Why is Dak refusing to give the cowboys a discount? Mahomes did!

phildadon86

Reaction score
From what we know of each of their personalities or situations, I disagree completely.

I don't recall Dak holding the team hostage during his rookie deal and heading to Cabo then returning unfit to play.

I don't recall Dak saying he needed a rest with the season on the line. Same game, ones shoulder is falling off and the other is out of breath.

I don't recall Dak getting himself suspended by surrounding himself with the wrong people.

I don't recall Dak discussing "low key faded" to the world.

And whatever else.....
While I agree with you on most things. Zeke didn’t take himself out of that game. He took a knock to the head. Just saying. And pollard then fumbled to top it off

DandyDon52

Reaction score
why is Dak allowing his contract saga to continue this long ? This is a great town with great state tax savings , and prime time endorsements , which Dak has already cashed in on . After all , Jerry selected Dak in the 4th round while others passed on him . Jerry surrounded him with the most expensive OL RB WR combos to succeed .

The cowboys need all the savings to fix the Defense . They spent the least money on defense among all NFL teams in 2020 61.4 Mil , except for the jets .

Yet ,Dak is not relenting one inch for the sake of this team like Mahomes or Brady and others did to help their teams .

look at the fabulous discount Mahomes gave the chiefs . A dream contract by all means for a super bowl winner . The chiefs were able to spend big on defense last year , spending 97 mil to stack up their defense ( 6th highest investment in defense among all teams ) . Mahomes cap hit was actually 5.3 mil in 2020 . If he continues to play this good , his cap hit will be 24.8 mil in 2021 , and 31.5 in 2022 . This is how you win Super Bowls !!!

In contrast, Dak’s cap hit last year was 31.4 Mil and now wants 40 mil a year.?? On top of the mistake expensive zeke and other contracts ?
This is how you remain irrelevant and 25 years away from a super bowl appearance !!
Well we dont know about daks current demands, as the they cant negotiate right now, think they have to wait until new year officially starts.
So your right, but lets wait and see what his demands are this time.

fivetwos

Reaction score
While I agree with you on most things. Zeke didn’t take himself out of that game. He took a knock to the head. Just saying. And pollard then fumbled to top it off
Yep...thats true. He had a boo boo.

Glad Emmitt Smith didn't get one of those in the 93 finale.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
why is Dak allowing his contract saga to continue this long ? This is a great town with great state tax savings , and prime time endorsements , which Dak has already cashed in on . After all , Jerry selected Dak in the 4th round while others passed on him . Jerry surrounded him with the most expensive OL RB WR combos to succeed .

The cowboys need all the savings to fix the Defense . They spent the least money on defense among all NFL teams in 2020 61.4 Mil , except for the jets .

Yet ,Dak is not relenting one inch for the sake of this team like Mahomes or Brady and others did to help their teams .

look at the fabulous discount Mahomes gave the chiefs . A dream contract by all means for a super bowl winner . The chiefs were able to spend big on defense last year , spending 97 mil to stack up their defense ( 6th highest investment in defense among all teams ) . Mahomes cap hit was actually 5.3 mil in 2020 . If he continues to play this good , his cap hit will be 24.8 mil in 2021 , and 31.5 in 2022 . This is how you win Super Bowls !!!

In contrast, Dak’s cap hit last year was 31.4 Mil and now wants 40 mil a year.?? On top of the mistake expensive zeke and other contracts ?
This is how you remain irrelevant and 25 years away from a super bowl appearance !!

Damn it...lol.
I knew I should have hit me some smoke and think why is Dak allowing his contract saga to continue this long ? Where is my guitar!

Steve007

Reaction score
You are wrong. I like Dak. I have supported him here since day 1. I wish there was no cap. I wish the roster didn’t need so much work. I am not sure Dak is worth 40 mm. That is my issue. Love the guy but know that a Max contract will hurt this team.
The Dak fans don't understand that the Cowboy fans don't hate or dislike Dak they are just concerned that the cap hit will hurt the team.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
Would you or any cowboy fan prefer such a contract with all the future value of money impact plus 2-3 or 4 Super Bowls and a legend QB ?
Or just do with what Dak thinks he is worth ? We have seen what he can do . No thanks .

Again you are assuming your position about Dak is accurate. Brady did not win six Lombardi's by himself.

The 1994 NFC Championship game and Aikman throws a pic right off. Two fumbles later and Dallas is down by 21 points.

The best team on the field that day was Dallas. Even with Stepnoski and the other injuries. Yet Dallas offered up enough points at the beginning, the triplets and the best defense couldn't overcome the start.

I admit I have never seen the start to a season like this past. I have seen them all for this team except on season where I visited South East Asia on the dime of the US Taxpayer.

There is more to this past season than Dak and his accomplishments. Those are ignored because this site is about blaming someone for your hurt feelings.

The team is assembled just the same way all those Romo teams were assembled. Lousy defense. Trying to switch to a defensive philosophy with no training camp, a new head coach and Jerry Jones picking the groceries.

Put a top five defense and protection in front of Dak and he will pile up championships.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Yep...thats true. He had a boo boo.

Glad Emmitt Smith didn't get one of those in the 93 finale.
It’s not Zekes decision my friend. The new concussion protocol kicks in anytime a player has a hit to the head. I am not disagreeing I’m not a Zeke fan anymore but I’m not gonna bash the guy for something out of his control

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
It’s not Zekes decision my friend. The new concussion protocol kicks in anytime a player has a hit to the head. I am not disagreeing I’m not a Zeke fan anymore but I’m not gonna bash the guy for something out of his control
He didn’t even get checked out though. He went and sat on the bench.

flyinghorse

Reaction score

There’s a lot of truth here in your post....And I think the answer is (the problem is) his agent Todd France
I don’t care for the guy at all....do a little background reading on him....IMO he’s responsible for a lot of this Prescott contract mess....I’m no it saying all of it....JJ has his part but France is responsible for most of it

conner01

Reaction score
Would you or any cowboy fan prefer such a contract with all the future value of money impact plus 2-3 or 4 Super Bowls and a legend QB ?
Or just do with what Dak thinks he is worth ? We have seen what he can do . No thanks .
Mahomes is not an option for cowboys
Obviously anyone would take him
But Dak is a very good QB and arguably a top 10 QB and the best QB we have the option of getting in the near future

kskboys

Reaction score
Maybe the cowboys should have renegotiated Dak's contract two years before it was due like Mahomes and even Zeke if they wanted a discount. KC is also a winning organization where as the Cowboys are not. Why would Dak take a discount for an organization that has been mediocre for 20+ years? Maybe if they hire an actual GM and the criteria for next coach is more than being buddies with Jerry should any player here actually think about taking a discount, much less the qb.
THEY TRIED.

Geez, do you guys that keep repeating this never listen? Dak had even agreed in principle, and then backed out, from what I understand.

basel90

Reaction score
Again you are assuming your position about Dak is accurate. Brady did not win six Lombardi's by himself.

The 1994 NFC Championship game and Aikman throws a pic right off. Two fumbles later and Dallas is down by 21 points.

The best team on the field that day was Dallas. Even with Stepnoski and the other injuries. Yet Dallas offered up enough points at the beginning, the triplets and the best defense couldn't overcome the start.

I admit I have never seen the start to a season like this past. I have seen them all for this team except on season where I visited South East Asia on the dime of the US Taxpayer.

There is more to this past season than Dak and his accomplishments. Those are ignored because this site is about blaming someone for your hurt feelings.

The team is assembled just the same way all those Romo teams were assembled. Lousy defense. Trying to switch to a defensive philosophy with no training camp, a new head coach and Jerry Jones picking the groceries.

Put a top five defense and protection in front of Dak and he will pile up championships.
What you are saying is possible , but Dak is not Aikman or Brady , nor is he elite these days . But it is subjective and you may get your wish very soon as Jerry is fixing to pay Dak and then you will get to see Dak play for at least 3-5 years . I just don’t see how we pay Dak and fix the defense which you rightfully pointed needs fixing .

basel90

Reaction score
Mahomes is not an option for cowboys
Obviously anyone would take him
But Dak is a very good QB and arguably a top 10 QB and the best QB we have the option of getting in the near future
We have options . Without a great defense the cowboys won’t reach the super bowl , which should be the objective , not 8-8 9-7 6-10 cycle with Dak and mediocre defenses .

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Another troll that is uninformed.

robertfchew

Reaction score
ill never understand it. You are a made man by being a cowboys qb with even some success, look at romo who was mostly hated until the end. Both he and aikman have the two tops jobs in broadcasting. staubach is a millionaire hundreds of times over. Why on earth would you not do everything possible to win a sb, even with the stupid injury risk angle you get the best treatment available

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score

Blaming Dak is a mistake.

kevm3

Reaction score
THEY TRIED.

Geez, do you guys that keep repeating this never listen? Dak had even agreed in principle, and then backed out, from what I understand.

When did they try to renegotiate Dak's contract years BEFORE it expired? Comparing Dak to Patrick Mahomes 'accepting less' is nowhere near the same given KC renegotiated Mahomes contract before it expired and they have a winning organization.

Our FO offered Dak a deal after his contract expired and supposedly had an extra year that he didn't want. He's under no obligation to accept an offer he doesn't like, especially for an organization that isn't structured to win, has taken care of positions of lesser importance first and signed those players to record contracts, and has made him play out the duration of his contract.

SSoup

Reaction score
Oh look, yet another thread pitching a hissy fit about Dak being too uppity to just take what we feel like offering. Must be a day that ends in Y.