners make 52%. and the players have something to do with the success. they are other rich people, who tried making new leagues, but the talent didn't match up, QUALITY of the product was bad and they perished and never succeeded. the players contribute to the success as well. and depending on the position, player, etc., they have a value to the owners.....QBs are highly valued. they sell jersey's. they put butts in seats. they create fandom's (just see this board). and they are the most recognizable face of a team. they are critical to a team's success and thus they make the most money. I don't blame the players to get as much as they can. its their right to do so. as much as the owners have a right to their teams, these players have a short window, they should capitalize as much as they can.

now, people blame Dak. but Zeke played hardball and got his money, no one complained about not getting a home town discount. Jaylon did the same....no one complained. Lawrence did the same, no one complained. cooper did it, no one complained. Martin did it, no one complained. Tyron did it, no one complained. but there are posts after posts, pages and pages of arguments over 3, 4 or most 5 M that Dak should or should not make......he quietly did his work. never complained. showed up. with his 4th round salary, yes a lot, but we are talking NFL and everything is relative to everybody else.. zeke didn't, he stopped playing and not showed with 2 years on his 1st round salary..... jaylon got an early gift. he was sidelined for two years and made a salary and didn't contribute one bit.....lawrence complained. tyron got an early gift, so did martin....now, all of a sudden hey, if he is more than 15% of salary, based on some meaningless statistic we are not going to make the superbowl...Martin has a salary of 84M, for 6 years, average of 14M per year...no team has ever made the superbowl when the RG makes 7% of the salary cap...is anyone complaining? show me one team where the RG or LG makes more than 3% of the salary cap and them making the superbowl...

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Dude I cannot stand here and let you disrespect Doug Williams like this. Yes his record in Tampa was 33-33.. But did you happen to notice what Tampa's record was in the years before and after him? They were 2-30 the two years before they drafted him.. then went 12-52 in the four years after they refused to sign him. In fact It took the Bucs until 1991 .. almost 10 full seasons to match the 33 wins that Williams led them to. And after having a winning record 3 of the 5 years Williams was their starter and one of those was the 9 game strike year in '82.. They did not have another winning record from 1982, Williams last year until 1997. 15 years!!! The Bucs should have paid him and they would not have had to waste 5 or 6 first round draft picks on QBs trying to replace him. He was the heart and soul of those teams. Not signing him was the biggest mistake in franchise history. When they refused to sign him many of the great players on the team revolted. Leroy Selmon retired rather than have back surgery. Hugh Green and Richard Wood demanded to be traded. So did Jimmie Giles.

I also think your recollection of the Super Bowl win against the Broncos is foggy. Timmy Smith had 5 carries for 9 yards until Williams hit Sanders on that 80 yard bomb to start the second quarter. THAT is what loosened up the Denver defense.. On Washington's next possession after that Smith had 2 carries for 20 yards.. Then on the possession after that he had one carry for a 58 yard TD. Coincidence? I think not.. Williams body was starting to break down by the time he got to the Skins.. he had taken a beating behind a bad o-line in Tampa and then again in the 3 years he spent in the USFL. He could not hold up a whole regular season anymore.. His knees were shot but he could still sling it .. None of his passes in that Super Bowl were "poorly thrown." I'm not sure where you got that from.

Here is the first TD

On whose planet is that "poorly thrown?"

Here is the second TD at the 00:55 mark ..

again perfectly placed over the shoulder is "poorly thrown?"

How about this one to the tight end at the 10:42 mark.

Not a lot of adjusting there either..

I don't know what you have against Doug Williams.. but you could not be more wrong about this take.

Oh yeah.. Plunkett was the full time starter both in 1980 and 1983. I don't know where you get the idea that he was the backup at any point on those teams.

Maybe they didn't resign him because his record and TD to INT ratings showed him to be an average QB. If he was that great of a QB then why, after not re-signing with TB, did no other team bring him aboard? Instead, Williams was out of football for the entire 1983 season before he went to play in the USFL from 1984-1985, where he was: 532 for 1,037 51.3% Comp % 6,757 Yards 36 TD's 38 INT's

While he did come in late to help the Commanders win the Super Bowl, he was out of the league a few years later so let's not portray Williams as an amazing QB that was passed over in spite of his greatness.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
You might want to get over yourself a bit, Dak bet on himself on lost horribly.
:facepalm::huh: he just got tagged and made 32M....probably will get tagged again and make 38 or get a 40M contract.....how is that exactly betting on yourself and losing? so far, you have had the least convincing argument in all of this and as a troll you failed badly

Flamma

Reaction score
Mahomes just got a 10 year 500M contract...that's average of 50M per year...so what's his cap hit? 50M or 35M?

and Rodgers was in the NFCCG, so is that bad or good or doesn't make a difference. I mention rodgers because he seems to be the gold standard with dak detractors.....and Rodgers signed a contract a few years ago, at the time, his cap % was much higher, but now as you said, its much lower...why? cap went up.

expectations are that by 2024, when new ATV deals are done, the cap may go up by up to 20-25%...

One thing at a time. Starting at the top with Mahomes. His cap hit is 5 million. You're making the same mistake many in here make with extensions. I saw it a lot with the Zeke contract. I don't blame anyone because most people aren't interested in contract details. What Mahomes signed was an extension, not a new contract, and not a one that replaces an existing contract. He signed an extension after his 3rd year of his rookie deal. That doesn't eliminate or replace his 4th year. He still has to play it out. That's why it's a 5 million dollar hit this year. Next year is still his rookie contract. It's the 5th year option. His 10 year contract extension doesn't start until 2022.

Rodgers. This year was a cap friendly year for GB in regards to Rodgers. Only taking up 10% of the cap. Next year it spikes. It won't be so friendly even if the cap rises by 20 million.

Now I see what you mean with the new TV deals. That's not something I can predict. I was just going by the usual trend, and the trend has been very predictable. Maybe a new trend will arise from the new deals. If they're expecting a spike in the cap, some teams might take a chance with contracts before it happens. But it's still a risk.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Nothing against Williams, but to say he wasn't average, based on his entire career, is not supported. imo. Just look at the Sanders photo above - tight coverage, right? All Williams did was throw it to the end zone, Sanders just ran under it. Same with another td pass, the receiver had to run yards to his right to get to the ball, that wasn't a well thrown pass.

I have no problem with saying he had a very good SB. That's obvious. But like I said, ONE game doesn't make a player great....

Wait.. are you saying that if a receiver has to run to get to the ball it's not a good throw? Seriously dude?!?!?!
From 1977 to 1990 the Bucs went When a QB lifts a team that went a combined 35-127 without him and 33-33 with him. So while a .500 winning percentage might not impress anyone, consider their .213 winning percentage without him and you get the picture. They were all time HORRIBLE without him and made the playoffs three out of 5 years with him including a trip to the NFC Championship game. They were on the verge of becoming a true contender. They had built a borderline great defense and the offense was starting to click. Stuff like this is why you can't just look at numbers.. You have to watch the games because that is the only true way to see what a guy did for his team. Numbers are nice, but winning is more important. Sure it's great when you can get both.. but that's just not always possible. Especially the way the game was played back then. Williams seldom had huge passing numbers.. John McKay and Joe Gibbs (his two coaches) were never going to have QBs put up huge numbers on a regular basis. What he did have was a tremendous will to win and the ability to inspire and uplift his teammates. Tampa ownership screwed him by banishing him to the USFL. But they also screwed themselves for the next 15 years.. I don't know what kind of career Williams might have had if things worked out in Tampa. Maybe he never wins a Super Bowl with them.. but with that running game, those receivers and that defense and him at the helm I would have liked his chances.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
How many top NFL quarterbacks give the "hometown discount"? First of all most quarterbacks don't play in even their home state, let alone "home town". Drew Brees was born in Texas and played at Purdue. Aaron Rodgers was born, and played in California. Aikman lived in Oklahoma and California. Terry Bradshaw was born and played in Louisiana.

So why would Dak give a "home town" discount when he was born in Louisiana and played in Mississippi?

Oh please, you can't take one season or one game and say "he was better than Dilfer".
Take Doug Williams, for example. His record in Tampa was 33-33, with 73 tds and 73 ints. His SB winning year, in the regular season he only started 2 games and had an 0-2 record in those. Followed up his SB win with a 4-6 year and was released after one 1-1 record year after than. And you do remember Timmy Smith had a SB record 204 yards rushing, don't you? He loosened up the Denver defense, every one of Williams' touchdown passes his receiver was either wide open or adjusted to catch a poorly thown pass.

So Williams was the SB MVP. What did he do before and after that season? Not much.

Plunkett "won" both his SBs as a backup, he bounced around with 4 different teams in his career. Had two winning records in 14 years in the league. Yeah he was great. So great that despite two SB "wins" he's not in the HOF.

Some of the quarterbacks mentioned may have been above average, but that's debatable...

Are you that much of a rookie fan that you don't know that the term "home town discount" actually means giving the team he's been playing for a discount. It has NOTHING to do with where they were born or played college ball.

Here's a HUGE fact about Dilfer that offsets anything you want to say about those other QB's. Dilfer IS THE ONLY QB that immediately after winning the Super Bowl his team DID NOT even offer to resign him and gladly allowed him to walk in free agency. A QB has to be pretty bad if a team doesn't even make an offer to try to keep their QB after winning the Super Bowl.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
What has he lost?
leverage for starters, Im not arguing that Dak has more money in his bank account than most will ever see.
Lets get over Daks bank account,, Im sure he wants a guarantee on success on the field in this league, I would hope its more than just about the money.
Maybe Im just a naïve fool,, but rings and success on the field seem to be important to some players still.
Say what you will about the Goat,, man has more money than he will ever spend but he collects rings for a reason.
I would hope Daks tears were for that reason, not his bank account.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
leverage for starters, Im not arguing that Dak has more money in his bank account than most will ever see.
Lets get over Daks bank account,, Im sure he wants a guarantee on success on the field in this league, I would hope its more than just about the money.
Maybe Im just a naïve fool,, but rings and success on the field seem to be important to some players still.
Say what you will about the Goat,, man has more money than he will ever spend but he collects rings for a reason.
I would hope Daks tears were for that reason, not his bank account.
The dude is playing for an organization that couldn't put a quality team on the field when they were paying $465k a year for the most expensive position in the league. That increased to an average of $1 million per year because Dak significantly outperformed his contact and he was awarded performance escalators. I think if he cared about winning, he should first look to leave this clown show.

That said, he was offered $30 million a year two years ago and turned it down by betting on himself. Last year he was offered $35 million per year and turned it down. Last year he ended up earning $31.4 million, which is $1.4 million more than the yearly average if he signed 2 years ago, but $3.6 million less than the yearly average if he signed last year.

If he is tagged again, his salary for next year would go to $37.7 million. That would ultimately mean Dak was paid $9.1 million more than the yearly average of his contract offer in 2019 and $900K less than the average of the contract he was offered in 2020. That's just using the yearly average of the contract offers ($30 million and $35 million per year). Plus it pretty much eliminates the Cowboys ability to tag him a 3rd year.

We won't know if he wins or loses yet until he signs a long term deal, but turning down the offers right now seems to be a pretty good bet for Dak.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
The dude is playing for an organization that couldn't put a quality team on the field when they were paying $465k a year for the most expensive position in the league. That increased to an average of $1 million per year because Dak significantly outperformed his contact and he was awarded performance escalators. I think if he cared about winning, he should first look to leave this clown show.

That said, he was offered $30 million a year two years ago and turned it down by betting on himself. Last year he was offered $35 million per year and turned it down. Last year he ended up earning $31.4 million, which is $1.4 million more than the yearly average if he signed 2 years ago, but $3.6 million less than the yearly average if he signed last year.

If he is tagged again, his salary for next year would go to $37.7 million. That would ultimately mean Dak was paid $9.1 million more than the yearly average of his contract offer in 2019 and $900K less than the average of the contract he was offered in 2020. That's just using the yearly average of the contract offers ($30 million and $35 million per year). Plus it pretty much eliminates the Cowboys ability to tag him a 3rd year.

We won't know if he wins or loses yet until he signs a long term deal, but turning down the offers right now seems to be a pretty good bet for Dak.
again, pretty good for the mans bank account.
Im just a fan of the Dallas Cowboys, I could care less about the mans money,, thats on him.
I want rings and Lombardi's, maybe that makes me the greedy one, but Im good with it, I know i have zero talent on the field, Im good with that.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
yep and if the gimp was drafted in Cincinnati or some other city he would still be getting all these ads and commercials. nope, he would probably still be on the bench waiting to be out of the league in a few years.

kskboys

Reaction score
All of those QB's were better than Dilfer. Dilfer is the ONLY QB that immediately after his team won the Super Bowl that didn't even get an offer to resign and was allowed to go in free agency.

Now Doug Williams was a Super Bowl MVP, Brad Johnson has a better career passer rating than Aikman, Joe Flacco was the Pepsi rookie of the year and a Super Bowl MVP, Jim Plucket was a Heisman Trophy winner, AFC rookie of the year, won 2 Super Bowls and was a Super Bowl MVP, Eli Manning won 2 Super Bowls and was TWICE a Super Bowl MVP, Jeff Hostetler won a super Bowl as did Dilfer but had a much better career than Dilfer.
Back up, G. You said average to below average. Those guys all fit the bill to a T. You were simply wrong on this one, or maybe spoke too quickly.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
One thing at a time. Starting at the top with Mahomes. His cap hit is 5 million. You're making the same mistake many in here make with extensions. I saw it a lot with the Zeke contract. I don't blame anyone because most people aren't interested in contract details. What Mahomes signed was an extension, not a new contract, and not a one that replaces an existing contract. He signed an extension after his 3rd year of his rookie deal. That doesn't eliminate or replace his 4th year. He still has to play it out. That's why it's a 5 million dollar hit this year. Next year is still his rookie contract. It's the 5th year option. His 10 year contract extension doesn't start until 2022.

Rodgers. This year was a cap friendly year for GB in regards to Rodgers. Only taking up 10% of the cap. Next year it spikes. It won't be so friendly even if the cap rises by 20 million.

Now I see what you mean with the new TV deals. That's not something I can predict. I was just going by the usual trend, and the trend has been very predictable. Maybe a new trend will arise from the new deals. If they're expecting a spike in the cap, some teams might take a chance with contracts before it happens. But it's still a risk.
exactly, patrick mahomes didn't give a home town discount, he got money two years early, before his contract ran out. having money today is worth heck of a lot more than 2 years from now...with that said his cap hit for 2021 is 24M, since now the new contract and money paid in bonuses counts against the cap. based on projected cap of 175M, then mahomes counts 14% of the cap, does it mean that their chances of winning a superbowl are lowered? in 2022 his cap hit is 32M, with a previously projected cap space of 220M, then his cap hit is 15% and I guess that guarantees that KC will not win the superbowl...its all the percentages...right? I guess at that point KC should just cut bait and let him go and sign a low priced street FA...

Patrick Mahomes Contract Breakdowns, Salary Cap Figures, Salaries, Bonuses | Spotrac

and to your point, people argue that a 40M average salary is unreasonable, using the same "math" of averages then Mahomes contract is 50M, which you just clearly said its not the money that counts against the cap this year.....so all this bruhaha of 40M cap per year, percentage of cap etc. is meaningless until we see the breakdown and cap hit per year...

and Rodgers signed a contract in 2018 that averaged 33.4M against the cap, which in 2018 was 177, and that made him about 19% of the cap...I guess GB should have just cut Rodgers....and in 2021 the actual cap hits (not averages), he will count about 21% of the cap. GB should just cut him now, there is no way he can make it to the superbowl....(he is older and they drafted a QB, so they may move on and rebuild).

and TV deals are coming. that's why all these QBs, players clamored to get their contracts done so by 2025 they are FAs and go after more money.....its just going to make salaries ridiculous for some players..specially QBs...I bet you Mahomes deal will get redone. guaranteed.

and bottom line, you over pay for FAs or certain players on your team, knowing/expecting the cap to go up. contracts get reworked. money gets pushed to future, make a run for a few years and give yourself a chance. Rodgers, Mahomes, Wilson, Watson give their teams the best chance to COMPETE. that's all you can ask for,

and I go back to my previous argument..... we have to draft better defensively. if we don't. we won't have a chance, even if the QB was making 500K a year, which for 4 years he did. and you can't build a defense through FA. you will over pay, and over pay for several players and you still won't have the type of team that will end up competing effectively....you will not be able to build a dominant defense that would be necessary to overcome the shortcomings of going cheap and low end at QB.

plus, I have argued, perhaps we shouldn't have resigned Martin.....no one wins a championship because they have the best dang Guard in the NFL....martin averages 14M per year. that was 7% of this year's salary cap. is it wise your RG takes up 7% of your salary cap? (his actual cap hit was 3.5%, but again playing the averages). his cap hit jumps to 17M in 2021....that's 10% of the cap.....do we want 10% of the cap to be dedicated to the RG!!! I don't see anyone complaining about that and wanting to get rid of Martin......In terms of impact, Guard is next to last on impact position to the offense (FB being last).....

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Are you that much of a rookie fan that you don't know that the term "home town discount" actually means giving the team he's been playing for a discount. It has NOTHING to do with where they were born or played college ball.

It can mean both...

kskboys

Reaction score
exactly, patrick mahomes didn't give a home town discount, he got money two years early, before his contract ran out. having money today is worth heck of a lot more than 2 years from now...with that said his cap hit for 2021 is 24M, since now the new contract and money paid in bonuses counts against the cap. based on projected cap of 175M, then mahomes counts 14% of the cap, does it mean that their chances of winning a superbowl are lowered? in 2022 his cap hit is 32M, with a previously projected cap space of 220M, then his cap hit is 15% and I guess that guarantees that KC will not win the superbowl...its all the percentages...right? I guess at that point KC should just cut bait and let him go and sign a low priced street FA...

Patrick Mahomes Contract Breakdowns, Salary Cap Figures, Salaries, Bonuses | Spotrac

and to your point, people argue that a 40M average salary is unreasonable, using the same "math" of averages then Mahomes contract is 50M, which you just clearly said its not the money that counts against the cap this year.....so all this bruhaha of 40M cap per year, percentage of cap etc. is meaningless until we see the breakdown and cap hit per year...

and Rodgers signed a contract in 2018 that averaged 33.4M against the cap, which in 2018 was 177, and that made him about 19% of the cap...I guess GB should have just cut Rodgers....and in 2021 the actual cap hits (not averages), he will count about 21% of the cap. GB should just cut him now, there is no way he can make it to the superbowl....(he is older and they drafted a QB, so they may move on and rebuild).

and TV deals are coming. that's why all these QBs, players clamored to get their contracts done so by 2025 they are FAs and go after more money.....its just going to make salaries ridiculous for some players..specially QBs...I bet you Mahomes deal will get redone. guaranteed.

and bottom line, you over pay for FAs or certain players on your team, knowing/expecting the cap to go up. contracts get reworked. money gets pushed to future, make a run for a few years and give yourself a chance. Rodgers, Mahomes, Wilson, Watson give their teams the best chance to COMPETE. that's all you can ask for,

and I go back to my previous argument..... we have to draft better defensively. if we don't. we won't have a chance, even if the QB was making 500K a year, which for 4 years he did. and you can't build a defense through FA. you will over pay, and over pay for several players and you still won't have the type of team that will end up competing effectively....you will not be able to build a dominant defense that would be necessary to overcome the shortcomings of going cheap and low end at QB.

plus, I have argued, perhaps we shouldn't have resigned Martin.....no one wins a championship because they have the best dang Guard in the NFL....martin averages 14M per year. that was 7% of this year's salary cap. is it wise your RG takes up 7% of your salary cap? (his actual cap hit was 3.5%, but again playing the averages). his cap hit jumps to 17M in 2021....that's 10% of the cap.....do we want 10% of the cap to be dedicated to the RG!!! I don't see anyone complaining about that and wanting to get rid of Martin......In terms of impact, Guard is next to last on impact position to the offense (FB being last).....
Doing a long rant post doesn't cover up the fact that you don't seem to understand this.